2023-2024 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am spending my gap year out of the country and my phone is not receiving phone calls (except for what’s app). Does Dell send an email in addition to the phone call for II? Wondering if I should email them and let them know my situation just in case? I don’t want to come off as arrogant though…

Members don't see this ad.

I am spending my gap year out of the country and my phone is not receiving phone calls (except for what’s app). Does Dell send an email in addition to the phone call for II? Wondering if I should email them and let them know my situation just in case? I don’t want to come off as arrogant though…
Send a brief email saying you are reachable by email only for the time being

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think Dell will still send out secondaries? Or do you think that ship has sailed?

Secondary invite on 9/17. Submitted in early June. I'm a traditional applicant, but I have extensive experience in teaching and weather forecasting. LM 76

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I submitted my primary in august, is there a chance that I won't get a secondary at all because I applied too late?

Members don't see this ad :)
IS secondary today! Primary transmitted mid July and MCAT updated 8/16. (3.6 & 518)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed here late August and still don’t see it to rank on TMDSAS. Is this normal?

OOS II this morning!!!! 🤠 hook ‘em🤘🏼

Complete 8/8, video secondary submitted approx September 13th (don’t remember the exact date)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Two questions for you all:

1. What was Dell’s interview day like? What kind of sessions did they have, etc?

2. Does anyone know what Dell’s post-II acceptance rate is? Especially for OOS but IS could be interesting to see as well. I know there were 2 OOS matriculants out of 17 interviews last year on MSAR but I’m thinking the number of accepted has to be at least 5 if not 6-7 based on looking at the OOS MCAT and GPA data ranges.

Two questions for you all:

1. What was Dell’s interview day like? What kind of sessions did they have, etc?

2. Does anyone know what Dell’s post-II acceptance rate is? Especially for OOS but IS could be interesting to see as well. I know there were 2 OOS matriculants out of 17 interviews last year on MSAR but I’m thinking the number of accepted has to be at least 5 if not 6-7 based on looking at the OOS MCAT and GPA data ranges.
1. It was LONG. A group/team-building activity, 30 min 1:1 interview, and 5 MMI stations. Very nice people and made it feel way shorter than it was. I enjoyed it.

2. I’m not OOS and so I really can’t speak on that. I know this is probably a boring and generic answer, but the general consensus I’ve received from mentors and SDN is that none of these statistics matter. It is way too far out of your control to worry about. Just go crush your interview and let the rest fall as it may! Good luck my friend!

would Dell Med still send out video secondaries at/after this point or is it all II from here on out?

Does anyone know what the dress code is like for the campus visit next week? I'm flying in so deciding what to pack

business professional all the way, with casual clothes to travel in and go out for food truck meals in
Jeez really? I wanted to wear nice jeans not stupid dress pants. Thought these were casual 😭

• Okay...
Wait, is this business professional just for Dell or all campus visits? I was under the impression that most campus visits were business casual.

Wait, is this business professional just for Dell or all campus visits? I was under the impression that most campus visits were business casual.
I agree. It seems weird to me that only Dell would be business professional. Another campus visit I went to was business casual, and we were told to wear tennis shoes for walking.

Dell just emailed me about visit and me, thinking it was a pre-match, almost 💩 myself

• Haha
Hey guys, I'm a student admissions representative here at Dell. I see some confusion about attire for the visit day. I can confirm that for Dell, the visit day attire is stated as "Casual, and since you will be touring the building, please wear comfortable shoes". We also have an unofficial lunch planned with y'all who are coming which is within good walking distance from campus at the nearby park (you can drive there too I believe) so it would be great if you dressed comfortably. All those instructions should be contained within an email you should have received yesterday ahead of the visit this Saturday.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Do we get to know the names of our traditional interviewers?

Have there been any records of secondaries being released in/after October? I am in the process of sending update letters since I completed my master's, but I am unsure what to do in Dell's case since I haven't even received a secondary yet. Should I send the update via email and hope it results in a secondary, or should I assume I wasn't a part of that lucky 20% and not send it at all?

Last edited:
Have there been any records of secondaries being released in/after October? I am in the process of sending update letters since I completed my master's, but I am unsure what to do in Dell's case since I haven't even received a secondary yet. Should I send the update via email and hope it results in a secondary, or should I assume I wasn't a part of that lucky 20% and not send it at all?
Thank you for your interest in Dell Medical School. We have received your application and if all required documents have been received by TMDSAS, we will soon begin the initial review. Please note that the only way to update your application is through TMDSAS and that no materials received through an alternate channel will be added to your application file.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, IS secondary received this morning!
congrats, IS still waiting for a secondary.... losing hope atp cause I've heard from so many other texas schools but not even a secondary from dell

Reactions: 1 users
congrats, IS still waiting for a secondary.... losing hope atp cause I've heard from so many other texas schools but not even a secondary from dell
Dell and TCU take their time reading the primaries and don’t send out secondary invitations all at once

Dell and TCU take their time reading the primaries and don’t send out secondary invitations all at once
yeah I've gone through the replies and seen that they send out in batches so I'll hold out hope for a bit longer thank you

yeah I've gone through the replies and seen that they send out in batches so I'll hold out hope for a bit longer thank you
I haven't heard anything from Dell either.

• Care
If it makes you feel any better I've only heard back from only 3 other Texas schools and I applied to them all

Last years thread I believe they were sending out secondaries even in Jan

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
If it makes you feel better, I've only heard from 1 other Texas school.

Visit day today was nothing short of incredible! I wish everyone the best vibes and luck this cycle with all schools!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users