2023-2024 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, my Dell Med interview day experience was amazing! The time flew by with most of it spent in casual conversation breakout sessions with current med students or in general information sessions about the school.

Fingers crossed! I came away with a VERY positive impression of this school and the way they are doing things. The school seems very receptive to its students, the campus is also expanding significantly, and the curriculum is very interesting especially with its 3rd year opportunities.

It sounds like most of the movement for OOS students will occur after the match, although it's technically possible to hear back before then.

Also - to everyone who gets secondaries or IIs later - it was made very clear during the interview day that Dell goes out of their way to give everyone as close to an equal shot as possible, whether they are reviewed in January or in August, so keep the faith!

Anyway, just wanted to share some information here so people know what to expect in the future… I hope this helps someone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Had a great time at the visit! Our tour guide was incredibly honest with us, even mentioning that rotation sites are kind of subpar, especially for those considering competitive specialties. I actually really appreciated her honesty and transparency about all things good and bad about DMS!

Reactions: 3 users
IS secondary today! Transmitted 6/16, forgot I applied here 💀

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is II received this morning LM 75 complete 9/28

Definitely wasn't expecting to get the call but I'm super excited and grateful for this opportunity :)

Reactions: 4 users
IS II just got the call!!!
That's crazy, dude. Commented twice in the same thread, first to congratulate me then with an II. That's good karma going around, now go kill that interview!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just out of curiosity, @2023applicantxd and @Upstairs_Syllabus781, did either of you also get scheduled for this Thursday? I'm kinda panicking getting the invite three days before the interview. I'm nervous about not having time to prepare especially with the weird interview format at Dell.

Just out of curiosity, @2023applicantxd and @Upstairs_Syllabus781, did either of you also get scheduled for this Thursday? I'm kinda panicking getting the invite three days before the interview. I'm nervous about not having time to prepare especially with the weird interview format at Dell.
They gave me the option for this Thursday and November 14! I chose November 14 bc I’m busy this week sorry!!! Good luck dude you’re gonna do great !!

• Care
Don't be too worried! My biggest issue with the interview format was that the day was just long. Each actual component of the interview is pretty straightforward and I think very doable. You are going to do great!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't be too worried! My biggest issue with the interview format was that the day was just long. Each actual component of the interview is pretty straightforward and I think very doable. You are going to do great!
Thanks friend, really appreciate the reassurance!

Completed 6/13, secondary invite 9/8, Secondary completed 9/11, II today!!! They do circle back if anyone is wondering and it ain't over 'til it's over!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the call for an interview today!!
518 & 3.64, submitted secondary sep 27th.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
IS II today (Wed)! Got the call at around 4:30 Texas time

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Me, an Aggie, hoping for a DMS pre-match:
IMG_4578.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
IS II today! (LM 71) Really excited! Submitted end of October

Reactions: 2 users
IS II today. LM 74, non-trad, ORM, completed primary on July 28th. Secondary received Aug 25th and completed mid-Sept due to being sick. Re-applicant, though first time apply to Dell. Happy to see my awkwardness during the video secondary was not too much of a setback! :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Dell is so silly they keep forgetting my secondary haha it’s totally coming soon hahahaha 😃

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Got an interview invitation from Dell. They offered interview dates in early December and mid-January. I have a final exam the day after the interview date in December. Would scheduling the interview for January be too late, and does it affect the admissions decision?

Got an interview invitation from Dell. They offered interview dates in early December and mid-January. I have a final exam the day after the interview date in December. Would scheduling the interview for January be too late, and does it affect the admissions decision?
No, a final exam is a good reason to choose the other date and you won’t suffer

Dell is so silly they keep forgetting my secondary haha it’s totally coming soon hahahaha 😃
LOLL same
has anyone had any experience with emailing a school to express interest in filling out their secondary? seems a bit extra but dell is rly rly dream school so im not sure if i should or not :))):

Congrats! So Dell pre-matches do exist! You must be proud.

Not to be that guy, but what was your interview date?

Thank you! Don’t remember the exact date but it was my first II - sometime in late August.

Hi! I interviewed 11/2, and Dell isn't showing up as an option to rank on TMDSAS? Does anyone with the same interview date have a similar issue?
Edit: I'm paranoid that this means I was fully rejected lol

Hi! I interviewed 11/2, and Dell isn't showing up as an option to rank on TMDSAS? Does anyone with the same interview date have a similar issue?
Don’t worry, everyone who has interviewed has a chance to rank the school.
If you don’t see Dell on your portal by Monday, write Dell a polite email asking them to please update their portal so you can rank them

Dell takes a while to show up on TMDSAS, so don't worry!

Pre-matched this past Friday! Didn’t answer since it was a Minnesota area code but just now seeing the voicemail she left. Interviewed 8/26!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Spreading some hope to everyone here! Submitted my primary on 6/20 and didn't hear back about a secondary invite until 10/16. Submitted secondaries on 10/21, didn't feel great about my responses but just got the call for a II on 11/28!

How does Dell compare to the schools like McGovern and Long? Is going to Dell a more risky play for competitive specialties, or does the UT name already allow Dell to hang with the best in the state in terms of matching and overall respect from residency directors? Can anyone shed any light on this?

How does Dell compare to the schools like McGovern and Long? Is going to Dell a more risky play for competitive specialties, or does the UT name already allow Dell to hang with the best in the state in terms of matching and overall respect from residency directors? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Dell has a phenomenal match list, stellar STEP averages, I think maybe highest in the state i'm not sure. Honestly I've heard that in 5-15 years if Dell does decide to be a part of USNWR, they have a good chance to be the best in Texas - just speculation but they're really a phenomenal school.