2023-2024 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else not able to upload a photo? No matter which file type I try to upload (jpg/png) it keeps saying it's the wrong file format...

Members don't see this ad.

For the data: OOS secondary received 7/10. AMCAS primary submitted on 6/16, still waiting for verification. Reapplicant. Casper scheduled for 7/18.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the data: OOS secondary received 7/10. AMCAS primary submitted on 6/16, still waiting for verification. Reapplicant. Casper scheduled for 7/18.
Me sitting here with no secondary IS with ties to the institution with a primary verified 6/01, Casper score received 6/29: 🤡

Judging by your LizzyM score, I can't possibly imagine you wouldn't get a secondary!
I don't think they screen, so I'm not worried about not receiving one (other than a communication error which has happened for me with another school). I have it pre-written so I just wish they would send one so I can get it out of my hands and be done with it!

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think they screen, so I'm not worried about not receiving one (other than a communication error which has happened for me with another school). I have it pre-written so I just wish they would send one so I can get it out of my hands and be done with it!
Best of luck (although you most likely won't need it with your amazing stats)!

how is everyone approaching the core competencies section? just listing courses?

Which school did this happen to you with? I want to make sure it did not happen to me too :)

Graduated from undergrad here in May. AMCAS Processed 6/3. Still no secondary. Love you BU ❤️

Reactions: 1 users
Graduated from undergrad here in May. AMCAS Processed 6/3. Still no secondary. Love you BU ❤️
Seems like maybe they’re going backwards from most recent app submission date🤷‍♂️

Members don't see this ad :)
still waiting for a secondary as well :/ was verified well before june 30. OOS for what its worth, took casper 6/1

Is anyone having trouble logging in? Their emails are so confusing - first with pre-registation form then the thing about first contact. I followed their steps but website is not letting me log in

Last edited:
Absolutely unrelated but am I the only one who thinks of Chobani yogurt every time I see "Chobanian & Avedisian SOM"

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Secondary finally received earlier this morning, verified 6/01.

How long did it take for you all to receive the confirmation email that the application is completed? They said to please allow 3 business days, and it has been longer than 3 for me

I have not received one yet either and I submitted a while back
Same deal here, on day 5 now with nothing beyond secondary app received email. Everything is green for me in the portal too.

Same deal here, on day 5 now with nothing beyond secondary app received email. Everything is green for me in the portal too.
Same, I submitted and got the secondary app received on 7/11 and am still waiting for the "Application Complete."

bruh I'm lowkey worried that I got screened out before receiving secondaries.... like how tf I was literately verified on 6/7 and casper score was sent 6/14... come on

bruh I'm lowkey worried that I got screened out before receiving secondaries.... like how tf I was literately verified on 6/7 and casper score was sent 6/14... come on
I'm in the exact same position but their website says they don't prescreen!

I was waiting for weeks and JUST got one this morning! I'm sure within the next 2-3 days they'll keep sending them.

^ same here. the website looks like it was made with 2 prayers and a dream so im guessing they might not want to overwhelm the server

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
People filling out the MSTP secondary, what are you guys doing for the "personal statement" section I feel like they are asking for all of the information we put down in the primary. I know it says you are allowed to write see AMCAS PS. But does this apply to the Why MD/PhD essay and the significant research essay?

I was waiting for weeks and JUST got one this morning! I'm sure within the next 2-3 days they'll keep sending them.
verified 6/7 and i just got the secondary 2 days ago, be patient the website is truly like pre-9/11

• Haha
just got secondaries today thank god but is any one else having trouble logging in after setting up the password and everything?

Edit: nvm i hate this website after 10 failed login attempts it finally let me in

I submitted payment but its not letting me submit my app. Says i didnt pay the fee but i was charged. Anyone else have this problem? Does it just take a while to go through?

In general is it frowned upon to use the fourth question to include something not totally new? I have something I want to talk about and I use an anecdote from my most meaningful activity to support my thesis, but it's an entirely new anecdote and idea. Unsure if it's okay to keep or not!

do you think we can pretty much use Qs 4 and 6 interchangeably? ie. write a culture blurb in 4 and an advanced training blurb in 6 that was not on my ap elsewhere?

Same, I submitted and got the secondary app received on 7/11 and am still waiting for the "Application Complete."
same here as of 7/24 nothing beyond supplemental app received email from 7/14. My portal doesn't say complete or anything even though all the requirements are green.

same here as of 7/24 nothing beyond supplemental app received email from 7/14. My portal doesn't say complete or anything even though all the requirements are green.
I submitted my secondary July 12th and got the complete email on Friday btw

Anyone else not get the secondary yet? I submitted 5/30 and was complete 6/6 OOS

I am confused why I haven't gotten the secondary yet. My LizzyM score is ~82 and I submitted my primary on day 1 and took casper 5/23...

I am confused why I haven't gotten the secondary yet. My LizzyM score is ~82 and I submitted my primary on day 1 and took casper 5/23...
They're just doing waves. I have a higher LM, also verified by transmit date, with a 5/10 casper and just received the secondary today. On the portal, it says they downloaded my AMCAS this morning.

Reactions: 1 users