2021-2022 NYU, Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else unable to access the NYU LI portal rn? I tried checking to see if there's an update or something but it just isn't loading the page.

Anyone else unable to access the NYU LI portal rn? I tried checking to see if there's an update or something but it just isn't loading the page.
Mine opens totally fine. Maybe yours is currently updating :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i wish i could attend these webinars but they're always right in the middle of the workday for the west coast

Does everyone get this invitation? I don't understand

I think so! One of the first lines said something like "thank you for submitting your secondary application to NYULISOM..." so I'm pretty positive everyone who applies gets the email

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also check your portal under Status --> Communication status to see the emails that they have sent out to you.

Is there any merit to apply to this school for those interested in practicing in a rural area?

II Received! OOS, LM 67, complete 07/31

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II just received! OOS, ORM, complete 7/14

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II just received!! OOS ORM, complete 06/27.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Was the option to add a photo to our portal always there? I was just checking my portals like usual and under the Status tab it allowed me to add a photo. No II or anything though

Also II! LM 74, IS, ORM, Re-applicant.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
For the Sunday meet and greets, how are you guys dressing?
At mine some wore what they'd wear during interview, others business casual. It's laid back and meant to be for your benefit, so no need to stress regardless of what you wear.

II just now!! Really surprised by the this one. LM70/WARS80+. Complete 7/12 and so excited :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
For those who already interviewed, how was the MMI in comparison to other schools?

This has been my favorite MMI so far. I actually enjoyed it and I’m more of a traditional interview kind of person. The raters and everyone on staff were very friendly.

Reactions: 1 users
This has been my favorite MMI so far. I actually enjoyed it and I’m more of a traditional interview kind of person. The raters and everyone on staff were very friendly.
Thanks for sharing. How long was each MMI station?

II today! All info in signature :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II. Lizzy 69.5
I think the portal page is broken cuz I can't login from my phone but I'll have to try on desktop.

Edit: jk I just disconnected from my work wifi and now I can schedule.

Last edited:
  • Love
II around 1:30 today! LM: 76, IS, ORM, complete 8/6. Does anyone know how easy it is to switch residencies once you're accepted? I was choosing between two tracks when applying and now that I've gotten a little more exposure to one I think I'd prefer to have applied with it instead.

II around 1:30 today! LM: 76, IS, ORM, complete 8/6. Does anyone know how easy it is to switch residencies once you're accepted? I was choosing between two tracks when applying and now that I've gotten a little more exposure to one I think I'd prefer to have applied with it instead.
The way it was explained to me by faculty and current students during interview day is that when you enter NYULISOM, you have a guaranteed residency position in whatever field you mark in your secondary. You are free to switch if you would like, BUT it will not be guaranteed since it will depend on whether or not there is an open spot in the other specialty you want to switch into.

Late to the party, but II received 10/6! LM 76, WARS 87, OOS, ORM. Was complete at this school 9/27 and applied thinking they would not give my application the time of day. I'm in shock.

Edit: Pediatrics was the specialty I applied to.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! I have an interview with this school on Friday. I missed the student meet and greet on Sunday due to a family emergency. Am I in trouble or is the meet and greet just supposed to help us find out more about the school? I emailed admissions about it but no reply so far.

Also what is the one hour group activity supposed to be about? I understand the MMI and traditional interview bit but the schedule mentions like a 1 hr group activity. For anyone who has interviewed, what was it like?

For those who have already interviewed, aren't they supposed to let us know if we "made the initial cut" soon?

For those who have already interviewed, aren't they supposed to let us know if we "made the initial cut" soon?
I remember admissions saying within 4-6 weeks of interview date, they would notify if you made the final pool of applicants!

I happened to check my portal last week, and I had a new tab that said “admissions decision” (no email notification). I was given a spot on the waitlist and asked to either accept or decline the position; not sure if that just means I made the initial cut or if its their actual waitlist because I didn’t think they were making any decisions at this time.

I happened to check my portal last week, and I had a new tab that said “admissions decision” (no email notification). I was given a spot on the waitlist and asked to either accept or decline the position; not sure if that just means I made the initial cut or if its their actual waitlist because I didn’t think they were making any decisions at this time.
When did you interview? And this was under a whole new tab (as in, not under communication status or something)? I don’t see anything on my portal

When did you interview? And this was under a whole new tab (as in, not under communication status or something)? I don’t see anything on my portal
Yes, an entirely separate tab under the “Interview” tab. I interviewed the very first day (9/10).

Yes, an entirely separate tab under the “Interview” tab. I interviewed the very first day (9/10).
wait, I thought that everyone would just find out in February? I haven't interviewed there yet (mine is late this week) but the whole "making the cut group" and this info about your waitlist is very surprising

wait, I thought that everyone would just find out in February? I haven't interviewed there yet (mine is late this week) but the whole "making the cut group" and this info about your waitlist is very surprising
You do ultimately find out if you have an acceptance in 2022, but admissions stated that within 4-6 weeks of interview, they would notify you if you’ve made the final pool of considered applicants for acceptance.

I just checked the applicant profile and I have the same notification. Does this mean we made the first cut? Should we "accept" the position on the waitlist?

interviewed 9/17 and don't see that tab on my portal

I got the “waitlist” decision as well. It really sounds like were on the official waitlist based on the wording but that is confusing because I thought they’d take a bit more time before they let us know if we’re moving forward.

Based off of that it sounds like there’s three paths? WL, Continued consideration, no more consideration? I don’t know lol