University of Arizona c/o 2024?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted. Not the worst news, but I was also hopeful for an acceptance. Oh well! I have an acceptance elsewhere so I will probably put my deposit down there and if I end up getting off the waitlist for U of A, I'll have to really weigh my options. Congrats to those who got in! Good luck to all!!
In a dramatic turn of events, I was just accepted!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

For those who have been admitted, is there a Facebook group where admitted students can socialize and get to know their classmates for the upcoming year?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,

For those who have been admitted, is there a Facebook group where admitted students can socialize and get to know their classmates for the upcoming year?
There’s a groupme! The link to join should be visible on the Google Classroom page for admitted students. Idk if you would’ve gotten an email/invite about it yet but most of the stuff you’ll need is on there.

It’d be nice if they’d release ranks so I know whether or not to start signing up for spring classes to retake. Like if I’m number 3 I don’t want to spend that money yet....but if I’m number 45 then I need to sign up for like 3 classes to start knocking them out 💔😂. UofA, if you’re listening...help a girl out !

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else been pulled off the OOS waitlist? I’m feeling pretty hopeless even though we haven’t even reached the deadline ☹️ I wish we could know where we were on the list, sucks not knowing if you’re first or last...

Has anyone else been pulled off the OOS waitlist? I’m feeling pretty hopeless even though we haven’t even reached the deadline ☹️ I wish we could know where we were on the list, sucks not knowing if you’re first or last...
I'm right there with you - but I'm IS. Pretty terrible feeling to be on edge everyday wondering about an email or phone call. 😭

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was OOS waitlisted on 3/26 and accepted on 3/30! Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone! I just emailed admissions about the waitlist - it looks like they do not have an IS/OOS waitlist. It's just a big pool of people, and they don't accept people on any specific days, they pull people off the waitlist as soon as someone declines their seat.

Hi everyone! I just emailed admissions about the waitlist - it looks like they do not have an IS/OOS waitlist. It's just a big pool of people, and they don't accept people on any specific days, they pull people off the waitlist as soon as someone declines their seat.
What on earth!? So it's a mixed waitlist?... Idk if that's good or bad lol! I still wish they'd give a darn rank!

I know right haha!! Impatiently waiting 👀💀
I have an unhealthy addiction to checking my email right now...spam calls from Tucson don't help either! I answer all of them in hope of it being the admissions team!

Did they happen to tell you how many people are on the waitlist?

Hello UA Admissions office here. Just to clear everything up. We do not have separate waitlists for in-state or out-of-state. The waitlist is internally ranked. We do not share where you are on the waitlist. As someone mentioned earlier, we do not have a specific day when we offer admissions. If someone declines, we go to the waitlist and offer admission. We do not know when someone will decline. Right now all seats are taken but we more than likely will have declines next week before 4/15.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello UA Admissions office here. Just to clear everything up. We do not have separate waitlists for in-state or out-of-state. The waitlist is internally ranked. We do not share where you are on the waitlist. As someone mentioned earlier, we do not have a specific day when we offer admissions. If someone declines, we go to the waitlist and offer admission. We do not know when someone will decline. Right now all seats are taken but we more than likely will have declines next week before 4/15.
Thank you so much for the clarification! :)

Anyone seeing movement on the waitlist today?
I had a friend who was IS got a call from them yesterday. It was bitter sweet because I’m so happy for her but also bummed it hasn’t happened for me😪💕

• Care
I had a friend who was IS got a call from them yesterday. It was bitter sweet because I’m so happy for her but also bummed it hasn’t happened for me😪💕
It will be okay! Keep your head up. Like UofA admissions said, there may be a lot of people who end up declining their seat. And if not, we just need to apply again. :)

• Care
It will be okay! Keep your head up. Like UofA admissions said, there may be a lot of people who end up declining their seat. And if not, we just need to apply again. :)
Thank you! I needed some positivity from someone who gets it !😊

• Care
Thank you! I needed some positivity from someone who gets it !😊
Yes! My anxiety is still at an all-time high, but still living my life to the fullest! Because I know I'll get in eventually, even if it's not this year! :)

Yes! My anxiety is still at an all-time high, but still living my life to the fullest! Because I know I'll get in eventually, even if it's not this year! :)
Me too, I had my ringer on yesterday in the middle of a spay I was monitoring and I screamed for someone to look and see if it was from Tucson 🤣. It just sucks being waitlisted 2 years in a row and now it seems like I might be even farther back in the waitlist 💔

• Care
Me too, I had my ringer on yesterday in the middle of a spay I was monitoring and I screamed for someone to look and see if it was from Tucson 🤣. It just sucks being waitlisted 2 years in a row and now it seems like I might be even farther back in the waitlist 💔
You are meant to be a vet, and will be one day! I know it hurts, but we can only improve our application moving forward if we don't get in this year ❤

• Care
You are meant to be a vet, and will be one day! I know it hurts, but we can only improve our application moving forward if we don't get in this year ❤
We’ve got this!! Even if we have to reapply, we can do this ❤️. I can tell by how kind and supportive you are that you will be an amazing veterinarian, not everyone who goes into this field has that quality!

• Care
We’ve got this!! Even if we have to reapply, we can do this ❤️. I can tell by how kind and supportive you are that you will be an amazing veterinarian, not everyone who goes into this field has that quality!
That means so much to me! Thank you! ❤❤❤

For those on the waitlist, do you have other schools you will commit to this for this fall? It's scary to think I'd be abroad then hear from Arizona since they don't close out your application till the first day of classes. Also, reading these forums have been so helpful through this whole stressful process. It's wild to see how many qualified applicants there are. I appreciate all the positivity here!!

For those on the waitlist, do you have other schools you will commit to this for this fall? It's scary to think I'd be abroad then hear from Arizona since they don't close out your application till the first day of classes. Also, reading these forums have been so helpful through this whole stressful process. It's wild to see how many qualified applicants there are. I appreciate all the positivity here!!
I’m putting my deposit down elsewhere and if Arizona calls I’ll just forfeit the money. Although your app won’t close until the first day of classes they are only pulling people off the waitlist until the end of June!

For waitlist people, no news is good news. I just got an email saying that I was removed from the waitlist because I was no longer in the running for a spot in the class of 2024. Good luck to everyone and I hope all of you still on the waitlist get a spot!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
For waitlist people, no news is good news. I just got an email saying that I was removed from the waitlist because I was no longer in the running for a spot in the class of 2024. Good luck to everyone and I hope all of you still on the waitlist get a spot!
thanks for the update, sorry to hear you got pulled off. best of luck to you!!

Debating on just locking my phone away for the rest of the day😅😅 i can’t stop checking it every few minuets hoping for some kind of update

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Debating on just locking my phone away for the rest of the day😅😅 i can’t stop checking it every few minuets hoping for some kind of update
Yes!! And EVERYONE at my work keeps asking me everyday if the waitlist is moving. I love that they're so concerned but my anxiety is just through the roof at this point 😭😂

Yes!! And EVERYONE at my work keeps asking me everyday if the waitlist is moving. I love that they're so concerned but my anxiety is just through the roof at this point 😭😂
For real! Like I know these things take time but I also cannot wait another minute or I might explode