Official 2023 APMLE Part 2 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They said it’s preliminary review and it’s subject to change. Not sure why they would be quick to email students outcome when results are subject to change. Makes no sense
Imagine a sick game where they tell you, you passed but then said Sike...
I think I'd slap everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Imagine a sick game where they tell you, you passed but then said Sike...
I think I'd slap everyone.
I also wonder why the results would be subject to change this late in the game 👀

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They said it’s preliminary review and it’s subject to change. Not sure why they would be quick to email students outcome when results are subject to change. Makes no sense
I imagine they only say that in the 1 in 10000 chance their results are incorrect. Saying though as someone whose school told them they passed lol

I am a little confused about [mention]drbeebee’s [/mention] post. They need to come back and explain themselves
giphy.gif

my college emailed us this morning at 09:15 EST.

The entire workforce at Prometric fell asleep. We're not getting our official results until tomorrow /s

So if the results are not official, why do they release it to the schools especially when the results can change?

So if the results are not official, why do they release it to the schools especially when the results can change?
My school gave me my score report, I passed. Nothing on prometric. I do think its official since its the actual score report, rather than word of mouth

This is soooo ghetto

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, as far as my school says, I passed!!

For the future generations, you will get mad during the span of this test. While studying for it, while taking it, while waiting for the results. I just want to say, your anger is justified. This exam covers topics so broadly its frustrating to study for. Watkins, Board Vitals, and First Aid for the Medicine portion helped a lot in my studies. Do practice tests, as many as you can. Crozer works very well as well.

The exam is also horribly written. I had 5 questions that I swear to god had 2 correct answers. And I'm not saying that in the BS "well if you think about it, it could be a or b" No. I'm saying on a first order question, A and B were both equally correct. Do your best, don't kill yourself over it, this exam deserves approximately 2 weeks of your life to study for, but don't feel the need to skip Christmas with your family.

I PASSED!! Received email from school around 2:30pm. Nothing on prometric though

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all who passed! Another one down. I recommend y'all take Part 3 as fast as you can to keep up the momentum and prevent a future "restudy" session all over again (some states require Part 3 right away before residency, FYI)!

What percentage of questions do you guys think you got right when you passed? Or even a breakdown of percentage via each section would be interesting too!

NYCPM 94%
KSUCPM 87%

Those are what I’ve seen so far.

Reactions: 2 users
What percentage of questions do you guys think you got right when you passed? Or even a breakdown of percentage via each section would be interesting too!
I think I got about 70-75% of the 205 questions correct. But it’s impossible to know how it was graded and which questions were dropped.

Here’s my thoughts for future students / re-takers. Like Part 1, it’s a stupid and trivial exam that does not reflect nor assess your ability to be a good resident. For every one question about patient management, there’s five other questions that just test if you’ve memorized pointless buzzwords. Those questions felt like the majority of the test, which is laughable considering literally anyone could just memorize those answers.

My advice:

Complete Board Vitals and the Prometric Practice Exams with notes, review Watkins, Crozer, and Prism. Ask your upperclassmen for old practice exams. And of course, memorize every buzzword you come across. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Passed per school email but no updates on prometric website as of today.

I wonder when CPME will publish the results for all 9 school. Would be interested to see the overall performance of the new exam.

Update to all: score is now on prometric! Approximately 24 hours after they were supposed to be!

Hopefully the match website doesn't have issues like the clerkship website did 😅

Part 3 question.
Can we just apply to sit for part 3 now? On the application it asks what state you’re going to be licensed in. For many of us that’ll be a different state than the school. Are we supposed to put the state the school is in or wait to apply to sit for the exam after match day?

Based on this: American Podiatric Medical Licensing Examination – Exam Schedule

You can schedule now for the May exam, April 12th being the deadline. I would recommend registering after the match.
Congrats to those that passed Part 2. If anyone retaking: do not lose hope. Focus on the weaker areas. You can do it!

Forgot to mention that I passed part 2!! Congrats to those who did! I was extremely scared due to my ptsd from part 1.

Passed.

Did boardvitals 2x (Was getting 60-70% right on 2nd pass. Third run for incorrect ones.)
Did official practice tests twice
Did old nbpme practice tests once
Studied practice questions that upper-classmen shared

You don’t need to study Watkins, crozer, or prism to pass this exam; I didn’t.

I don't plan on failing boards part 2 when I take it, but do residency applications show how many times you take boards part 2?

I don't plan on failing boards part 2 when I take it, but do residency applications show how many times you take boards part 2?
No. But if you fail the 2nd attempt your name is automatically pulled from the Match until the following year

Passed, adding how I studied for future students.

Wakins/Pocket Pod, Crozer, PRISM which covered a lot of the material but really some of it is so random or unexpected that you might not ever look at it regardless of how much time you give yourself to prep.

Board Vitals is very very popular although I didn't use it, almost every resident I asked did say that it was helpful.

I was woefully unprepared for the Biomechanics portion so if I was doing it again I would study more of this.

No. But if you fail the 2nd attempt your name is automatically pulled from the Match until the following year
Are you sure about this? I know someone who failed the second attempt, still matched but it was conditional on the fact he had to pass it in May for the 3rd try.

Are you sure about this? I know someone who failed the second attempt, still matched but it was conditional on the fact he had to pass it in May for the 3rd try.
Just basing that info off the threat my school told us would happen if you failed twice...if I'm wrong then I don't know lol

So if I understand well, when you fail twice you can still match and start in July but you will be pulled from the original match and will have to scramble? So a program will match with you and give you a condition to start in May before you can start?

Well it must be extremely diverse. Because I know someone who was able to take it in May and do the scramble so they didn't have to match the following year. So apparently there are at least three options:

1. Fail it twice and you have to join match the following year.
2. Fail it twice and you can get a conditional acceptance to your match only if you pass the May test.
3. Fail it twice, pass it the third time and just do scramble.

So if I understand well, when you fail twice you can still match and start in July but you will be pulled from the original match and will have to scramble? So a program will match with you and give you a condition to start in May before you can start?
I reached out more to this person. The program was not a conditional acceptance, they simply didnt fill a spot even after the first regular scramble. There is like a secondary scramble in May you reach out to programs that aren't filled after basically everyone already matched and scrambled. Id suggest taking an entire year off at that point than trying to just join a horrible program

How’d the retake go? Did it feel any different difficulty wise compared to the first pass?

took the retake today, don't feel great about it even after studying all the resources again. :( i guess we'll just have to wait and see

This was my first time taking it. I also didn’t feel good about it although I felt like I recognized a lot and got a decent amount correct but I also looked up about 6-7 questions that I knew I got wrong. This test is such a mind game. Not sure if I’m hyperfocusing on the ones I was unsure / ones I got wrong or if I truly didn’t do good.

For the people that passed - how many of you KNOW that you got around 10 questions wrong that were a little easier?

This was my first time taking it. I also didn’t feel good about it although I felt like I recognized a lot and got a decent amount correct but I also looked up about 6-7 questions that I knew I got wrong. This test is such a mind game. Not sure if I’m hyperfocusing on the ones I was unsure / ones I got wrong or if I truly didn’t do good.

For the people that passed - how many of you KNOW that you got around 10 questions wrong that were a little easier?
You didn’t take the first one?

I definitely missed some questions I shouldn’t have, I’m sure everyone feels that way.

It’s a really, really stupid test. I hope you passed!

I looked up 10-20 afterwards, majority of those I missed. But still ended up passing

I took the retake on Wednesday and I felt very confident on 115 questions. I know for a fact that I got 20 confirmed wrong and don't remember any of the remaining 70ish questions but I'm pretty terrified that I failed. The numbers are not looking too good for me, right? Thanks!

I took the retake on Wednesday and I felt very confident on 115 questions. I know for a fact that I got 20 confirmed wrong and don't remember any of the remaining 70ish questions but I'm pretty terrified that I failed. The numbers are not looking too good for me, right? Thanks!
seems like we all felt similarly about our exams. The general consensus is that we “should be okay”. Odds are that we all passed.
Don’t let the next two weeks eat at you .
It’s just a dumb test

Someone mentioned they scale these exams based on the angoff method (no confirmation), so perhaps they compare your scores vs those who are retaking the exam on the same day.

I wouldn't stress out about it bc there is nothing you can do rn. Chances are good that you passed the retake if you diligently put in the hours for the reexamination.

Take a few days off and relax. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Someone mentioned they scale these exams based on the angoff method (no confirmation), so perhaps they compare your scores vs those who are retaking the exam on the same day.

I wouldn't stress out about it bc there is nothing you can do rn. Chances are good that you passed the retake if you diligently put in the hours for the reexamination.

Take a few days off and relax. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Pretty sure that’s not how the angoff method works. The value of each question is predetermined in advance to uniquely scale each exam with each unique set of questions.