Official APMLE Part 1 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They can always PM me or Dexter to post on behalf of said individual
I know 1 student who said they were taking it on the 14th over 2 weeks ago, so that test was always sort of there.

The other student I know, prometric messed up their exam, accommodations, etc. and so they are retaking it on the 14th, their first attempt being nullified.

Members don't see this ad.

So basically one (or maybe more) people had something messed up about their exam or exam process, and as a result, the score release date got pushed back for everyone?

Reactions: 1 user
I know 1 student who said they were taking it on the 14th over 2 weeks ago, so that test was always sort of there.

The other student I know, prometric messed up their exam, accommodations, etc. and so they are retaking it on the 14th, their first attempt being nullified.
It is actually unfair, as comparing to other students. One more week could make a huge difference in scoring for an individual.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is actually unfair, as comparing to other students. One more week could make a huge difference in scoring for an individual.

I suppose, but considering one knows boards are coming years in advance, it's sort of like saying 1 more week on the MCAT makes a difference.

Really, you have enough time to prepare.

Maybe if it was a month later, I could agree more.

I suppose, but considering one knows boards are coming years in advance, it's sort of like saying 1 more week on the MCAT makes a difference.

Really, you have enough time to prepare.

Maybe if it was a month later, I could agree more.
Well, I suppose too. Although, I do believe info on sdn telling other students what to focus on, and students telling their classmates what they saw on an exam. That is fair? I absolutely think not.

Reactions: 1 users
I would agree with @hailey6565 , I find it very hard to believe that with the disaster that prometric is, that they took the time to create entirely brand new and different exams. A bit unfair if they got repeat questions from their previous exams or questions that their friends and colleagues told them to watch out for.

Reactions: 2 users
Still very salty we do not have our scores yet. Does anyone know what time the scores are supposed to be released on the 4th?

Still very salty we do not have our scores yet. Does anyone know what time the scores are supposed to be released on the 4th?
they usually come around around 9-10 am, but many of my friends from my year received them around 12 pm. You get an email saying the score is up on Prometric.

they usually come around around 9-10 am, but many of my friends from my year received them around 12 pm. You get an email saying the score is up on Prometric.
Don't wait for that email. It may not come. Just refresh the prometric website or call the school in the morning. good luck!

This is absolutely ridiculous that our scores have not been released.

1. The fact scores have not been released after already delaying the process by one week and one day says a lot about the administering company and their professionalism/ability to administer professional exams.

2. What happens to the students who may unfortunately have to retake the exam? Is it still October 3rd? That seems unfair considering they have lost a week and a half of potential study time since the date in which the scores were supposed to be released.

3. How does this reflect on podiatry as a field? Perhaps I am out of the loop, but I do not see the same issue happening with MD/DO/DDS/DMD etc. If I am incorrect in this analysis let me know.

Patience is a virtue sure, but this is absurd.

Members don't see this ad :)

This is how you know someone is inexperienced and is only on boards part 1.

Prometric and the the organization that releases scores have been horrific year after year, test after test.

My own experience is 100 times worse than waiting for scores to be released later in 1 afternoon.

It's unfortunate for sure.

Last edited:
Prometric has been ****ty for some time now so bear with them.

This is how you know someone is inexperienced and is only on boards part 1.

Prometric and the the organization that releases scores have been horrific year after year, test after test.

My own experience is 100 times worse than waiting for scores to be released later in 1 afternoon.

It's unfortunate for sure.
I'm sure you had to walk up hill both ways to school in pouring rain everyday too huh?

1. The fact scores have not been released after already delaying the process by one week and one day says a lot about the administering company and their professionalism/ability to administer professional exams.

2. What happens to the students who may unfortunately have to retake the exam? Is it still October 3rd? That seems unfair considering they have lost a week and a half of potential study time since the date in which the scores were supposed to be released.

3. How does this reflect on podiatry as a field? Perhaps I am out of the loop, but I do not see the same issue happening with MD/DO/DDS/DMD etc. If I am incorrect in this analysis let me know.

Patience is a virtue sure, but this is absurd.
Dude it’s podiatry. Don’t expect anything to ever go smooth or be normal. You signed up for this. This will happen over and over again in many other ways in your career. Good luck

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Update: Our school got our results and we were able to request them

PASS!!!!!

Pass!!!! Congrats everyone!

What I did: (I'm a crammer, don't do this :) )
(((side note, I felt awful after this exam and was sure I failed)

I did do BoardVitals (10 questions a day) starting in December or January, and increased it to 200 or so a day as I got closer to the exam- basically anytime I was overwhelmed or bored. I definitely got through it all more than twice. In addition, I did old Prometric exams and the LEA boards question packet.

LEA: 1 pass through class notes. I rewrote every single thing. Handwritten is good for your memory, bad for your hands. This was the only subject I really did this for.

GA: 1 pass through 100 concepts. Not super helpful. Most of my GA was just from memory of when I took the class. BoardVitals also helped somewhat.

Pharm: I tried sketchy. Way too much detail for me. My exam was super super pharm heavy and I felt like I had never seen a lot of it. Instead, I used class notes and Osmosis. I should mention the BRS physio book reinforced a bit of pharm as well.

Path: I did well in the actual course, so I skimmed Pathoma and quizzed myself with BoardVitals. I also used BRS and Osmosis for physio which incorporated a lot of pathology concepts so I was reinforcing as I did that.

Physio (bane of my existence): I used BRS physio book, Osmosis, BoardVitals, class notes and First Aid. Still felt unprepared going in, but came out feeling ok.

Biochem: my exam was also biochem heavy. I am confident I got none of the questions right. I used First Aid and BoardVitals. Know rate limiting enzymes.

Micro: SKETCHY! This is the only thing I thought sketchy was fantastic for. Yes it was too much detail, and I did kind of give up because I was running out of time. I got through bacteria and viruses, thinking that was the important stuff. Of course, I panicked after this exam and started looking everything up as soon as I got back to my hotel where I learned that First Aid has a great micro section.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I PASSED! Still doesn’t feel reall! Thanks for all the encouragement!

It’s up on prometric!

Reactions: 4 users
I PASSED!! :) Logged into the portal with my parents watching, it could've gone horribly wrong lol. CONGRATS TO EVERYONE THAT PASSED!!

Passed.

This whole process was frustrating.

I averaged ~2-3 hours per day during the month of May and first part of June. Our dedicated was 3 weeks where I averaged ~8 hours/day. I took entire days off fairly frequently as I was pretty burned out from the previous 2 years.

BV: I only completed about 75% of it. I would recommend future students to start much earlier than I did to finish.

LEA: class notes only. I did 2 1/2 passes. I felt it wasn’t close to 25% of my exam.

MICRO: SKETCHY SKETCHY SKETCHY. I did the AnKing cards for each sketch. I did these throughout May and kept up with reviews.

PHARM: SKETCHY again. I did the Pepper deck for Pharm. AnKing had too many repeats, so I felt Pepper was better. Just personal preference.

GA: I did 2 passes of 100 concepts. I gave up on the Anki deck pretty early as mine didn’t have any images. I wasn’t prepared enough in this section.

BIOCHEM: I did 1 pass of First Aid. I also did the sketchy videos over the inherited diseases, vitamins, etc. — About 10-15 sketchies throughout the modules. None of the inh. disease sketchies were on my exam, though they were supposedly high yield last year.

PHYSIO: didn’t study. My exam had very simple physio.

PATH: didn’t study. Edit: I agree with the posts below mine… study this section.

IMMUNO: didn’t study.

I took the official prometric practice exams 1 week out. I scored 75% and 87%.

Last edited:
PASSED!!!!! Will make another post later! Congratulations everyone!!!!!

Congratulations to everyone.

Passed and anxious while waiting for results. I devoted an average of 8 hours per day during the 4-week summer break at the library to study. I diligently used USMLE FirstAid and highlighted all the concepts that overlapped with my school lectures, starting from day one of school.

Here is a breakdown of my preparation for different subjects:
  • General Anatomy (GA): Completed 2 passes of 100 concepts, feel covering about 80% of my GA questions.
  • Low Extremity Anatomy (LEA): Relied on class notes only and covered about 95% of my LEA questions.
  • Microbiology: Used Pixorize and covered about 95% of my micro questions.
  • Pharmacology: Also used Pixorize and covered about 95% of my questions.
  • Biochemistry: Utilized FirstAid with additional support from FA Biochem YouTube videos. covered 95% questions.
  • Immunology: Used FirstAid along with FA Immu YouTube videos. covered 95% questions.
  • Physiology: Used FirstAid as a guide, with more focus on Boardvitals qBank.
  • Pathology: Used FirstAid as a guide, with more focus on Boardvitals qBank.
  • Boardvitals qBank: Completed two passes, ending at 85%. APMLE Step 1 is way broader than BV questions, but mostly not that deep.
Additionally, I took two 10+ year old APMLE practical exams and scored 95%, which felt too easy compared to today's standards. I also attempted two new prometric APMLE practical exams and scored close to 90%.
Tip for testing skill: Do not mark too much questions(>50+). The test center's computer system is so sluggish that it does not provide a smooth response when I try to quickly screen and review questions.

However, I do have regrets as I should spend more time on FirstAid for the Musculoskeletal, Skin, and Connective Tissue chapter, spanning from anatomy to pharmacology. This is GOLD for the APMLE Step One.

Last edited:
Passed !!
Literally left the exam feeling like I 100% failed.. Flagged 130 questions and it was a mix of I had no clue or between 2 answers. Counted about 60-70 questions I knew for a fact I had missed from what I could remember

LEA: School Notes/ Temple Flashcards/ Scholl O/I charts
HA: 100 concepts/ School notes
Path/ Physio: FA
Biochem: Dirty USMLE videos
Micro: Sketchy
Pharm: School notes
Boardvitals, Prometric exams, 2005/2008 tests

I understand people always say to mainly focus on the Big 4 which will help increase points. However my exam contained literally 50-60 path questions that I wrote down after the exam to make sure I wasn't tripping as well as a good chunk of Physio. I would solidify the BIG 4 but also make sure to study path as well because I did get VERY specific path questions that were mainly in FA.I would also use BRS for physio instead of FA because my exam contained specific questions that I found in BRS afterwards but not in FA

I keep pinching myself cause this feels like such a dream. But when you put in the work, anything's possible!! Congrats to everyone who passed, and to those who are going to retake, I have no doubt you'll be posting your pass in October!! <3 Settle down because this post will be detailed, it was posts like these that helped me pass, so I'd like to give back for future students.

post exam opinions- I swear I was sure I failed that exam, I had about 110 flagged, and I was convinced all the ones I wasn't sure about were going to be scored. This feeling is gonna happen, use the waiting time for the score to distract yourself with school, friends and family. It helped me a bit to discuss some choices with friends, but the anxiety was worse than anything I've ever experienced in my life. I felt like there wasn't an equal representation of the subjects, the LEAN was VERY focused on blood vessels and ligaments, I might have gotten 3-4 spitback questions regarding LEAN, but all other questions were second order, where you had to think about the orientation of the foot and landmarks. I also had so much neuro and biochem, I was so grateful I ignored when people said to review those subjects once the day before the exam, cause I swear I had complex questions about those subjects. Overall, very very anxiety inducing, I was stiff as a board the entire exam and I felt like I forgot everything I learned was left at the door. Good note to make: remember some things you're prone to forgetting regarding LEAN physio, important rules, patterns ossification centers, as soon as you start the exam, they'll serve you well. This exam is not reflective for your performance as a future pod, its an exam you just gotta bite the bullet for.

Now for my sources:
LEAN- I rewatched all of my lectures, about 2 a day for almost a month, in May. It was a good refresher on some rules and things that the professors had emphasized would be on the boards during the course like which is first, which is last, what bones have what landmarks etc. I also read Ohio notes 2-3x starting at the end of May until the night before the exam. great resource, 10/10 find and use!! Practice questions were BV, practice exams, and any practice questions I collected during the class itself, as well as the LEAN flashcards. I also received the Scholl notes a few days before the exam, but I didn't get the time to use them, they looked good IMO. I also used some youtube for nerve and vessel injuries like DirtyMedicine.

Micro- when everyone says sketchy, they mean it. USE IT! Its more than enough for your exam, did not use any school notes. BRS is a good source for practice questions, as well as the practice questions sketchy provides, and BV (obvs). The actual exam questions for micro weren't too bad, it was the only subject I was like 80% confident in. I reviewed micro first to get it out of the way, did the anki deck you can find easily on reddit to keep things fresh. And reviewed the images from the sketches the week or 10 days before the exam to solidify my association with the bug and sketch.

Pharm- Used sketchy once again, as well as osmosis to learn MOA's. I also used DirtyMedicine for remembering the MOA's of the drugs. Sketchy was for remembering names and being able to group them, and again for image association. Its alot, so I recommend starting early, and completing once section in 1-2 days, by dividing up your studying, it'll take you about 3-4 weeks to get through it all. Also reviewed the sketches the week before the exam for the same reason I did micro. I also used Rami's Pharm crash course, I WISH I HAD THIS EARLIER!! I got like 7-8 questions right because of this source, piece away at it while you're studying. Lastly, our upperclassmen made a PDF for the final, which was cumulative, and was a HUGE help, so keep your study guides. Having ur pharm course in semester 4 was a big help, so keep your notes. It was very antimicrobials heavy, as well as cardiology and renal. Practice questions were BV, class practice questions. Also downloaded an anki deck for sketchy pharm.

GA- I know 100 concepts seem so minimal and maximal at the same time, but that's truly all you need. Use HyGuru's video to go through about half the 100 concepts, cause sadly that's all that's available. For the rest of the 100 concepts, I watched youtube/osmosis for each "concept" to fill in any blanks. Download the anki and do that over and over again. Practice questions were BV. This was another subject I was quite confident in. Also used sketchy for some confusing concepts, like the GI system.

Physio- Alot of people recommended using our school's review, but I can't be bothered. I read BRS, did not do the questions in the book cause they were crazy difficult. Yes the book is long, but its 7 chapters, one chapter a week, you can get through it. Have a small study guide on the side that you write important rules, arrows, diseases, hormones, etc etc so you don't have to review the whole book again. I also used sketchy to review cardiology, renal and pulmonology. Practice questions were what was provided by our physio professor, BV.

Path- I used Pathoma for the first 4 chapters of the book, by annotating and watching Dr. Sattar's videos, he's the absolute best at reviewing what's important and dumbing it down. Don't be intimidated by the length of the videos, they'll serve you so well. For the rest of the course, I used my school's pathology review given by our professor, which was the best. There were some lower yield questions on the boards itself, but I took the L on them lol. Practice questions with BV.

Neuro- used my school's review, which is for the most part, all encompassing. Watched some DirtyMedicine and 2 Minute Neuro to solidify some concepts that weren't touched on too much. I had too many spinal cord lesion questions, that it's criminal, so review those well. I spent about 3 days reviewing this. No regrets, because many upperclassmen I know told me to just look at it superficially and you'll be fine. If I took their advice, I'd be the opposite of fine right now. Practice questions were BV.

Immunology- Used Osmosis, and a document that was going around in our class that had all the IL's, cytokines, cell types, etc. Practice questions were BV, know these 3 things I wrote like the back of your hand cause they help in questions like path and physio as well. Another subject I didn't take lightly

Biochem- I studied this for 2-3 days, using osmosis and another document that was going around in our class. I also used sketchy to remember crucial steps and processes. Practice questions from BV, but they were toooo easy for what was on the exam. Yet another subject I was told to take with a grain of salt.

Now to questions and my performance on it, oof. *NONE of the questions presented to us for practice are reflective of the exam*, but do them it will help with self assessment.

BV- I scored a 50% the first pass, cause I was doing random quizzes of 30-50 questions daily just to get exposure to questions all the subjects everyday, even if I was studying a totally different subject each day. Anything I saw I was repeatedly getting wrong, I wrote in my notebook, and just read and redid over and over till I got them right. Second pass I scored like 70%, after content review, at this point I was doing quizzes divided into subjects to see where I was weak. Third pass was a few days before the exam and I was scoring in the 90's, likely because I remembered alot of the questions, but it still helped on memorizing what I kept forgetting.

2005/2008 exams- They were mainly first order questions, and since they're so old, not a good reflection of the questions on the actual exam. Just use it as a source for what you need to brush up on, I scored 58 and 60 in both exams in the last 2 weeks.

Prometric- You'd think the company that is administering the exam would have the best questions, haha, sike. These were the easiest of the bunch and I scored 68 and 70 the week before the exam. Again, use it just to see where you stand with regards to what you need to brush up on.

Sketchy/non APMLE oriented questions- the questions are complex-ish but these were actually a bit reflective of the exam, so do them, and alot of the questions are repeat so it helps to see the same question asked differently.

Schedule setup, there are two types of people, feel out which type you wanna be, both are equally efficient.

- one that devotes a week to one subject, do all the practice questions and material that week, then brush up on it in the last week or two before the exam.
- The other type study 1 chapter/section/whatever of one subject everyday, so at the end of the week you have had a little taste of every subject, and which practice questions you do are your choice (random or subject based)
- **Be sure to complete you content review by the time you are at least two weeks away from the exam for practice question, and quick review time**.

I started last week of April and studied 4-5 hours a day 5-6 days a week, and took a day off. Once June came around, I gave up my days off and they turned into 1 evening a week off, and I was studying 7-8 hours a day at this point. Week before the exam, review LEAN pharm and micro if you're crunched on time, I slept, ate, drank boards in the last 3 weeks of studying.

Misc notes

- Use the APMLE curriculum guide to check off what you've studied, and which subjects/topics hold the most importance.
- Have quizlet, anki, BV and a notes app downloaded on your phone. Have all your important study sources loaded on there so you can do some review while commuting, taking in some sunlight, on a walk (this will likely happen in June).
- Please for the love of all that is holy, do not talk to a million people who will tell you their progress, scores, etc. It's so discouraging, I had 2 friends in my class I'd talk to on the daily to just keep accountability and ask questions to. Ignore all the other sounds and people, everyone studies differently.
- Collect your resource and make a file on your computer/tablet and be prepared for when you start studying. Take the advice of upperclassmen with a grain of salt, and study each subject as if it'll 100% be on the exam, and you'll expect complex questions.
- Highly recommend taking a week off after the semester ends and board studying starts, you won't regret it.
- the computers at the testing centers are mad laggy, be patient.
- Watch some of the APMLE "how to prepare" videos on youtube, I watched them when I first started studying, and then again towards the end for consolation when i thought I studied everything all wrong.
- DO NOT COMPARE YOUR PRACTICE QUESTIONS SCORE/PROGRESS IN REVIEW WITH OTHERS PLEASE!!!!!
- Do not think you can do all of this in 3-4 weeks.... you most likely wont be able to without your brain imploding.
-If you're easily anxious (like me) stay off SDN, reddit, forums and sites like such because 1. you're gonna compare, and 2. you're gonna read the posts where people didn't do so hot and you're gonna convince yourself you've failed. During your studies, the only reason you use this site is to gauge which resources people used, find them, and assess if its right for you.

Final notes: remember, most students pass the exam, if not on the first, then the second try. But don't lack in your efforts that you have to take this exam again, taking it once and paying all that money for the exam is enough. Do not give up. This exam is not a reflection of you as a future doctor, simply an exam that stands in your path, it depends on you how much strength you give to get it out of the way.

Last edited:
Passed!

• GA: Completed 2 passes of 100 concepts- used dorians anki deck, and BV.
  • LEA: Relied on class notes only, and ohio notes
  • Micro: sketchy along with pepper deck anki
  • Pharmacology: sketchy along with FA
  • Biochemistry: FA
  • Immunology: FA, found YouTube high yield topics
  • Physiology: FA, BV-- knowing what to focus on
  • Pathology: FA & Pathoma. Now that this percentage has increased I would 100% recommend using this book.
  • Boardvitals qBank: 3 passes, ending at 85%
In all I would say know FA like the back of your hand. It is tough to get through but most def was worth it imo.
APMLE practice exams helped me tremendously. Scoring should be around 80%-95%.
I flagged maybe 80 questions.
Went through my exam twice one exam day, and still walked out feeling like I bombed it. Thankfully, I passed.

REMEMBER do not use too many resources or you will get overwhelmed.

Congratulations to everyone who passed! To those facing setbacks, believe in yourself and keep pushing forward – we're cheering for you!

Congratulations to everyone who passed! For those who didn't, I believe in you and you can still do it!! You have managed to get through 2 years of podiatric medical school and that is not an easy task, so I know for sure you can crack this exam next time around.

First of all, I'm more relieved than happy at this point to pass this exam. I also came out of the exam thinking I failed the exam so I'm glad it ended up being fine. I'm using this post to share what I used to study for this exam.

2nd semester of 2nd year: Tried reading over Ohio LEA book, but I couldn't get to it. However, I did finish Sketchy Micro during my spring break and memorized Temple's LEA flashcards before the semester ended.

(I wish I had time to do more, but spring semester is loaded with class and extracurricular activities so it was hard to find time.)

Took 2 day break after my spring semester ended.

May 15th-21st: Read through Ohio LEA book thoroughly with Ohio LEA picture book. Went through Temple cards one more time. After I was done with it, I did the LEA section on BoardVitals and wrote down what I got wrong (and tried to understand why I got it wrong). I also reviewed 100 concepts anatomy powerpoint along with Anki, but Anki was getting too much so I stopped in the middle.
May 22nd-30th: Did sketchy Pharm one section/module a day and went through symbol explorers multiple times for each sketch to get it down. If it was too difficult to stick to my brain, I would use the Anki deck associated with that module/section. Also, I would quickly review the module I did on the previous day to reinforce more. After I completed everything on Sketchy Pharm, I did the Pharm section on Board Vitals and wrote down what I got wrong.
May 31st-June 5th: Reviewed Sketchy Micro and Immunology from USMLE step 1 book and did the Micro section on BVs and wrote down what I got wrong. Reviewed the LEA book and Temple flashcards again.
June 6th-June 16th: I was struggling to find a good pathology review material, and I somehow couldn't get myself to do Pathoma. I ended up doing Sketchy Pathology (very underrated imo) and I did multiple reviews throughout like I did for Sketchy Pharm. Please please study pathology for boards. I know in the previous years people had completed ignored this section, but I would say 45% of my exam was pathology and I am so glad I spent time on this. Did BVs section for this after.
June 17th-24th: Found physiology cards on Quizlet and I went through Cell, ANS, and cardiac physiology on Sketchy and BV for this. I also watched YouTube videos on lung spirometry and metabolic acidosis/alkalosis. I struggled to find a good resource for this section. Found Biochem cards with rate-limiting enzymes on Quizlet and went through Glycogen storage diseases sketch and Vitamins and Minerals section on Sketchy Biochem and did BVs. Did BV for general anatomy and went through 100 concepts again. Took the 2005 exam on Prometric.
June 25th-June 30th: Did BVs after reviewing each section (a little bit faster this time with only half of Sketchy Path reviewed). Took the 2008 exam on Prometric.
July1st-July7th: Ohio LEA, Temple Cards, 100 concepts anatomy, Sketchy Pharm, Sketchy Path (second half), Physiology Flashcards, Biochem Flashcards, Sketchy Biochem, and BV questions I got wrong.

My biggest recommendation to you is don't switch between resources. If you pick up one resource for a section, just stick to it till the end so you're not wasting time. Try to get a feel for the resources by looking at them in the spring semester. For example, I bought the USMLE step 1 book, but I knew it was not for me right when I opened it. I only used the immunology section from that book but some people love it. I also knew Anki was not going to work for me as I did not know how to use it and it was just too time consuming.

My second recommendation is whatever your schedule looks, please make sure you're taking breaks. You're not going to retain much if you're constantly stressed. I usually only studied from 8:00 am to 5:30/6:00 pm. Then I went on walks with my dad. Listen to your body and attend its needs and rest sometimes.

Also, I know I used Sketchy a lot for this exam, but I loved it and I would do it again as it is helping during rotations.

I hope this post helps. Good luck! :)

Spoke with a clinician during clinic today and was able to obtain some numbers regarding boards. For TUSPM the pass rate was 93%! Have also heard from Dr. Pontious, a member of the boards committee that the passing threshold was very low this time around. Congrats again everyone, time to start honing in on externship selections!

• Care
Hey guys, so I ended up not passing the boards part 1. I've been following y'all's instructions. I'm a month out. Does any advice or resources would be appreciated. My email is [email protected] if yall could help me out.

Is it true that if you don’t pass boards part 1 then you can’t start clinical rotations?

I’m curious because I know somebody at my school that hasn’t even set for the exam but is rotating in the clinic now

Hey guys, so I ended up not passing the boards part 1. I've been following y'all's instructions. I'm a month out. Does any advice or resources would be appreciated. My email is [email protected] if yall could help me out.

I would focus on the weaker areas from the score report. Do the easy and medium difficulty questions on BV and know the three Ps well (physio/pharm/path). You can do it. Good luck!

Is it true that if you don’t pass boards part 1 then you can’t start clinical rotations?

I’m curious because I know somebody at my school that hasn’t even set for the exam but is rotating in the clinic now

In some programs, these students are on probation while studying and retaking the exam. At other programs, based on your GPA, you can be put on a LOA until you pass the exam and then are placed in the class below. If somehow, these students don't pass it on the 2nd try; they might have to repeat everything from day 1, the 2nd year, or get dismissed.