2023-2024 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Wayne still sending interview invites for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Cancelled my interview and withdrew my app - best of luck to all still waiting to hear from Wayne <3

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Me and my SO just got the A! What a special moment, we love this school! We both interviewed early Jan.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
is there anyone from the early december interview group (like 12/1) that has heard anything? this is getting pretty crazy lol

OOS A!! LM 69, interviewed 1/8. My first acceptance 😭

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is there anyone from the early december interview group (like 12/1) that has heard anything? this is getting pretty crazy lol

I interviewed 11/6 and still have heard nothing, i called recently to double check how long the wait could be and see if i should be concerned. They said could be 4 weeks and i asked if it’s normal for it to take 12 or more and they said it’s possible…didn’t make me feel any better lol. The waiting is killing me!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone here know about the volunteer/service organizations at Wayne State medical school? What type of student services or clubs are at this school?
pretty much anything and everything!
there is an interest group for almost every specialty, the interest groups put on events related to their specialty and also can connect you with physician mentors from that specialty
there are several brick and mortar clinics that students volunteer at
there are also other volunteer orgs that are more mobile (e.g. Street Medicine) as well as others that provide a specific service maybe even outside of direct patient care
best part is you don't have to be "in" any of these clubs to participate in what they do
if i see a really fun event is being put on by the cardiology or EM interest group, i'm gonna sign up and go! even if i don't have any interest in those specialties
so all in all there's a lot going on!

upcoming interview, do they really ask about high school and act/sat?

upcoming interview, do they really ask about high school and act/sat?

How would they have this info? I don’t remember supplying this in the app. (I haven’t interviewed but just curious if this is a thing)

I interviewed 11/6 and still have heard nothing, i called recently to double check how long the wait could be and see if i should be concerned. They said could be 4 weeks and i asked if it’s normal for it to take 12 or more and they said it’s possible…didn’t make me feel any better lol. The waiting is killing me!
Mine was 4 weeks. Have you sent a letter of interest? Update letter?

How would they have this info? I don’t remember supplying this in the app. (I haven’t interviewed but just curious if this is a thing)
I looked at the SDN for interview Q&A and some people mentioned they asked... the questions have no post date so I could have been something they asked back in like 2002

Reactions: 1 user
Any helpful tips on how to prepare effectively for the interviews/MMI? My date is coming up soon and it will be my second interview of my first cycle.

Any helpful tips on how to prepare effectively for the interviews/MMI? My date is coming up soon and it will be my second interview of my first cycle.
look at the wayne state interview page on SDN. The questions people posted on there are pretty accurate

I looked at the SDN for interview Q&A and some people mentioned they asked... the questions have no post date so I could have been something they asked back in like 2002
my interview didn't ask anything even remotely close to pre-college activities

I sent an update last week, but its so crazy to send some answers out in 2 weeks and others months on months. We'll get through it 🥺

+1 A on Friday!!

Sorry if this is a repeat, is there an admitted students groupme?

Does wayne state release acceptances on Fridays only? I was looking and it seems they're mostly released fridays around 11?

Does wayne state release acceptances on Fridays only? I was looking and it seems they're mostly released fridays around 11?
I heard back on a Thursday at around 2 PM

wake up besties the tracker updated, according to last year there's around 200 admissions offers to still be given

Screenshot 2024-01-31 125203.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Are they giving anymore IIs? I know the tracker says 40 but that was since 1/17.

Reactions: 2 users
Are they giving anymore IIs? I know the tracker says 40 but that was since 1/17.
This is just a wild guess that I have and I’m not getting it from any source, but I’m guessing they’re leaving those interviews in case they feel the need to interview more and if not they might just stop at 1,330.

This is just a wild guess that I have and I’m not getting it from any source, but I’m guessing they’re leaving those interviews in case they feel the need to interview more and if not they might just stop at 1,330.
If you’re working for the admissions committee just say so bro

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Has it been every week or every 2 weeks that decisions have been coming out?

For everyone who interviewed, how did you send your thank you emails/letters? Did you just send them directly to the office of admissions email or personally to your student and faculty interviewer?

For everyone who interviewed, how did you send your thank you emails/letters? Did you just send them directly to the office of admissions email or personally to your student and faculty interviewer?
Directly to office of admissions but two email with the name of the interviewer in the subject

Can you send a letter of intent and would it help? I've been on the waitlist since the end of last year. Also how do I send a letter of intent?

Can you send a letter of intent and would it help? I've been on the waitlist since the end of last year. Also how do I send a letter of intent?
You should send either an interest letter or letter of intent. You should also send an update letter if you have info to update. Upload to the portal. That’s how I got off the waitlist. Good luck