2023-2024 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it not Dr. Maurer still?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten in contact with admissions through phone or email? Cuz they don’t answer at all but they met on the April 15 so I don’t know what’s taking them so long……

Has anyone gotten in contact with admissions through phone or email? Cuz they don’t answer at all but they met on the April 15 so I don’t know what’s taking them so long……

I think they prolly have their phones shut off cuz I went through a period of 5 or 6 days where I called once a day and they didn’t pick up

This WL process has been brutal, especially with lack of communication :/

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve been waiting since October, still didn’t hear back neither. Waiting optimistically

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people on the waitlist rejected after the class size fills up or can they be rejected before that happens?

I believe if a waitlisted student doesn’t get in after the beginning of classes, it means they’re rejected. Because usually they keep people on the waitlist in case an accepted student drops late

Does anyone know roughly how many people get pulled off the waitlist each year? Or is that information unknown

They never gave any info about that. Only said that it varies each year

I’ve been an alternate since October 17. sent intent letter, interest letter and update letters. Also had a doctor send new letter of recommendation. Been on campus tours. Now all what im doing is worrying

Congrats to those who got the A! Quick question:

When would we get rejected? Do they send formal emails into the summer or could they reject us even if they’re still accepting students off waitlist?

Interviewed 1/25! Sent letter of interest at end of March!
Did you do anything other than that? . sent intent letter, interest letter and update letters. sent new letter of recommendation. Been on campus tours. Still waiting

I find the lack of communication disconcerting, especially given that MSU has a reputation for accepting as late as the week of class start. Other schools have at least kept me updated on things such as second look and what not so that once I came off the list, I didnt need to scramble to get up to date. But c’est la vie

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Do they only make decisions on Tuesdays? Haven’t heard anything so far except on a Tuesday

Would it be looked down upon to email them and ask for an update on our waitlist status?

Reactions: 1 user
Would it be looked down upon to email them and ask for an update on our waitlist status?
I personally asked my managers at work and they said they don’t see any reason why it will hurt so they advised me to email them. But they didn’t reply to my email tho

Reactions: 1 users