2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from the Jacksonville area code and just about had a heart attack, but it was for a political campaign lol

Reactions: 1 user
When y'all tried to upload a photo, did it actually show up next to your name at the top left of the screen? I'm 99% sure my photo is a JPEG but I'm all neurotic bc it looks weird.

EDIT: by weird I mean a file sticker that says "me" under it rather than my picture.

When y'all tried to upload a photo, did it actually show up next to your name at the top left of the screen? I'm 99% sure my photo is a JPEG but I'm all neurotic bc it looks weird.

EDIT: by weird I mean a file sticker that says "me" under it rather than my picture.
Where did you upload a photo? Is this post-II?

What about the 2/2 tracks like MN/AZ and MN/FL? What category do these people go under?

Members don't see this ad :)
Kant's philosophical treatment of mathematical knowledge comprised the bulk of the essay. I also incorporated a 'forbidden jutsu' for my closing sentence.
Ahhh, so orochimaru must’ve been your reviewer.

Reactions: 5 users
anyone know more about the interviews? sdn feedback talks about stress-test interviewers but I think that was before they went virtual

anyone know more about the interviews? sdn feedback talks about stress-test interviewers but I think that was before they went virtual
I didn't think mine was stressful; in fact, it was probably the most relaxed of all of my interviews. It might come down to which interviewer you get, but I don't think that's the norm here.

I didn't think mine was stressful; in fact, it was probably the most relaxed of all of my interviews. It might come down to which interviewer you get, but I don't think that's the norm here.
Can you please clarify - I am finding a PDF document for Mayo online which states it's a "behavioral interview" and has directions for replying using a method called S.H.A.R.E. However, I'm not seeing any information like that on their website. Do you know if this is old and still floating on the internet, and the interview format is now more conversational? Thanks for any information.

Can you please clarify - I am finding a PDF document for Mayo online which states it's a "behavioral interview" and has directions for replying using a method called S.H.A.R.E. However, I'm not seeing any information like that on their website. Do you know if this is old and still floating on the internet, and the interview format is now more conversational? Thanks for any information.
lol that is absolutely news to me. I interviewed in the 2020-2021 cycle and it was just two very conversational interviews. Where did you find that?

I’m sincerely hoping this is an older format, but when I searched for Mayo & interview format this comes up: https://www.mayoclinic.org/documents/preparing-for-a-behavioral-interview/doc-20150425
Ok, here's my take.

This doesn't sound new or novel. It just means that they ask you behavioral questions- which just about every single one of my med school interviews did anyway. "Tell me about a time when..." is fair game pretty much anywhere, so you should have something ready to go regardless. They're not going to ask you questions about experiences you haven't likely had.

Honestly, I can't remember the fine points of my interviews, but they may well have asked me some of these. It wasn't the whole interview though, and I just remember that they were pretty chill.

I guess tl;dr- don't let the weird acronym scare you; this isn't something new or scary. Just have examples of times you faced challenges, had disagreements, failed, etc. ready to go if needed for this interview and any other ones you do.

Reactions: 3 users
Are you sure this is for the school of medicine? Seems to me that this is used for hiring employees and doesn’t necessarily apply to Alix.
That's also a good point, but these types of questions are always fair game for med school interviews. Read the past ones on SDN- those are your best guide.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, here's my take.

This doesn't sound new or novel. It just means that they ask you behavioral questions- which just about every single one of my med school interviews did anyway. "Tell me about a time when..." is fair game pretty much anywhere, so you should have something ready to go regardless. They're not going to ask you questions about experiences you haven't likely had.

Honestly, I can't remember the fine points of my interviews, but they may well have asked me some of these. It wasn't the whole interview though, and I just remember that they were pretty chill.

I guess tl;dr- don't let the weird acronym scare you; this isn't something new or scary. Just have examples of times you faced challenges, had disagreements, failed, etc. ready to go if needed for this interview and any other ones you do.
Thank you, I sincerely appreciate your input.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the secondary portal? I keep getting a "runtime error."

Reactions: 2 users
Late update but received II for first choice track (MN) on 8/22! Complete 8/16

II for Rochester today (9/7). Complete 7/28. ogpa 3.9x, sgpa 3.9x, MCAT 519

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on hold today — anyone have any insights into what that might mean?

Just got put on "interview hold". Complete 07/07. I have insanely strong ties to the school too lol :( does anyone know if this is a soft R???

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 07/07, placed on interview hold today. LM 83

Last edited by a moderator:
Did all who got a Pre-II hold get an email? Or was it just an updated portal? Holding out hope...

Places on hold +1 based on previous years , majority of hold turns into R after 1 month. But there are some ppl who got off it.

Pre-II R just now, Canadian re-applicant, LM 77, completed 7/31, very sad

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R just now, Canadian re-applicant, LM 77, completed 7/31, very sad

Oh no…I’m so sad to see a fellow Canadian with high stats get rejected sigh. Did you apply to USMD last year too? :( best of luck for the rest of the cycle, you’ve got this!!