2023-2024 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a real chance of getting off the alt list here?
I was put on the alt list in October and got off of it in late November! I’m very happy and this is most likely where I’ll be attending 😊. So there is a chance!

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an "Application Review Notification" email from Cincy like 10 minutes ago - thought this was the mass R wave putzing into my inbox, but it says that they're still looking at my app and are open to updates. Anyone know what this means? 🙏

Reactions: 4 users
Just received an "Application Review Notification" email from Cincy like 10 minutes ago - thought this was the mass R wave putzing into my inbox, but it says that they're still looking at my app and are open to updates. Anyone know what this means? 🙏
I got this too. I thought I was done for.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1, assuming it means if u have any updates u should tell them, idk if this is a real continued consideration or soft R tho

+1.... i feel like we wouldve just gotten hit in the pre-II R wave from earlier??? this email is interesting. says they interview until march? treating it like a hold

Reactions: 4 users
Have they sent pre-II R to anyone? Confused by the "continued reviewed" status if everyone else got it too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing from a March interview today. Not sure if this opens up another II, given this time in the cycle, but I wish everyone the best!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing from a March interview today. Not sure if this opens up another II, given this time in the cycle, but I wish everyone the best!
Hi! Would you happen to know how far out in March interviews are being scheduled? Just trying to gauge how many potential IIs are left for people under continued review. Thank you :)

Hi! Would you happen to know how far out in March interviews are being scheduled? Just trying to gauge how many potential IIs are left for people under continued review. Thank you :)
I received an II last week and my date is in the first week of March.

How long do the interviews last here and are there multiple interviewers? Mine is at 10:50 am and I am trying to gauge how much time it'll take.

Dunno if I got this cuz of you, but OOS II obtained! Submitted the first week of August.

Reactions: 1 users
mine ended around 4pm but it was in-person so not sure how the lunch hour works virtually

Has anyone received any merit scholarships yet? What's the timeline on these?

will there be more acceptances tomorrow?

-sincerely an anxious WL applicant
Alt listed too. I thought the list doesn't really start moving until May when people start giving up their acceptances?

Alt listed too. I thought the list doesn't really start moving until May when people start giving up their acceptances?

Was thinking the same thing, though I think a couple people on here reported getting off. I’m expecting a little movement now and a lot in May fingers crossed.

Anyone have any idea what the turn-around time is from interview to being notified of an A or R? For some reason I'm thinking its 6 weeks but idk

Anyone have any idea what the turn-around time is from interview to being notified of an A or R? For some reason I'm thinking its 6 weeks but idk
6-8 weeks is what they told me at my interview last Friday

it took almost exactly a month (interviewed mid nov, heard back mid dec). I don't know if that's typical though because they also told us 6-8 weeks on my interview day

IS A off the Alt list!!! I was placed on the alt list on 11/16, sent a letter of intent on 1/31, and accepted today!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats y’all!! Does anyone know if cincy rejects post interview waitlist students each month or all at the end?

Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Cincinnati!

Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):

- Does Cincinnati have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Cincinnati?

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)

It's kind of annoying how this year they decided not to announce alt list tiers. Now we're just left in the dark, not knowing where we stand.

Withdrew my interview invite that was scheduled for early March. Secondary submitted early, II came about a month ago, no update letter or anything sent. Good luck everyone