2023-2024 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A super random question but does anyone know if Pitt has a Med Prom? šŸ˜‚ I have seen it at other places and wasnā€™t sure

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do people anticipate wl movement anytime after the 15th or do we think it wonā€™t be till may1

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist movement soon letā€™s pray šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™

Reactions: 6 users
Admissions portal is undergoing maintenance from 6-7 pm tonight šŸ«£ i doubt it means anything tho

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlist movement soon letā€™s pray šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™
Heard through the grapevine the adcoms started their discussions on WL offers this week so thatā€™s great news

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any M1 students or people who were at second look give a little more insight into exactly what the curriculum looks like in practice?
- what does a typical week look like? Is all curriculum delivered in-person?
-are all lectures required? What is the policy if you have a wedding (or something similar) to attend?
- how often are exams and are they strictly NBME or also in-house? Iā€™ve heard they are on Fridays but not whether itā€™s every week!
- are clinical rotations fully ranked? Or could everyone get an ā€œhonorsā€ score hypothetically?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
any WL movement yet?
last year it didnā€™t start until the beginning of may, even if the committee is meeting it doesnā€™t necessarily mean weā€™re going to find out now, although it would be nice to know sooner than later

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know how people are in the accepted students groupme that are incoming m1s?

One of my other schools extended their PTE deadline to end of May bc of the FAFSA fiasco, and another sent an email stating that they were willing to be flexible on the deadline since they know a lot of schools are still rolling out aid packages.

Curious to hear from accepted students whether Pitt has issued any similar statements or extensions since that would likely affect WL movement. As a waitlister I am realllly hoping they are still operating according to schedule haha šŸ¤žšŸ»

Reactions: 2 users
One of my other schools extended their PTE deadline to end of May bc of the FAFSA fiasco, and another sent an email stating that they were willing to be flexible on the deadline since they know a lot of schools are still rolling out aid packages.

Curious to hear from accepted students whether Pitt has issued any similar statements or extensions since that would likely affect WL movement. As a waitlister I am realllly hoping they are still operating according to schedule haha šŸ¤žšŸ»

Nothing from Pitt except emails from Financial aid telling me to fix dumb issues FAFSA is having.

Reactions: 1 users
And hopefully more people withdraw lol
Very few people have left recently meanwhile people are dropping like flies from my PTE school. (Wondering if it is because of the protests)

Very few people have left recently meanwhile people are dropping like flies from my PTE school. (Wondering if it is because of the protests)

Unfortunate šŸ„²

Oh that could potentially be itā€”if they are unhappy with the way the school is handling things or something along those lines.

Accepted off WL AHHHHH didnā€™t get an email or anything just checked portal. unless they give me aid will likely be turning it down tho ā¤ļø

Reactions: 4 users
mine didn't change? does that mean rejected? :(
It means still waitlisted. We can hope for another round of acceptances at any point between now and July, but there is no guarantee and no way to know.