2022-2023 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looking at last year's UMN TC thread, the first post of someone getting an R was around Aug 4th...
ahhhhhhh. Best of luck to you all, manifesting the II!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Minnesota considered OOS friendly, not sure if its too late to apply with 509 from MI

Is Minnesota considered OOS friendly, not sure if its too late to apply with 509 from MI
I'm OOS and was complete the last week of August two years ago and received an interview

Reactions: 1 user
Minnesota is very OOS friendly if you are URM. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t apply unless you have strong connections to the state.

Hello all! Just submitted my secondary last night (8/15). Will update with any news

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted my secondary 07/19, I will post an update when I hear something! IS, UMN undergrad, reapplicant and was able to get everything submitted much earlier in the cycle this time

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted my secondary 07/19, I will post an update when I hear something! IS, UMN undergrad, reapplicant and was able to get everything submitted much earlier in the cycle this time
Same except complete 7/15!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent my secondary in 8/10. Unfortunately life happened and didn't get my supplemental submitted in the "strongly encouraged" two weeks.

Hoping to practice rural medicine and IS here. Anyone else apply the rural or indigenous pathway?

Good luck to everyone!

when were u complete?
7/21
How did you find out. Email or portal
Email; albeit a very kind email compared to others I've seen so far.
I was verified 6/8, received OOS secondary 7/13 and had prewritten and proofread so I submitted same day. One of my top choices :(
I didn't have strong ties but I did genuinely want to go there. Both of my Rs have come from places I put a lot of time into because I did want to go there.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
7/21

Email; albeit a very kind email compared to others I've seen so far.

I didn't have strong ties but I did genuinely want to go there. Both of my Rs have come from places I put a lot of time into because I did want to go there.
woah u can respond to multiple in one post 0_o

Sent my secondary in 8/10. Unfortunately life happened and didn't get my supplemental submitted in the "strongly encouraged" two weeks.

Hoping to practice rural medicine and IS here. Anyone else apply the rural or indigenous pathway?

Good luck to everyone!
I took 3 weeks to submit my secondary and got in, so I wouldn't worry too much!

What’s the consensus on typos in secondary essays? Do they significantly hurt your application?

I took 3 weeks to submit my secondary and got in, so I wouldn't worry too much!
Appreciate sharing your experience. Gonna do my best to chill out for a couple weeks.

Not yet, I am guessing they will send it in 1st week of September like last year.

• Sad
The first interview date is September 13, so IIs should be coming out pretty soon :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Darn… just checked my application portal in the message section, and apparently I got rejected on august 22nd. This one really hurts a little extra since this was my top school for sure. I still haven’t received an email with my rejection letter. Anyone else in the same position as me? This was such a surprise to see I was rejected a week ago and still haven’t even received an email with this info :( super sad right now!!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Darn… just checked my application portal in the message section, and apparently I got rejected on august 22nd. This one really hurts a little extra since this was my top school for sure. I still haven’t received an email with my rejection letter. Anyone else in the same position as me? This was such a surprise to see I was rejected a week ago and still haven’t even received an email with this info :( super sad right now!!
are you in state? when were you complete?

are you in state? when were you complete?
In state, complete 7/18/22. I had an interview here last year, and was rejected post interview due to all of the spots already being filled. I applied earlier this year and gained more experience, so getting the rejection this early was so unexpected 😭

In state, complete 7/18/22. I had an interview here last year, and was rejected post interview due to all of the spots already being filled. I applied earlier this year and gained more experience, so getting the rejection this early was so unexpected 😭
i'm sorry :( i would def reach out to them and maybe ask for feedback?

i'm sorry :( i would def reach out to them and maybe ask for feedback?
Thank you thank you. Honestly, I’m just so confused that I was rejected according to the message section on august 22nd, and I still haven’t received an email. So weird! I sent them an email, hoping to hear back soon.

Goodluck to you all. I went to u of m for undergrad, it’s a wonderful school. I hope you all get in!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
omg thats so weird.... What pathway did you choose?

Has anyone else gotten an R from the portal and no email???