2022-2023 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was nervous about the secondary but it was super quick and easy! Can’t share the content but don’t be nervous, future secondary takers!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes same!! Just want to say for those who are worried, especially nontrads - it's totally like a job interview and just lean on your experiences and you'll be fine ! Wayyy easier than I thought

Members don't see this ad :)
Also received in-state secondary yesterday, around 3:30 PM CT. Do you guys think requesting a written secondary could hurt our application?

Also received in-state secondary yesterday, around 3:30 PM CT. Do you guys think requesting a written secondary could hurt our application?
congrats! mind if i ask your stats and when you submitted app/were verified?

congrats! mind if i ask your stats and when you submitted app/were verified?
I had 520; 3.6 cumulative, 3.5 bcpm; in state; non-trad; i submitted first day and transmitted like 5 days later but didn't get all my rec letters verified until June 20th.

Does Dell allow deferrals for serious illness (ex: cancer). I know some TX medical schools dont allow deferrals for any reason, but some will. I feel like because of the size of Dell it probably wont....

Does Dell allow deferrals for serious illness (ex: cancer). I know some TX medical schools dont allow deferrals for any reason, but some will. I feel like because of the size of Dell it probably wont....
I believe so. I just stumbled on a medical student at Dell on YouTube who is taking some time off for personal reasons and she sounded very appreciative of how accommodating Dell was. You can look her up yourself, her name is Natalie Rivas.

Explained in their WAMC post, and do we expect perfection of the numbers? nope
secondary received! shocked b/c i thought I'd def get screened out since i'm OOS w/o stellar stats.
3.78, 511, submitted 5/30, transmitted 6/15
Uf congrats! Still waiting on my OOS. Not holding my breath though after seeing they accepted 1 OOS student last year. Hope it went well!

Received a secondary invite 7/5! Looking back at the original email that they sent out, I'm still very confused about their screening/interview process.

"Dell Medical School utilizes a unique secondary application, a video secondary. Our goal is to give a greater number of applicants an opportunity to present themselves to the selection committee in their own voice. Currently only about 7% of the total applicant pool receives an interview. We hope to extend this opportunity to more than 20% of the applicant pool this year without the added expense of travel. Once completed and reviewed, we will then invite approximately 360 candidates for an on campus interview."

Are they saying that there will be one video interview and one in-person interview after secondaries? Or are they referring to the secondary as the video interview?

Received a secondary invite 7/5! Looking back at the original email that they sent out, I'm still very confused about their screening/interview process.

"Dell Medical School utilizes a unique secondary application, a video secondary. Our goal is to give a greater number of applicants an opportunity to present themselves to the selection committee in their own voice. Currently only about 7% of the total applicant pool receives an interview. We hope to extend this opportunity to more than 20% of the applicant pool this year without the added expense of travel. Once completed and reviewed, we will then invite approximately 360 candidates for an on campus interview."

Are they saying that there will be one video interview and one in-person interview after secondaries? Or are they referring to the secondary as the video interview?
The secondary will ask you questions which you will respond to via your webcam (video response to the questions).

Later if they like your secondary you may be invited to interview (probably via Zoom). They estimate they will interview 20% of applicants.

The secondary will ask you questions which you will respond to via your webcam (video response to the questions).

Later if they like your secondary you may be invited to interview (probably via Zoom). They estimate they will interview 20% of applicants.
Thanks for your clarification! So post #15 above is wrong then? In other words, there will be two rounds of interview after the secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your clarification! So post #15 above is wrong then? In other words, there will be two rounds of interview after the secondaries?
There are not 2 rounds of interviews.
The quoted email from Dell was a little confusing, as they copy/pasted their own old email and they have already moved up to interviewing about 20% of applicants.

There are not 2 rounds of interviews.
The quoted email from Dell was a little confusing, as they copy/pasted their own old email and they have already moved up to interviewing about 20% of applicants.
Oh really! Gotcha! Do you happen to know how many applicants they give secondaries to?

II Received 7/14...it is virtual and over zoom

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone received secondaries since 7/5?

II received 7/19.
IS, submitted secondary 6/6.

Anyone else going crazy waiting for a secondary from this school? I was transmitted in late June and I'm worried I might have been screened out :(

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else going crazy waiting for a secondary from this school? I was transmitted in late June and I'm worried I might have been screened out :(
Me, it's my one of my top choices. I'm gonna try to keep my cool about it because my LORs just got verified 1 week ago and it seems that everyone in this thread who received the secondary had their LORs in (I was transmitted early June but my LOR writers took a while to finish their letters). Its still July and Dell only started sending out most secondaries mid June so don't lose hope, seems like they're not really going in order of transmission either. 522/3.55 URM are my stats, waiting patiently for it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if it was just me but my LORs weren’t all transmitted when I got my secondary. Definitely be patient though. It’s still very early, and this process is honestly so random.

Not sure if it was just me but my LORs weren’t all transmitted when I got my secondary. Definitely be patient though. It’s still very early, and this process is honestly so random.
dang. just gotta keep hoping I guess. got an II from San Antonio a couple days ago so got that going for me :)

II invite this morning, 8/1! I thought I completely botched the video secondary, so this is music to my ears!! Secondary submitted 6/25.

Reactions: 6 users
Great Job! You’re killing it.

Thank you! I really didn't think the Dell interview was coming. As soon as I finished recording my video secondary, I regretted not opting for the written version. I'd much rather speak to an actual human being than record a video pretending to speak to a human being lol.

II invite this morning, 8/1! I thought I completely botched the video secondary, so this is music to my ears!! Secondary submitted 6/25.
Did they call you on the phone for the II? I heard that's their preferred method these days so I've been picking up every spam call ever since lol

Did they call you on the phone for the II? I heard that's their preferred method these days so I've been picking up every spam call ever since lol

I received a phone call for the II. If you dont answer, they’ll leave a voicemail. In any case, the phone number shows “Austin, TX.”

They did call. Somehow I didn't receive their calls or voicemails, so they called my mom, who called my wife, who informed me that Dell had called. That was a nice and strange surprise lol!

• Haha
Someone has gotta stop this guy! He's taking all the II's! Killer job buddy.

• Haha
Congrats! Seeing you everywhere makes me even more motivated dude! :)

II today!! I cant even begin to describe how excited I am!!

Last edited: