2023-2024 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone's curious, I emailed admissions to ask about how their waitlist process works. This is their response: "All applicants who did not receive an initial offer or match is on our waitlist. Over the next couple of months, there will be lots of movement from the waitlist. If it becomes necessary for us to fill a seat from the waitlist, we will call applicants in the order they were ranked by the admissions committee during their initial deliberation." So it sounds like a ranked waitlist. I'm not sure if they take letters of interest or intent.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone's curious, I emailed admissions to ask about how their waitlist process works. This is their response: "All applicants who did not receive an initial offer or match is on our waitlist. Over the next couple of months, there will be lots of movement from the waitlist. If it becomes necessary for us to fill a seat from the waitlist, we will call applicants in the order they were ranked by the admissions committee during their initial deliberation." So it sounds like a ranked waitlist. I'm not sure if they take letters of interest or intent.
Thank you so much for asking them!! I was wondering the same thing but was afraid to ask lol. And i would guess they don’t take LOI because they seemed to say that it wouldn’t affect anything and they wouldn’t even be forwarded to the admissions committee? That’s my guess

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for asking them!! I was wondering the same thing but was afraid to ask lol. And i would guess they don’t take LOI because they seemed to say that it wouldn’t affect anything and they wouldn’t even be forwarded to the admissions committee? That’s my guess
They didn't take LOI or updates before so it makes sense that they wouldn't now either

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc, since they have a ranked waitlist is it appropriate to ask where you stand on it?
Sorry, they won’t tell you. I think the reason they even said their list is already ranked in order was to cut down the number of LOIs trying to move up on the list.
Have they just replaced that with a number of emails asking “where am I ranked?”

In Texas we gotta let the dust settle a bit after the stampede before we can see our way.
(Meaning it will be a little while before admissions offers are made from the WL).

Sorry, they won’t tell you. I think the reason they even said their list is already ranked in order was to cut down the number of LOIs trying to move up on the list.
Have they just replaced that with a number of emails asking “where am I ranked?”

In Texas we gotta let the dust settle a bit after the stampede before we can see our way.
(Meaning it will be a little while before admissions offers are made from the WL).
Got it more waiting then haha - a little frustrating bc if i'm ranked low, i'll just give up hope for this school but now I have hope and i'd rather it not get crushed later on

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah its also a ranked waitlist that they made before match day so we can't do anything to help move up

I can't imagine there are too many people on this WL right? I only know two people from Texas who applied this cycle and both interviewed at Dell but matched at UTSW and Baylor respectfully so I imagine that several people were taken away bc of the match and several probably have OOS acceptances as well

I can't imagine there are too many people on this WL right? I only know two people from Texas who applied this cycle and both interviewed at Dell but matched at UTSW and Baylor respectfully so I imagine that several people were taken away bc of the match and several probably have OOS acceptances as well
I was also thinking and hoping that is the case lol

If I didn’t get an A yet at this point it’s probably a safe assumption that I won’t, right? OOS if that matters.

Question, even though we all got the waitlist email, do any of yall actually see Dell on the AMCAS CYMS tool? Not sure if they just don't participate or if I am missing something lol. My other Texas acceptance and waitlist schools appear on there.

Question, even though we all got the waitlist email, do any of yall actually see Dell on the AMCAS CYMS tool? Not sure if they just don't participate or if I am missing something lol. My other Texas acceptance and waitlist schools appear on there.
Yeah same half of my schools show up and the other half dont

Also has anyone heard of any people that have gotten off the wl

In off the waitlist today!!! In-state. First A after 3 II and 3 waitlists. Dream come true - keep hope alive!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Anyone else on the WL have Dell pop up in their CYMS tool a few days ago? I don't think it was there before....

Called admissions they said they are most likely going to be done making offers by next week (?) and they’re finishing up making the last few ones right now

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users