PCOM - Georgia Campus 2009 -2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like this thread .is starting to wind down...lets keep er going...at least those of us awaiting a final decision

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps many have yet to decide b/n acceptances?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Fruit is very, very good...

Last edited:
Yeah, im still waiting on my binder because of some lost paperwork back in october that i was just told about after several calls to admissions. I sorted it out immediaty but no nucleus for me till it gets here.
hopefully admission is only dropping the ball so much because of the system switch and this isnt an indicator of how the school is run.

So... my app has been in since August, and I haven't heard anything still, and anytime I call I get a somewhat angry reply saying that they can't tell me anything. Any ideas??

Pooh, I would try to give Trena another call/email. Try later in the week as interviews are held on Mondays and Tuesdays. Good luck!

Alright, the wild wind is in! I'm waiting on my binder as well. How long did you guys have to wait after initial deposit?

Congrats, join the ranks on facebook.
They just started seding binders out this month, student affairs told me they send a bunch out every couple wees, so once everything is squared away you could expect to see it in a few weeks .

Your secondary has been in since aug and nothing? I would think your missing something or there is a big red flag in your app. If its the former i would call both admissions offices until someone tells you what is missing, if its the latter, figure out what it is and address it before the next app cycle. Any luck with other schools? What are your stats?

I'll call again and see what's up. I know there was initially a problem with AACOMAS not updating my MCAT, but I thought I had that straightened out (back in September).

I was accepted to LECOM-Bradenton back in November, and I've already sent in my deposit and I love it there, but I was just a little aggravated that it's been this long with no word. I at least would like to be given the chance to interview and tour the campus and whatnot.

I have a 4.0 GPA and a 26 MCAT. I know the MCAT isn't the greatest but really? My GPA is the bomb. lol. I'll call again Monday and ask them to look over my app to see if anything is missing.

I'll call again and see what's up. I know there was initially a problem with AACOMAS not updating my MCAT, but I thought I had that straightened out (back in September).

I was accepted to LECOM-Bradenton back in November, and I've already sent in my deposit and I love it there, but I was just a little aggravated that it's been this long with no word. I at least would like to be given the chance to interview and tour the campus and whatnot.

I have a 4.0 GPA and a 26 MCAT. I know the MCAT isn't the greatest but really? My GPA is the bomb. lol. I'll call again Monday and ask them to look over my app to see if anything is missing.

congrats on your acceptance, be happy you have one. I am still waiting lol. Anyway, I would call Trena G. not Trina B. and try later on like Wed. as they are busy with interviews mon/tues.

Congrats, join the ranks on facebook.
They just started seding binders out this month, student affairs told me they send a bunch out every couple wees, so once everything is squared away you could expect to see it in a few weeks .

Thank you, I already joined the facebook. I'll just wait until the binders arrive.

congrats on your acceptance, be happy you have one. I am still waiting lol. Anyway, I would call Trena G. not Trina B. and try later on like Wed. as they are busy with interviews mon/tues.

How do I call Trena G instead? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I only submitted my secondaries early Jan and have heard nothing back... how long did it take for most of you to hear anything? Is the class full/nearly full yet?

I only submitted my secondaries early Jan and have heard nothing back... how long did it take for most of you to hear anything? Is the class full/nearly full yet?

I still haven't heard and I submitted my secondary in August. :(

Again, you guys need to be proactive. As far as I am concerned, persistence is one of the keys to success. What would happen if we all gave up? Call GA-PCOM admissions and see where you stand. By the way, it took about 3-4 weeks before I heard back. Not sure how full the class is yet.

As far as I can tell, the class is about half full. On the group page in Nucleus it lists 36 people, but I know several people have been accepted since they've updated.

Apparently I'm being hated on (interview wise) because I'm from the north. How nice. How can they not understand that I'm tired of constant snow?

Apparently I'm being hated on (interview wise) because I'm from the north. How nice. How can they not understand that I'm tired of constant snow?

Where are you getting that from?
I doubt this is the case as I am from Maine...about as north as you get...and if anything I thought it helped because my interviewer was also from New England and it gave us a nice talking point.

I think they mostly recruit from the georgia and surrounding states, but just because you're from north should not make you automatic rejections. The students that I met told me that they have class mates from california and michigan etc. So there are students come from north and west, but it seems like majority comes from the south. poohbear88, I don't know why they are not giving you interview invitation if you are strong candidate. But just because you're from north does not mean you're hated there. Don't lose your hope. Keep trying to find out what's going on from the admission office. Trena is usually very responsive. Good luck.

I think they mostly recruit from the georgia and surrounding states, but just because you're from north should not make you automatic rejections. The students that I met told me that they have class mates from california and michigan etc. So there are students come from north and west, but it seems like majority comes from the south. poohbear88, I don't know why they are not giving you interview invitation if you are strong candidate. But just because you're from north does not mean you're hated there. Don't lose your hope. Keep trying to find out what's going on from the admission office. Trena is usually very responsive. Good luck.

It was Trena who I talked to and her response was that their average MCAT is an 8 in each section (though I got a 26), most of their students come from the southeast and she's not the one who makes the interview decisions, sorry. :thumbdown:

And I haven't been an automatic rejection - I feel like my application is in purgatory. lol

Last edited:
It was Trena who I talked to and her response was that their average MCAT is an 8 in each section (though I got a 26), most of their students come from the southeast and she's not the one who makes the interview decisions, sorry. :thumbdown:

And I haven't been an automatic rejection - I feel like my application is in purgatory. lol

not getting an interview bc you didn't get an 8 in each section isn't correct. I had a 23 and got interviewed. Waitlisted.....but interviewed :)

I got an interview invite yesterday.

I feel like my application is in purgatory

I feel you on this one. I interview in Jan and waited until mid Feb only to find out they have decided not to make a decision on my application right now. Talk about purgatory. It's not an acceptance, and it's not a rejection. It's not even a waitlist. It's more of a we're gonna wait and see if someone better comes along. Stinks because I applied last year, interviewed, and didn't get it. One of the things they told me to do was apply earlier. I did and now it seems to be back in purgatory again.:xf:

Creating accusations or feelings based upon anothers file is senseless. I am also on hold and what we must do is cont. to be positive. There have been many ups and downs, but it isn't over until the admssions committee sings. Pooh bear, def. be happy you have an acceptance to a great school. If you are really wanting to attend GA PCOM then look at your file and see what you can better. Do you fit the schools mission? There are many, many things to review before concluding they hate you. So, please dont be down. In the end you will be a physician.

pimpdaddy - Just FYI, the deferred decision is PCOM's version of 'waitlist' for now. Maybe we'll learn some more in April because there's a chance that a lot of folks will withdraw their acceptance after the 15th.

VCU - Have you decided to retake the MCAT? I'm looking at a July date as my scores are going to expire for the next app cycle. Sucks!

Buck, I am waiting to see what happens in the next cpl of months before making a final decision.

Interviewed. Waitlisted. Retook MCAT. Scores tomorrow!!!! Really want to be here this fall...

Interviewed. Waitlisted. Retook MCAT. Scores tomorrow!!!! Really want to be here this fall...

Good luck to you and those students on the waitlist. I hope you all succeed!:luck::xf:

Has anyone that had been waitlisted due to their MCAT score received admittance after a retake?

I had an interview back in Dec. and was waitlisted bc of the score. I retook and increased from a 23 to a 27.

Went from 9P, 8V, 6B to 10P, 9V, 8B

What do you think my chances are? Has anyone heard anything about this situation?

Has anyone that had been waitlisted due to their MCAT score received admittance after a retake?

I had an interview back in Dec. and was waitlisted bc of the score. I retook and increased from a 23 to a 27.

Went from 9P, 8V, 6B to 10P, 9V, 8B

What do you think my chances are? Has anyone heard anything about this situation?

Good job! That's a nice improvement in your score. I think you've significantly improved your chances. Did you contact Trena G about your new score?

Good luck!

Good job! That's a nice improvement in your score. I think you've significantly improved your chances. Did you contact Trena G about your new score?

Good luck!

I did e-mail her ASAP yesterday and got an e-mail saying "Congrats." Guessing another few weeks of the waiting game...

i can't wait till april to hopefully start seeing the waitlist move hopefully..........

Agreed but some people will write off 2k if they get into their first choice school

Yeah this application process definitely is expensive including all these primary and secondary application fees, interviews, initial deposits etc. :p

Are some of you actually waitlisted or are you "on hold"? I am "on hold" and after reading a few posts, and remembering that Trena told my interview group in Feb. that they hadn't started waitlisting yet, I am wondering if I am only waitlisted by another name. I have been through this "on hold" crap with an MD program before and it is hell, esp when at the end of it you get officially waitlisted! Had to vent a little there!

Are some of you actually waitlisted or are you "on hold"? I am "on hold" and after reading a few posts, and remembering that Trena told my interview group in Feb. that they hadn't started waitlisting yet, I am wondering if I am only waitlisted by another name. I have been through this "on hold" crap with an MD program before and it is hell, esp when at the end of it you get officially waitlisted! Had to vent a little there!
For those of us who have had our decision "deferred" to later, this means waitlist. I'm in this group and when I asked Trena about my status, she said "waitlist."

The list will supposedly start to move on or soon after April 15. This is when the $2K checks are due. So, those who choose to go elsewhere will officially withdraw.

Are some of you actually waitlisted or are you "on hold"? I am "on hold" and after reading a few posts, and remembering that Trena told my interview group in Feb. that they hadn't started waitlisting yet, I am wondering if I am only waitlisted by another name.

Everyone who is so far confused about this, I had a lengthy conversation with Trena the other day. She explicitly told me that it does not mean that you are waitlisted. Waitlisted means that you have been accepted to the school if there is room. Those of us in this holding pattern of sorts have not been accepted, nor have we been rejected. We are simply being held until the next month. Let me state this again, it is not waitlisted. No matter what anyone on this forum or any other tells you, not having a decision made on your application is exactly that. A state of application purgatory where no decision has been made. We must simply wait until the committee decides one way or another. Remember, if you were truly waitlisted, there would be no chance of a rejection.

Everyone who is so far confused about this, I had a lengthy conversation with Trena the other day. She explicitly told me that it does not mean that you are waitlisted. Waitlisted means that you have been accepted to the school if there is room. Those of us in this holding pattern of sorts have not been accepted, nor have we been rejected. We are simply being held until the next month. Let me state this again, it is not waitlisted. No matter what anyone on this forum or any other tells you, not having a decision made on your application is exactly that. A state of application purgatory where no decision has been made. We must simply wait until the committee decides one way or another. Remember, if you were truly waitlisted, there would be no chance of a rejection.
Did she mention when next month? Is it based around the April 15 date?

Did she mention when next month? Is it based around the April 15 date?

I spoke with TrIna, not TrEna, on Monday and was told that we would have a decision at the end of this month, however this is the 2nd time frame I have been given. TrEna originally told me decisions would be made this week. This is soooo frustrating!

Has anyone that interviewed on February 22nd heard back of a decision ? I interviewed then, and they said a decision would be made around March 10th (today).
Thanks !

Accepted LECOM-B (Class of 2014)

I spoke with TrIna, not TrEna, on Monday and was told that we would have a decision at the end of this month, however this is the 2nd time frame I have been given. TrEna originally told me decisions would be made this week. This is soooo frustrating!

Same here

Has anyone that interviewed on February 22nd heard back of a decision ? I interviewed then, and they said a decision would be made around March 10th (today).
Thanks !

Accepted LECOM-B (Class of 2014)

I have not heard anything yet and I interviewed on Feb.15...maybe we will hear later today or tomorrow!

Those who interviewed in Feb will probably hear back in the next week or so. Myself and many others who interviewed in January waited patiently and then found out about the no decision made on your application. So, just because you might find out in the next week does not necessarily mean they will have something in stone for you yet, but we can always hope.

I interviewed yesterday and they said that the adcom would be meeting today. I emailed Trena earlier and found out I was accepted! Good luck to those waiting.

I interviewed yesterday and they said that the adcom would be meeting today. I emailed Trena earlier and found out I was accepted! Good luck to those waiting.

Congrats jbeezy ! Yes, I e-mailed Trena a few days ago, and I got the good news today as well. Good luck to those waiting - perseverance definitely pays off.

Those who interviewed in Feb will probably hear back in the next week or so. Myself and many others who interviewed in January waited patiently and then found out about the no decision made on your application. So, just because you might find out in the next week does not necessarily mean they will have something in stone for you yet, but we can always hope.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know no decisions were made on any of our files?