PCOM-Ga Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
complete mid-october, interview mid nov. accepted a few days ago

Members don't see this ad.

So, my neurotic self couldn't wait any longer. I had to leave work to go home and check my mail....

..........ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited:

For those still waiting for news on their app: I already posted my numbers elsewhere...but I am OOS (Louisiana). I was marked complete on 11/5, offered an interview on 11/16 and interviewed on 11/23. My acceptance letter is postmarked 12/15.

I am soooooooooo excited. It's taken me 4 application cycles to get this letter. I am thrilled to be attending GA-PCOM and I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

So, my neurotic self couldn't wait any longer. I had to leave work to go home and check my mail....

..........ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited:

For those still waiting for news on their app: I already posted my numbers elsewhere...but I am OOS (Louisiana). I was marked complete on 11/5, offered an interview on 11/16 and interviewed on 11/23. My acceptance letter is postmarked 12/15.

I am soooooooooo excited. It's taken me 4 application cycles to get this letter. I am thrilled to be attending GA-PCOM and I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Yessss!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy for you, and us! looking forward to meeting you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so excited...I finally get to go car shopping :D I feel like I should start hitting the gym again so I'm not so self-conscious in OMM lab!

I am so excited...I finally get to go car shopping :D I feel like I should start hitting the gym again so I'm not so self-conscious in OMM lab!

Don't you worry, after a few lab sessions, you will not be self conscious about your body, you just don't have enough time to care!

Congratulations to you and the rest of your future classmates! Enjoy this next summer as much as you can!!

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Hello everyone,

I'm a Florida resident interested in applying to PCOM-GA now in my second wave of primaries (a birthday and Christmas delayed things a bit).

I know it's late, but I've read the class size has been increased to 135 and they really like applicants from the Southeast.

Is the class getting full, does anyone know? I'd like to send it out today. I guess I'd have an equal chance sending it out today whether I did PCOM-GA or any of the other schools I applied to, but wondered if you all had any insight to why I shouldn't, I guess. Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I'm a Florida resident interested in applying to PCOM-GA now in my second wave of primaries (a birthday and Christmas delayed things a bit).

I know it's late, but I've read the class size has been increased to 135 and they really like applicants from the Southeast.

Is the class getting full, does anyone know? I'd like to send it out today. I guess I'd have an equal chance sending it out today whether I did PCOM-GA or any of the other schools I applied to, but wondered if you all had any insight to why I shouldn't, I guess. Thanks!
No idea how many seats were taken, but it would be best to apply. If it doesn't work this time, you'll still be able to get better feedback on why. Also, perserverance pays in this game.

Hello everyone,

There is no reason you shouldn't go ahead and submit a secondary. In my personal experience, they were quick to acknowledge receipt of my secondary and the turnaround time for the interview request was slightly under 2 weeks.

I doubt the class is close to full at this point. The adcom only meets once a month to make post-interview decisions and I believe they've only met twice (November and December). Through my searches, it seems that the class wasn't full until the summer.

I say you go for it...good luck!

There is no reason you shouldn't go ahead and submit a secondary. In my personal experience, they were quick to acknowledge receipt of my secondary and the turnaround time for the interview request was slightly under 2 weeks.

I doubt the class is close to full at this point. The adcom only meets once a month to make post-interview decisions and I believe they've only met twice (November and December). Through my searches, it seems that the class wasn't full until the summer.

I say you go for it...good luck!

Agreed. It's done. Now the waiting game.

got the email today! interview invite for 1/25 !!!! so stoked!!! I've been so hopeful to hear from this school and they came through for me. what a blessing!!!

hope to hear from others who will be there during the same time!!

got the email today! interview invite for 1/25 !!!! so stoked!!! I've been so hopeful to hear from this school and they came through for me. what a blessing!!!

hope to hear from others who will be there during the same time!!

Congratulations!!! The PCOM-GA interview is the least stressful one I ever had (it's also short and sweet :))

I'm recently accepted, so if you have any interview day related questions...feel free to ask away!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks so much swimchick and congrats!!!!! sounds like you've worked your tail off to get here and it's well deserved :)

i'll shoot you a PM and ask some more questions and thanks again for your encouragement!

Hi everybody :) For months I have followed this thread, praying that one day I can be part of it as well. I would love to go to this school.
I got the interview invite today... I am still bouncing around, calling everybody and I just can't stop smiling :D
I will be in the afternoon interview...

Hi everybody :) For months I have followed this thread, praying that one day I can be part of it as well. I would love to go to this school.
I got the interview invite today... I am still bouncing around, calling everybody and I just can't stop smiling :D
I will be in the afternoon interview...

congrats! your more than half way there!! As swimchik said, the interview is a breeze. At this point they just want to see if your as competent in person as you are on paper. Good luck

congrats! your more than half way there!! As swimchik said, the interview is a breeze. At this point they just want to see if your as competent in person as you are on paper. Good luck

Thank you so much. This is my favorite school... I am off to get my suit tailored ... :D

I received an interview invite for January 24th today. Anyone else get an invite for that day?

Hey Cadmir,

just PMed you :) I have an interview for the same date :)

Not sure if any of you on here have interviews coming up monday or tuesday but keep an eye on the weather because we got an email yesterday with a plan on how we will make up classes if the school is closed down...just a heads up

wow - looks like Atlanta is exeriencing terrible weather as is most of the Southeast. glad my interview is 2 weeks away! anyone else for the 25th? I saw where some of you guys were going to be there on the 24th.

I will be interviewing 1/25 in the afternoon. Very excited, it's my top choice.

Just curious what happens when you're scheduled for an interview and the weather calls for a rain/wintry mix on the same day?

Will they will still hold them as people are traveling in ? thanks

can someone please send me the secondary for PCOM, both campuses? My emails got deleted and I've emailed the office a couple weeks back and still no response.

Either PM me and ill provide email or post link? thanks so much in advance.

Just curious what happens when you're scheduled for an interview and the weather calls for a rain/wintry mix on the same day?

Will they will still hold them as people are traveling in ? thanks

If school is cancelled then no one will be there to interview, if school is open then plan on everything as planned.
I had a friend scheduled last Tuesday when we had the week off. They usually didnt call off school until midafternoon and just pushed him back one day at a time. By Thursday they just rescheduled him to the following week.
If you have a problem traveling here then I am sure the school would reschedule but if you can get here and there is a freak day off then plan on it being pushed to the following day.
Im sure every other current student will agree that the last thing we need is another snow day.

Hey everyone,

Congratz on getting the interviews and being accepted! My file was complete in October and I still haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know if PCOM-Ga favors applicants from a particular region or something? Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Congratz on getting the interviews and being accepted! My file was complete in October and I still haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know if PCOM-Ga favors applicants from a particular region or something? Thanks!

They're partial to applicants from the Southeast, but they do interview and accept plenty of applicants from outside that geographical area.

Interview tomorrow...
Sitting here at hotel and I am so excited :) Going to check out gym now because I am just too jumpy, ha ha...

Thank you for all the advice... Can't wait till tomorrow :)

Hey everyone,

In the same boat. My file was complete in October.

Interview tomorrow...
Sitting here at hotel and I am so excited :) Going to check out gym now because I am just too jumpy, ha ha...

Thank you for all the advice... Can't wait till tomorrow :)

Glad to hear you made it down there alright...good luck tomorrow, you're going to be fabulous!!

swimchick, thank you so much.
This is school is sooo amazing and I really really hope to be accepted. I met some great people at the interview :)
Everybody was so nice, especially Trena. I felt that there was soo much more that I would have liked to say in my interview but then it was already over ;)

I just received an interview invite for 02/14.:) It is my first invite and I am sooo excited. (For those still waiting to hear something, my application was complete in late September to early October 2010.)

From all that I have read here the interview process seems very laid back, so that is a definite positive.

Anybody else here got an invite for this date?

PCOM interview today was awesome ! Everyone was super friendly and couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Great school! Good luck to all :).

Has anyone recieved their 'Getting Started at PCOM' binder yet?

Has anyone recieved their 'Getting Started at PCOM' binder yet?

Nothing yet. On our class facebook page, Trena said the binders will probably be sent out starting next week.

she told me to expect the binder early february. by the way, i'm a current grad student here so if anyone has any other questions feel free to pm me.

SO hard to get through these last couple months of school!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome To Pcom-GA those of you who are accepted and or waiting for interview. I was in your shoe last year and remember how excited I was to be accepted. Since our school is increasing the class size, there will be more opportunity for many candidates. Interview is laid back as far as I remember. So good luck to you all!!! You will make it!

...counting down the days until the committee meets to decide on the recent interviewed people... talking about sleepless nights ;)

...counting down the days until the committee meets to decide on the recent interviewed people... talking about sleepless nights ;)

Just curious, but when would this be? I have an upcoming interview.

Just curious, but when would this be? I have an upcoming interview.

I interviewed on January 24th, and we were told that the next committee meeting will be on Feb. 2nd. But again, that was for our group so I don't want to give any wrong info... Trena is super super nice and she will tell you when the next meeting will be for you guys :)
and congrats for interview :)

I interviewed on January 24th, and we were told that the next committee meeting will be on Feb. 2nd. But again, that was for our group so I don't want to give any wrong info... Trena is super super nice and she will tell you when the next meeting will be for you guys :)
and congrats for interview :)

Okay, thanks for the info and the congrats! Good luck to you! :)

Makessense, I am interviewing Monday, 1/31. Good luck for your interview date!

Makessense, I am interviewing Monday, 1/31. Good luck for your interview date![/QUOTE]

Thanks. All the best to you too.

Congratulations!!! The PCOM-GA interview is the least stressful one I ever had (it's also short and sweet :))

I'm recently accepted, so if you have any interview day related questions...feel free to ask away!

Hi,
I have my interview in feb.
Any tips for m please abd a if you can please share your interview experience?

Also any hotel recommendations?

thanks

the Hampton Inn off Sugarloaf has free cookies every day!! :)
great place to stay

thanks
Any one would like to share the interview experience and any tips?

thanks again

thanks
Any one would like to share the interview experience and any tips?

thanks again

HI :)

if you go back a few pages... there is plenty of info to be found. Also, the interview feedback section is a great way to prep for the interview.
Just be yourself and have fun :) They are really really great people at PCOM GA :)
Good luck

Greetings, I am a physician with the MD degree and almost 15 years of cranial osteopathy experience, and I live in the Atlanta area. I would like to know if there is enough interest in cranial osteopathy amongst the PCOM-GA student body to pursue a study group, or for the school to host a course. Even if there are only a few interested students, I would be happy to meet with you. All the best to you in your studies!