2023-2024 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does Dell compare to the schools like McGovern and Long? Is going to Dell a more risky play for competitive specialties, or does the UT name already allow Dell to hang with the best in the state in terms of matching and overall respect from residency directors? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Wondering this same thing

Members don't see this ad.

Also found other current students and other interviewees super friendly and fun to talk to. Seems like they have/are building a great community there.

How does Dell compare to the schools like McGovern and Long? Is going to Dell a more risky play for competitive specialties, or does the UT name already allow Dell to hang with the best in the state in terms of matching and overall respect from residency directors? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Probably best to look through the match list for making that decision for your long-term goals in terms of specialty and locations.
(Dell 2023): Residency Match Results | Dell Medical School
(Dell 2022): OFFICIAL - 2022 Match Lists

(McGovern 2023): https://med.uth.edu/admissions/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2023/03/MMS-Match-Report-FINAL.pdf
(McGovern 2022): https://med.uth.edu/admissions/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2022/03/2022-Match-Report-FINAL.pdf
(McGovern 2021): https://med.uth.edu/admissions/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2021/03/2021-Match-Report.pdf

(Long 2018-2023, links on website for other years): Residency Match Results | Long School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad :)
So secondaries are due on the 15th? I assume they are just waiting til the 14th to send them to the rest of us? lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I think secondaries were due on the 15th of November
Which school were you referring to, @Bonehead11 ?
9632BA17-9C61-41C9-BFFE-5E8E08285F11.jpeg

This is from the automated email they sent when they received primary

Reactions: 1 user
View attachment 379773
This is from the automated email they sent when they received primary
Thanks for the details. It makes sense, since they space out sending their secondary invitations so much, they would have a later secondary deadline than the other TMDSAS schools.

Ummm so I just got an invite for a secondary 10 min ago I’m IS LM 74 and got verified early august.

Don’t know if this was an accident but I guess there’s still hope.

I’m just confused since the priority deadline passed on 12/15

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Ummm so I just got an invite for a secondary 10 min ago I’m IS LM 74 and got verified early august.

Don’t know if this was an accident but I guess there’s still hope.

I’m just confused since the priority deadline passed on 12/15
Maybe priority deadline is not the final deadline???
Or maybe Dell admissions folks are just human and fell behind their goals like a lot of us.

no more secondary invites from this school right? 12/15 was the priority deadline for those

no more secondary invites from this school right? 12/15 was the priority deadline for those
Someone reported receiving one on here yesterday. Don't worry, the delusion train is still rolling and we still have hope :cool:

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if scholarships will be given out before the match?

Current MS1 here! Just wanted to say good luck to you all and please feel free to DM with any questions!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone who has interviewed already not seeing Dell in their "School Preference Rank" list on TMDSAS? Interviewed almost a month ago and not sure if that delay is normal or not.

Is anyone who has interviewed already not seeing Dell in their "School Preference Rank" list on TMDSAS? Interviewed almost a month ago and not sure if that delay is normal or not.
P sure it was normal a lot of people in this thread had that issue

If it has been a month, contact them and politely ask them to update you on their portal so you can rank them.

Got the pre-match call at around 7:45 today. I'm extremely grateful!!!

Reactions: 4 users
IS II !! in the call they said 1/23 is their final interview. Complete 10/31

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Figuring if I haven't gotten the secondary by now, I should count it as an R, right? ahhah

• Care
The last campus visit day is on the 3rd and I wanted to know if people ended up wearing business casual or like jeans and a nice top?? Can anyone who has already gone say what the general dress code seemed to be?

The last campus visit day is on the 3rd and I wanted to know if people ended up wearing business casual or like jeans and a nice top?? Can anyone who has already gone say what the general dress code seemed to be?
I wore jeans, a Polo jacket, and New Balances. Didn’t feel over or underdressed at all. Some people did dress nicer than me though.

50% off tuition and fees awarded just now!!! This decision is making McGovern versus dell so hard

• Love
lol surprise that is amazing but wrecked my match list and made me confused again 😭
Here's what you need to know about having 2 prematch schools: Whichever one you rank as #1 is where you will Match.
There is no changing your mind after Match Day if you have ranked a prematch school as #1

For those of you who have a prematch but ranked other schools higher, but don't match to one of them on Match Day: there is still chance to go to one of them later via an offer from the WL.

Here's what you need to know about having 2 prematch schools: Whichever one you rank as #1 is where you will Match.
There is no changing your mind after Match Day if you have ranked a prematch school as #1

For those of you who have a prematch but ranked other schools higher, but don't match to one of them on Match Day: there is still chance to go to one of them later via an offer from the WL.
Yeahhhh I know it’s a very tough decision for me. Wishing everyone luck

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Dell sending that welcome to dell med with the Facebook thing freaks me out every time as it makes prematches feel binding 😭

Anyone know what how waitlists work at Dell, or how the waitlist movement is?