University of Arizona c/o 2024?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got a rejection after bothering anything since October. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I just got an IS interview. Good luck to everyone and sorry to those who got rejected. 😭❤ Been under review since 11/17!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an IS interview. Good luck to everyone and sorry to those who got rejected. 😭❤ Been under review since 11/17!
That’s amazing!! Good luck and congratulations!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you get an email?
Well the email actually went to my spam for some reason but yes I actually received it 1/22 but just saw it today. Basically just saying another round of decisions were made and nothing was made further on my application yet.

Well the email actually went to my spam for some reason but yes I actually received it 1/22 but just saw it today. Basically just saying another round of decisions were made and nothing was made further on my application yet.
Does that mean you already interviewed for the MMI?

I still haven’t heard anything since being under review on 11/4.

Does anyone else’s life revolve around checking your email/checking for a red notification bell on SDN even though you know you won’t be hearing back for weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone else’s life revolve around checking your email/checking for a red notification bell on SDN even though you know you won’t be hearing back for weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️
yep that is what my life has come to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fucked Up GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I am so nervous for this interview, I don't even want to think about it lol. I know it's super relaxed but this is my number one school and I am so scared that I will not be prepared and that I WILL BOMB IT!! ugh I just can't lol

I am so nervous for this interview, I don't even want to think about it lol. I know it's super relaxed but this is my number one school and I am so scared that I will not be prepared and that I WILL BOMB IT!! ugh I just can't lol
Good luck!!! I know it’s easier said than done but just be genuine and be yourself. I think that’s more important than answering a question in the way you think is “right”. Sending you lots of positive vibes!!!

• Care
Good luck!!! I know it’s easier said than done but just be genuine and be yourself. I think that’s more important than answering a question in the way you think is “right”. Sending you lots of positive vibes!!!
Thank you!! 😭 this website is nice to let out some nervous jitters because you guys get where I am coming from and it's nice to meet some amazing people here. My family doesn't understand the whole process (understandably) so they don't know what's really going on.

I know how you feel. UofA has been my top school since before they even opened the college. Growing up in Tucson we always hoped they would someday open a vet school but it just never seemed to happen! Then one day, boom! I am hoping I did better on my interview this year, last year I bombed the first question and it just made me anxious for the 5 after it lol. Just think happy thoughts!

Last edited:
Thank you!! 😭 this website is nice to let out some nervous jitters because you guys get where I am coming from and it's nice to meet some amazing people here. My family doesn't understand the whole process (understandably) so they don't know what's really going on.
Even though I’m no longer in the running for U of A, I’m still here to cheer you guys on! Especially with the will ferrell gifs :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yep. Yepyepyepyepyep.
You can do it!! I’ve been so crazy nervous and I think everyone is for a vet school interview. I try to channel that nervousness into excitement for the school and just allow myself to be myself. I don’t know if they liked me or not, but it helps me a lot with the interview. I don’t think they mind at all if you’re nervous, they just want to have a conversation with you and get to know you.

Yep. Yepyepyepyepyep.

You can do it!! I’ve been so crazy nervous and I think everyone is for a vet school interview. I try to channel that nervousness into excitement for the school and just allow myself to be myself. I don’t know if they liked me or not, but it helps me a lot with the interview. I don’t think they mind at all if you’re nervous, they just want to have a conversation with you and get to know you.
We all gotta be doing superhero poses for the next couple of months 🙏

How long did it take for anyone IS to receive an update on their application after they interviewed? Was it 2 weeks after or later?

How long did it take for anyone IS to receive an update on their application after they interviewed? Was it 2 weeks after or later?
I’m OOS, but I got my acceptance about a month after my interview!

Hello All! I have my interview coming up for Arizona a week from today! Ive been preparing, but I'm not necessarily sure if my preparation helpful at the moment.

Question to those who have been interviewed: How were the questions like? What should I be prepared for? And if you did do well, what advice do you have to give to us who haven't interviewed yet? All responses are greatly appreciated.

Hello All! I have my interview coming up for Arizona a week from today! Ive been preparing, but I'm not necessarily sure if my preparation helpful at the moment.

Question to those who have been interviewed: How were the questions like? What should I be prepared for? And if you did do well, what advice do you have to give to us who haven't interviewed yet? All responses are greatly appreciated.
My biggest piece of advice is to draw all of your responses from personal experiences, and be very transparent about what you learned/ insight you gained/ emotions you felt. Really lay it all out there and don’t hold back or sugar coat any responses. They really want to get to know you, and what makes you unique!! Don’t ~try~ to be perfect. Truly be yourself.

Has anyone that is waitlisted emailed admissions at all about personal “ranking” (although I’m not sure they rank applicants). Or about spots still remaining. I want to email them but I don’t want that to come off looking bad on my part somehow any suggestions?

Has anyone that is waitlisted emailed admissions at all about personal “ranking” (although I’m not sure they rank applicants). Or about spots still remaining. I want to email them but I don’t want that to come off looking bad on my part somehow any suggestions?
I could have sworn they said that you won’t get an official “waitlist” status or rank until they send out rejections in ~April. That’s what they did last year anyways. And the only people who knew their exact stop were in spots 1-10. Everyone else was given a range. I’m sure they won’t mind answering how many spots are left for IS/OOS , and how many interviews are left, but I don’t think I’d be bugging them about waitlist spots just yet though as it’s still early in the game 😁

I could have sworn they said that you won’t get an official “waitlist” status or rank until they send out rejections in ~April. That’s what they did last year anyways. And the only people who knew their exact stop were in spots 1-10. Everyone else was given a range. I’m sure they won’t mind answering how many spots are left for IS/OOS , and how many interviews are left, but I don’t think I’d be bugging them about waitlist spots just yet though as it’s still early in the game 😁
Okay great, thank you!!

For anyone who's already interviewed what was the remaining part of the time block off filled with? Is it more information about the school? I have a ton of questions about the program and would love to get the chance to talk to current students and staff but I'm not sure I'll get that opportunity since it will be an online format of the MMI versus in person. I'm super intrigued by the program but feel like I have a million and one questions that I'd like to ask!

For anyone who's already interviewed what was the remaining part of the time block off filled with? Is it more information about the school? I have a ton of questions about the program and would love to get the chance to talk to current students and staff but I'm not sure I'll get that opportunity since it will be an online format of the MMI versus in person. I'm super intrigued by the program but feel like I have a million and one questions that I'd like to ask!
Hi there! The rest of the time after the interview (or before for some people) is presentations and a q&a about the school. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to ask questions! They do a nice job of presenting info about the school. I found it super helpful to hear answers to other people’s questions too!

Hi! Just wanted to update all of you still waiting to hear that I am planning on declining my OOS seat. I really hope that allows one of you guys to hear back soon! I will be accepting my IS seat at Michigan State 😊

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hi! Just wanted to update all of you still waiting to hear that I am planning on declining my OOS seat. I really hope that allows one of you guys to hear back soon! I will be accepting my IS seat at Michigan State 😊
So awesome, congratulations!!

I am so so so happy for you! That is a big win!!

Hi everyone,
So today I had my MMI interview. As far as what I remember from the presentation, they have already given out all interviews for this years cycle.
For those waiting nervously for your interviews, do not sweat it. I promise. The interview process was great and they make you feel so comfortable during the interview. Personally felt like I did amazing! Don't forget to thank your interviewee for there time and making the processes easy for you. Good luck!

Hi everyone,
So today I had my MMI interview. As far as what I remember from the presentation, they have already given out all interviews for this years cycle.
For those waiting nervously for your interviews, do not sweat it. I promise. The interview process was great and they make you feel so comfortable during the interview. Personally felt like I did amazing! Don't forget to thank your interviewee for there time and making the processes easy for you. Good luck!
how did you prepare for tour interview?

Hi everyone,
Did you attend the optional Zoom session the day prior? I unfortunately have to work during the time but was wondering if I should try to find a way to attend!

how did you prepare for tour interview?
To be honest, I really didn't 'study' for the interview. I just made sure I was calm and relaxed and had all my thoughts in order. I watched some youtube videos of other peoples experiences which helped ease some of the anxiety I was dealing with. Just be clear and concise and do your best not to ramble and go in circles with your points/arguments, its useless. The questions were not tough at all and were very self explanatory. Of the practice MMI questions I saw online, the ones I were asked were much easier to answer. I think they just want to see that you're more than just a studious individual. I believe they want students who can contribute to program in all aspects. In other words, just be yourself!

Did you attend the optional Zoom session the day prior? I unfortunately have to work during the time but was wondering if I should try to find a way to attend!
I was unable to take off work that day, so unfortunately I wasn't able to make it.

Hi! Does anyone know if there's any sort of group for accepted students yet? I got an OOS acceptance in December and just accepted the offer (I'd love to be able to ask questions with other people trying to figuring all the next steps out, too) Also for anyone having interviews still, it really was the most comfortable I have felt! I felt like I really got to show them who I was and what was important to me, so my best advice is just to know yourself and know personal experiences you can draw on! I did a mock interview at my school and she showed me the STAR method which was really helpful, too.

Has anyone heard back about their decision that interviewed in mid/late January?

Hey people who interviewed 1/29, was there supposed to be an email about updates on our applications today? I wrote that down but now I’m thinking I hallucinated it 😅

Good luck to anyone interviewing tomorrow! Super nervous but hoping it goes well

Hey people who interviewed 1/29, was there supposed to be an email about updates on our applications today? I wrote that down but now I’m thinking I hallucinated it 😅
At the interview today they said the committee will be meeting Monday so I’d assume y’all might be in that round of reviews!?