2023-2024 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bruh no interview wtf is going on

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied last year and I was rejected with no interview on February 9th. I sent an update letter last month because I'm finishing a Masters program but I still haven't heard anything. The fact that I haven't heard anything is both terrifying and a bit hopeful. Some people here already got pre-II rejections so I wonder why hanging on to my application for this long without doing anything :( :(

I applied last year and I was rejected with no interview on February 9th. I sent an update letter last month because I'm finishing a Masters program but I still haven't heard anything. The fact that I haven't heard anything is both terrifying and a bit hopeful. Some people here already got pre-II rejections so I wonder why hanging on to my application for this long without doing anything :( :(
i am a reapplicant this year too and it’s definitely scary! hopeful for you 🫶

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted from the hold pool yet? I’ve been on hold since 11/17 with no update since

wow i didn’t realize they reject without sending an email, i just now saw mine from 2/1 lol

Everyone here is eager to get into school, and looking for anything to set themselves apart. It's completely understandable. Some schools care about yield. It's also another contact point, another chance to give your elevator pitch.

This being said, OHSU strikes me as a school where this is less likely to have an effect. Their mission to educate Oregon physicians and the relatively small number of people they interview makes me think they are not as worried about yield. And to me it seemed to me they genuinely endeavor to make the process as equitable as possible, which means cutting out points of evaluation that are likely to favor certain groups over others.

Also they have no place for uploads in their portal, which to me says they don't want them.

i’m not sure how a generic letter will set you apart.

Has anyone been accepted from the hold pool yet? I’ve been on hold since 11/17 with no update since
My understanding is that most people don't get accepted from the hold pool until April 30th or right before then.

During my orientation day, they said that they were aiming for hold/reject/accept notices to be out 6 weeks post interview. Obviously some people will be notified earlier/later than that, but does this timeline seem to be generally true right now? Are they actually taking way longer than that?

During my orientation day, they said that they were aiming for hold/reject/accept notices to be out 6 weeks post interview. Obviously some people will be notified earlier/later than that, but does this timeline seem to be generally true right now? Are they actually taking way longer than that?
My acceptance took almost 12 weeks. So I would say not really true rn lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently in my 11th week of waiting since I interviewed, so I would say generally that is unfortunately not true right now. I've seen some people get their decisions sooner and later than me, so I think it really depends on your interview committee.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any other OOS folks still experiencing radio silence? I was marked complete 9/6 and haven't heard a peep! Checked my portal and I don't see anything about a rejection either.

Any other OOS folks still experiencing radio silence? I was marked complete 9/6 and haven't heard a peep! Checked my portal and I don't see anything about a rejection either.
That’s my story right there, ugh

facts and its confusing like should we have hope or are we rejected

i’m not sure how a generic letter will set you apart.

If it's well written it will not be generic. In my experience, I have often come away from an interview day with a more complete picture of how the school and its resources fit with my goals and my values. Expressing these things clearly and concisely could be a small boost. This being said, I've never written an LOI and have no direct evidence that they have ever helped anyone get in.

Honestly after this week I’m just gonna assume it’s a pre ii R

Hi! Curious if OHSU is receptive towards post interview letter of intent/if anyone has had experience with sending one?
I interviewed last week. I just checked my portal and I saw “Please note that further updates will not reopen your file or change the committee's decision.” Im not sure if you’ve interviewed already but if you have it looks like no additional information would be considered.
Also anecdotally, I have a friend that got in last cycle - he didn’t send a LOI.

My acceptance took 4 weeks. Seems like it's been all over the place.

Any MD/MPH applicants still waiting to hear back/receive an II? OOS Complete 09/01 radio silence since. Website says MD interview invites run through Feb/March (which one is it lol?) and was wondering if MD/MPH is on the same timeline?

Any MD/MPH applicants still waiting to hear back/receive an II? OOS Complete 09/01 radio silence since. Website says MD interview invites run through Feb/March (which one is it lol?) and was wondering if MD/MPH is on the same timeline?
I think they stopped interviewing for the combined degree. I'm not certain of that, but I interviewed in early January and they told me I was just interviewing for the regular MD program at that point.

I think they stopped interviewing for the combined degree. I'm not certain of that, but I interviewed in early January and they told me I was just interviewing for the regular MD program at that point.
Interviewed for the combined degree in late Jan, and I got the impression we were all genuinely being considered for the MD/MPH program. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I do remember leaving with the impression that we were one of the last rounds, if not the last round of interviews, and that they would end this month. Hopefully someone else remembers more clearly!

Pre-II R, just checked the portal. It's been real. Good luck to everyone!

thank god ohsu rejected me. good luck to everyone else, my journey is elsewhere.

Just got the A email!!!!!!! IS. Can't believe it! I checked the email and my page like 20 times

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Interviews conclude next week

Still haven’t gotten a pre-II rejection yet. No update on my portal . Anyone else going though this?

Pre-II R, check your portal if you haven't received an email!

Still no pre-II rejection. This is all that’s on my page. Made they forgot about me
IMG_2813.jpg

Last edited:
How did anyone set up a campus visit/tour?
They are doing campus visit days for accepted students once a month through May, I believe. I'm guessing you should receive an email about signing up for the April date here in the next couple of weeks. They only have space for 20 people per event, but you could try emailing admissions to ask if there's still room for the March 22nd campus visit day.

Interviews conclude next week
Interviewed for the combined degree in late Jan, and I got the impression we were all genuinely being considered for the MD/MPH program. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I do remember leaving with the impression that we were one of the last rounds, if not the last round of interviews, and that they would end this month. Hopefully someone else remembers more clearly!
Thank you all!! Guess my chances are slim (if any) of getting an interview for MD/MPH if they all conclude next week. looks like I've been ghosted :'( I'm taking it as a soft-R lol. Best of luck to all!

Do any current students who get the admissions update emails have any updates on how many A’s have been extended at this point? (Also, so sorry to everyone with the pre-II Rs, that was me last year and I know the pain 😭)

Do any current students who get the admissions update emails have any updates on how many A’s have been extended at this point? (Also, so sorry to everyone with the pre-II Rs, that was me last year and I know the pain 😭)
None since I posted unless I missed it. I stand corrected if I did miss it.