2023-2024 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an A today! I have lots of questions about Cincy. Can i reach out to anyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an A today! I have lots of questions about Cincy. Can i reach out to anyone.
Congrats pls if u don’t mind what’s ur stats? And are you IS or OOS? You can also dm me if you prefer! Congrats again 😁

Does the alt list mean you won’t hear back until may-july or can we still get an A or R throughout march and april?

Does the alt list mean you won’t hear back until may-july or can we still get an A or R throughout march and april?
Admissions said we can still get an A as the committee continues to meet and then after April 30 the alt list turns into a waitlist where applicants will be pulled to “balance the class”

Reactions: 1 user
Im IS, my stats aren't great so its def still possible for anyone. Keep the faith. Lizzyscore: 61.
Oh wow that’s encouraging and I’m glad you got an A! Congrats! And thank you!

Last edited:
Im honestly so confused with the point of the alt list. Like they said id get a response in 6-8 weeks and then 3 weeks later got alt listed, which means i can still get accepted or not accepted. So why not wait the 6-8 weeks

It's been asked in here before so i'll assume the answer is no, but does anybody have insight into their Alt list procedures beyond it turning into a waitlist after April 30th? Seems like a total blackbox, more so this year than years prior since they stopped tiering it. I haven't seen anybody report a Post-Interview R, so have to assume its going to be a 300-something person alt-list?

Pretty bummed if that is the case, had a really great interview here and sent in some significant updates to follow up. Was sure I would be getting the A call, but was part of the Alt-list wave from last Thursday.

Members don't see this ad :)
On that AMCAS list it says cinci waitlists between 60-150 people so i sure hope theres not 300 person on the alt list

Now that I think about it I don't think I ever saw anyone comment that they received a post interview R. Is it a fact that some people actually get rejected or did everyone get alt listed after interviewing?

Now that I think about it I don't think I ever saw anyone comment that they received a post interview R. Is it a fact that some people actually get rejected or did everyone get alt listed after interviewing?
Haven’t heard any rejections from those I know that applied. Interested to hear though.

I agree, I feel like I didn’t really see any post ii rejections! I kinda looked at last years but didn’t really see any post ii R’s either so idk. Also I feel like this year is different without the tier system, so I don’t know if we can compare to last years.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree, I feel like I didn’t really see any post ii rejections! I kinda looked at last years but didn’t really see any post ii R’s either so idk. Also I feel like this year is different without the tier system, so I don’t know if we can compare to last years.

Yuh

Anyone else think the match list this year was kinda mid? I'm curious why there's not as many people matching outside of Ohio as there are for the other Ohio schools

got the “still in consideration” email last month, sent update a week later, and R this morning officially

The alt list waiting is brutal. I need to know if its time to prepare for a gap year 🥲

Anyone else think the match list this year was kinda mid? I'm curious why there's not as many people matching outside of Ohio as there are for the other Ohio schools
I had this concern when I came here.

On one hand, you're correct in the sense that the OSU and Case names clearly goes a little further. I don't think you can look compare the matchlists and deny that. As a mid-tier school, you can view the Cincy name recognition as glass half empty or half full. On one hand, you can't be a terrible applicant and still get into a top name program like if you graduated from a top 10 medical school. On the other hand, we have a lot more opportunity to match at fancy institutions than people from Wright State, Toledo, NEOMED, and certainly DO schools.

The secret that I learned is a lot of people who match here actually like Cincinnati. There are plenty of people who have lived here their whole lives and have family here. Not everyone wants to leave as soon as they can, and a lot of the people thought they would (myself) are now totally happy with the idea of staying in Cincy. I barely know anyone who would be genuinely upset if they matched here. Not everybody needs to go the most prestigious institution for residency possible; there are very few career scenarios where it matters at all. At least two of the M4's I know had spouses in Dayton and specifically wanted to match at Wright State or Kettering despite having interviews at bigger name places. Not to mention 10 of the Ohio matches are at Cincy Children's.

can anyone speak about receiving scholarships? when do we find out? how many people usually get merit based ones?

Reactions: 4 users
IS A!!! Still so shocked lol

Is there an accepted students FB group or groupme?

Yes there's a GroupMe! They should have emailed it to you, but if you all need it pm me!

Any recent AL movement? Hoping it picks up after the 15th, haven't heard much about it in awhile

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully, good news is coming soon for all of us :giggle:!!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone on the alt list not receive an email?

Is anyone else's FAFSA processed but still marked not received on the financial aid website?

Will they start waitlist movement after people drop their seat on April 15th, or will we have to wait until May? I'm starting to get anxious!

Reactions: 3 users