2023-2024 NYU - Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get a second email about a waitlist update on May 9? It said there has already been some modest movement and they expect more in the coming weeks.
nope šŸ˜”

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get a second email about a waitlist update on May 9? It said there has already been some modest movement and they expect more in the coming weeks.
i did not get one either. Awww that makes me so sad!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
same I have not received anything yet.... waiting for peds please

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall, I called yesterday and I was told that WL is definitely in full swing and they will keep on accepting students until class is full. WL movement will continue into June depending on when the class becomes full. Hope this helps!

Hey yall, I called yesterday and I was told that WL is definitely in full swing and they will keep on accepting students until class is full. WL movement will continue into June depending on when the class becomes full. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! Unfortunately I have to CTE by my other school by June 1, so I'm likely out of the running at this point. Basically about to sign my lease for a place hours away ... I wish everyone else the best of luck in their journey!! I'm just happy I got this far

That's kind of good to hear but also really hope they take me.... I have until July to CTE so a bit more time left

please I just want to be a pediatrician so bad lmaooo god

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
If you guys donā€™t mind sharing where you might be going if NYULI doesnā€™t work out? Or at least if you willl be going to another school in NY or if you will be going OOS? Iā€™m a NY native and I think I might be going OOS. Although, now Iā€™m terrified I made the wrong decisionā€¦

At this point, I would like some sort of response from NYULI, even if it is a rejection or anything. The amount of waiting is just killing me!!! Like NYULI, please just send us an email if they still expect some waitlist movement or not! Or tell us if any of the tracks are fully committed!

Didnā€™t they send out an email this week? I got one just sort of general that they will continue to pull from waitlist as spots become available and that they would definitely let us know by their CTE deadline. Their CTE is June 21 so we should know by then they said!

Didnā€™t they send out an email this week? I got one just sort of general that they will continue to pull from waitlist as spots become available and that they would definitely let us know by their CTE deadline. Their CTE is June 21 so we should know by then they said!
oh no I didnā€™t get this generic email :/

I also didn't get this email :cryi:
I dont know if it means anything that I didnt get this email. I wonder if they sent that email to WL applicants who might still be in the running. If that is the case, then the least they could have done was send a rejection to students who are no longer going to be considered. This process is soooo draining and ridiculously long.

• Care
For the people that got this email, are you guys on a high priority waitlist? Was there anything mentioned on your original waitlist offer email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Original waitlist email just said priority waitlist like everyone else I think? But this email said high priority waitlist. I donā€™t think theyā€™re different though? Like I said, it seemed like a very standard update email. And my track was surgery so I donā€™t think chances of WL movement are particularly high sadly :(

oh maybe itā€™s just for the surgery track? i was the IM track so maybe thatā€™s why I didnā€™t get it?

oh maybe itā€™s just for the surgery track? i was the IM track so maybe thatā€™s why I didnā€™t get it?
Me neither!

Anyway, I felt a little calmer throughout this process knowing I wasn't the only one lol.
So grateful to have an A elsewhere but will be going very far out of state since I didn't have another option. I'm hoping to return to NY one day

Best wishes to everyone wherever you end up!!

• Care
regardless of track, does anyone know if the class is full yet? ik itā€™s a long shot to get off the WL bc itā€™s such a small class but itā€™s my top school and i rly wanna go here - but also rly fortunate to have an A elsewhere!!

regardless of track, does anyone know if the class is full yet? ik itā€™s a long shot to get off the WL bc itā€™s such a small class but itā€™s my top school and i rly wanna go here - but also rly fortunate to have an A elsewhere!!
I wish i had an answer for you! but based on my very obsessive research about NYULI, they would send out emails at the end of may in the past if a certain track was fully commited (meaning that students in ob/gyn, for example, may have all selected commit to enroll, etc). it seems like they didnt send any communication like tht yet, so maybe the class is not full? Maybe the people in the current class havent selected "Commit to Enroll" yet?

Also, would anyone happen to know if there is an accepted students Group me or FB group? Maybe that would be a good way to gauge space in the class?

I wish i had an answer for you! but based on my very obsessive research about NYULI, they would send out emails at the end of may in the past if a certain track was fully commited (meaning that students in ob/gyn, for example, may have all selected commit to enroll, etc). it seems like they didnt send any communication like tht yet, so maybe the class is not full? Maybe the people in the current class havent selected "Commit to Enroll" yet?
oooh okay I didnā€™t realize that about the tracks so I guess everything is still possible rn

Also, would anyone happen to know if there is an accepted students Group me or FB group? Maybe that would be a good way to gauge space in the class?
You canā€™t join it unless youā€™re accepted. :(Maybe a current member will take mercy on you & DM you an update