Melee WW Game Thread-April 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Then why did you not just say that earlier? Imo that would have been a valid explanation, but you apparently tried to play a gotcha game with me looking for village code. You should know by now that mods don't slip on that here. Also, why were you on my back about it but not Santy's? Santy was arguing from the same point I was (perceiving you being surprised d/t affiliation, not role), any thoughts on that?

I also have more interesting thoughts on both Samac and Zenge from pg 14 but have to go rumble IRL. I'll be back after I go fight some punks.
Interesting analysis. I interpreted it the same as Santy but I also wasn’t really surprised there was another/more fighters because it appears to be the default role. Seems totally possible for there to be role modifiers and plain ‘fighter’ is just a step up from a vanilla villager

Who tf are you fighting IRL?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I feel like other than Stagg I didnt see any WIM go up so today was mostly samac+Stagg .

PSV dip in thread I just reread and was really superficial as well so dropping the townlean I had there
Remind me what WIM is?

Day 1 is hard for me, we just don’t have much to go on to form strong opinions and that irks me. As much as endgame is stressful, at least there’s tons of posts to evaluate and something to go off of. When I finished the thread, Cyndia stood out to me as someone who was trying to look helpful and engaged, but when I analyzed closer it was mostly off-topic. I would like to see more gamesolving from her today now that we have two flips and several more pages of posts to analyze.

Yes, my catch-up did have some fluff but I hope you see that I tried to stay on track and ask relevant questions and I stayed engaged for the rest of the cycle. I still think I was quite involved and I’ve continued to post consistently today.

Clearly cyndia’s reads list was actually more similar to my own than I remembered. My biggest gripe was that her list didn’t feel genuine. Kinda like it was thrown together without much gumption or conviction. In hindsight, I probably should’ve given her more grace since it was Day 1 but that was my immediate reaction. I am re-evaluating because I realize the hypocrisy of saying it is hard to form opinions during D1 and then voting her for an unnatural reads list that is similar to my own.
So what are your current reads?

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
Okay, so why did you think it wasn’t weird? Several of us were not expecting clem to be the NK so you’re the only contrarian rn
I think you’re misunderstanding. My asking Samac why she thought it was weird, didn’t mean I didn’t also think it was weird. I wanted Samac’s specific thoughts

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
and I disagree with Zenge that she just kind of "backed off" as Cyn's most recent post was from 2 minutes before close and was calling Alley out for taking an easy out.
What I meant was that the conversation just sort of fizzled out without any resolution.

• Hmm
Also, Im about to go to work and I have something important to claim before EoD.

Should I do it now or do I wait. Thats the question

• Wow
pretty-boy-detective-club-bishounen-tanteidan.gif

My anxious ass cant wait any longer.

Last Night I peeked @dyachei alignment. They are non village

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can you clarify the difference between “floating in goo” per everyone else and “not a town read” per Samac?
Yeah. samac I think is generally being seen as town by many, but I am currently not giving her a town read so I am clarifying that.
This is a hardclaim btw. No trick no gimmicks, my fighting abilities are the real deal.
Oh boy. @dyachei?

• Angry
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
I'm not opposed to voting dy but you'll forgive me not immediately jumping along.

I wanted to say that I think Stagg is super compatible with dya just looking at their progression of each other . And I think dya treated samac in a kinda pockety way so thats another thing that leaned me to think samac is just town

• Hmm
  • Care
I'm not opposed to voting dy but you'll forgive me not immediately jumping along.
Its okay, thats why I claimed it before EoD was super near and everyone has a chance to say their piece.

If dya is somehow 3p non scum Im sorry bit I think I'd still yeet them here

I wanted to say that I think Stagg is super compatible with dya just looking at their progression of each other . And I think dya treated samac in a kinda pockety way so thats another thing that leaned me to think samac is just town
Why did you pick dy as a target?

I pulled up the post and the wording was that two people tried to fight samac. So assuming she challenged someone and then two people wham-bam-boomed her, that would be three fights. Got a little lost in the sauce there.
Yeah 2 people tried to fight me.
I fought one person.

Why did you pick dy as a target?

Because no matter what they flip that would help me greatly to solve + they didnt feel like being nightkilled or sussed heavily the next day.

Its tragic because I was hoping for a villa peek and I feel dirty outing someone with an aff peek but beggars cant be chooser

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Because no matter what they flip that would help me greatly to solve + they didnt feel like being nightkilled or sussed heavily the next day.

Its tragic because I was hoping for a villa peek and I feel dirty outing someone with an aff peek but beggars cant be chooser
But why not go with one of the people you voiced suspicion of?

But why not go with one of the people you voiced suspicion of?
Because there wasnt strong sus on anyone that wasnt consensus on my part. Like peeking alley or cyndia would not be as effective.

Non villa peek> that slot would be likely to be yeeted if pushed
Villa peek> forcing me to out next day to shield them.

• Hmm
Haven't had time to go back and reread a bunch, but still want to. Also haven't been able to load the forums until now, so will answer a few questions.

Can I get a tldr on your thoughts about Hannibal and the game outcome/who was scum? I appreciate you reading it but I’m kinda getting lost in your post.
Sporty and Clem were serial killers, each killing on opposite nights (one on odds the other on evens). Zenge found them both by jailing them on the nights they were supposed to kill but only shared this for the Sporty jailing. It was a pretty mechanics heavy game, so lots of solving through that to the point that we were struggling to see options for final scum other than Clem. Despite that, Santy was arguing to keep Clem alive an extra day for some reason I'm still not sure of. Multiple people in that game (Samac, Santy, Zenge) were pushing reads harder in that game and have been more shift in this one imo. That said we had more concrete evidence in that game than usual, so not sure heavy comparisons between the two games are all that relevant.

• Wow
i am 3p and I didn't fight anyone yesterday because I tend to village side with 3p roles and I didnt have a good target
So you're plain fighter 3p? You need to survive to win?

• Hmm
Mathematically I'm wondering how it would work to have a neutral (if that is dy's role) in this game. Because with the general fighter villagers setup I've been assuming we have, then I figured 3 wolves/25%. A neutral throws that off. hm.

Also another thing I thought. Clem is prob one of the slots that was more likely to turn on dy if they were scum.

Maybe Im wrong but I remember clem pushing dy as scum in a game because of meta reasons that I didnt follow much. But Im assuming they know their meta more than the rest of us

• Hmm
Also another thing I thought. Clem is prob one of the slots that was more likely to turn on dy if they were scum.

Maybe Im wrong but I remember clem pushing dy as scum in a game because of meta reasons that I didnt follow much. But Im assuming they know their meta more than the rest of us
If it comes from mafia I'd still think that what weighs more in the decision making was probably scum feeling good and not as suspected and Clem dying maintained the status quo of sorts.

Dy being scum is just something that maybe is more positive for them than other slots, but in no way I think is the sole reason of why Clem died

AM TRIGGER WARNING; MECHANICS TALK

Interesting analysis. I interpreted it the same as Santy but I also wasn’t really surprised there was another/more fighters because it appears to be the default role. Seems totally possible for there to be role modifiers and plain ‘fighter’ is just a step up from a vanilla villager

Who tf are you fighting IRL?
At this point I assume everyone is a fighter of some sort, and that just "fighter" is vanilla. Idk if there is some relevance to the ranking system. I did not get anything for my current position and wonder if there is some sort of benefit to certain positions, but have no evidence of this either way.

I do martial arts with my kiddo and had class last night. It's kind of funny because I was/am a blackbelt in karate but only the masters/instructors at my current school know and I just started here a couple of months ago. I sparred with one of the upper level belts a few weeks ago and he figured out pretty quick I'd done this before. Some of the teenagers are still kind of clueless about why they can't touch the new guy in his 30's though, lol.

• Haha
What I meant was that the conversation just sort of fizzled out without any resolution.
I don't think Cyndia fizzled, I think her stance was pretty clear and Alley seemed to stop responding there. Which I think may be a good strategy to just leave it be instead of drawing more attention that close to vote close if they're worried about getting chopped.

Well then. Santy is lock town.
I think that's a bad assumption. I'll give him some points but basically hard-clearing isn't something I'd do...

Mathematically I'm wondering how it would work to have a neutral (if that is dy's role) in this game. Because with the general fighter villagers setup I've been assuming we have, then I figured 3 wolves/25%. A neutral throws that off. hm.
2 wolves + a 3p is completely reasonable for a basic 12 person game. We also don't know the extent of mechanics influence. This could be like pokemon redux where enough lost battles -> death. In which case it could be a smaller scum group or independent scum. Idk, but a 3p is definitely a possibility.

if you guys need to kill me so be it
What's your win condition?

If it comes from mafia I'd still think that what weighs more in the decision making was probably scum feeling good and not as suspected and Clem dying maintained the status quo of sorts.

Dy being scum is just something that maybe is more positive for them than other slots, but in no way I think is the sole reason of why Clem died
To clarify, are you saying you don't think Dy killed Clem/she's not the reason he died? This post sounds reasonable, and if true would mean we're basically nowhere from gamestart other than being down 2 villagers.

• Wow
I don't think Cyndia fizzled, I think her stance was pretty clear and Alley seemed to stop responding there. Which I think may be a good strategy to just leave it be instead of drawing more attention that close to vote close if they're worried about getting chopped.

I think that's a bad assumption. I'll give him some points but basically hard-clearing isn't something I'd do...

2 wolves + a 3p is completely reasonable for a basic 12 person game. We also don't know the extent of mechanics influence. This could be like pokemon redux where enough lost battles -> death. In which case it could be a smaller scum group or independent scum. Idk, but a 3p is definitely a possibility.

What's your win condition?

To clarify, are you saying you don't think Dy killed Clem/she's not the reason he died? This post sounds reasonable, and if true would mean we're basically nowhere from gamestart other than being down 2 villagers.
survive with 1 faction or the other

Nono.

Im stating that because of meta reasons, dyachei benefits a bit more with clem dying.

But also saying that reason alone is not compelling enough for mafia to make that kill.
And talk about Clem kill being to maintain a status quo of sorts being maybe the main reason

Did Cyndia pretend to not see or legit didnt see it?

Hmmm

• Hmm
She’s voting with me on alley
How do you feel about her alley vote?