2023-2024 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dell Med does not use a written secondary application, but will screen applicants and offer those they are interested in an invitation to complete a video-response secondary.
Dell only sends secondaries to about 20% of applicants.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
University of Texas - Dell Medical School Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got an email from Dell today saying that they received my application--had no idea it would happen so fast. They said they try to send secondary applications to 20% of the applicant pool, then interview 380 candidates. best of luck to y'all applying--just getting a secondary from Dell would be a dream lol

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email from Dell today saying that they received my application--had no idea it would happen so fast. They said they try to send secondary applications to 20% of the applicant pool, then interview 380 candidates. best of luck to y'all applying--just getting a secondary from Dell would be a dream lol
received this email this morning too. I was not expecting that

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same. received secondary yesterday

Same. received secondary yesterday

They sent you a secondary already? Or they sent you the "We received your application" e-mail?

They sent you a secondary already? Or they sent you the "We received your application" e-mail?
They said they received my application and stated they are inviting me to fill out their secondary and to check my email for detials.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
They said they received my application and stated they are inviting me to fill out their secondary and to check my email for detials.
Congrats! That's really awesome.

Do you mind sharing your stats?
Hello. My undergrad GPA is 3.8. Graduate GPA is 3.7. I have over 40,000 hours of clinical experience and Lots of leadership. Dell, according to their website, really like leadership. Also MCAT pending

Hello. My undergrad GPA is 3.8. Graduate GPA is 3.7. I have over 40,000 hours of clinical experience and Lots of leadership. Dell, according to their website, really like leadership. Also MCAT pending
Wow impressive! so you still dont have an MCAT score ? good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow impressive! so you still dont have an MCAT score ? good luck
thank you. you too. I was shocked. However, I've been a Physician Assistant for 14 years, so FWIW, I think this may have helped.

Has Dell been pretty silent so far for secondary invites?

Might be a silly question, but does anyone know if Dell requires an MCAT score be submitted prior to receiving a secondary?

Based on this application timeline page on their website, they will start sending out secondaries in July.

This is surprising since it looks like they sent out secondaries in June the last couple of years. But hey, I can stop being neurotic about not receiving an invite yet :rofl:

Waiting on Dell now. It's my top choice, so hoping I can at least get a secondary invite from them 😭

Reactions: 5 users
IS secondary received! Primary was transmitted on 5/31.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Secondary received!

Reactions: 5 users
Secondary received, verified 1st week of June!

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary received 7/11 around 4:30 pm! ORM, IS, LizzyM 70. Can’t believe it!

• Love
I have to admit: seeing the LM of the folks who’ve received a secondary from Dell, and their background, makes me lose hope for ever being accepted at Dell. One person has 14 YEARS of PA experience. Jeez. I know Dell likes nontrads, but these nontrads aren’t your normal nontrad. They have already worked in healthcare for many years. I’m an old nontrad career changer with zero science background at all.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I have to admit: seeing the LM of the folks who’ve received a secondary from Dell, and their background, makes me lose hope for ever being accepted at Dell. One person has 14 YEARS of PA experience. Jeez. I know Dell likes nontrads, but these nontrads aren’t your normal nontrad. They have already worked in healthcare for many years. I’m an old nontrad career changer with zero science background at all.
Totally understand your sentiments. But what Dell is looking for is people with the potential to make a positive impact on our healthcare system and a track record of being changemakers. If you have experiences that show you have strong leadership, problem-solving skills, and creative thinking abilities, I'm sure you have a chance. Comparison is the thief of joy my friend.

It’s also super early in the cycle to lose hope. Keep the faith!

Congrats to all of the nontrads getting secondaries!

I'm also a nontrad, LGBTQ+ URM....I want to email them and be like hiiii

Anyone have any idea what the turnaround time from secondary to interview might look like? I’m being neurotic again 😎
Seeing the notification for this made me nauseous because I thought it was going to be someone saying they got an II :rofl:

• Haha
Seeing the notification for this made me nauseous because I thought it was going to be someone saying they got an II :rofl:
Haha - personally my heart dropped because I thought that I was going to see another round of secondaries go out that I didn’t make it into. 😂

• Care
  • Haha
Anyone else not feel amazing about their secondary responses and somewhat tan out of time to explain it just me and my nerves?