Melee WW Game Thread-April 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
She’s voting with me on alley
How do you feel about her alley vote?
I think on a vaccuum makes me feel like alley is prob village.

But alley's posting doesnt vibe with me as villa so Im okay leaving them at neutral and reassesing later

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Page 14 thoughts. Had some concern about an interaction between Samac, Alley, and Zenge:

I don't like D1 MsP votes because they are misyeets so often, but she didn't give us anything to really go on.
It’s going to give us nothing.
But I don’t have a better answer
(Except for alley but I can’t do it)
Do you not agree with her Cyndia vote?
I mean not necessarily the vote itself but like Alley’s reasoning feels genuine to me.

Initially, this was part of why I was so concerned about Samac's "huh" statement. She was saying a MsP flip wouldn't give us anything pre-vote close, but then was surprised by her flipping village (I thought). Seemed like a subconscious slip to me, but if the "huh" was really just about the fighter role then this part isn't really relevant anymore.

However, the Zenge part concerns me a bit. It feels weird that he thought her "reasoning feels genuine". I guess if he's just claiming feelz then fine, but kind of seemed like a soft defense to keep a wagon from swinging to Alley.

Shortly before that, he had been on Clem up until 20 minutes before close because Dy came on and said they felt like Clem was normal Clem. Then switched his vote to me 1 minute before close saying he didn't like that I was voting Clem (while I was still catching up) despite him having been there 20 minutes earlier. Seemed like an excuse to put a vote on the board and stay off of the MsP and Alley wagons.

Cyndia had also been on Clem and switched to Alley, but Zenge then said he felt like Alley's reasoning for voting Cyndia was genuine. So why not switch to Cyndia? Could be a stretch, but I think an Alley/Zenge/Dy pack could be compatible (or any 2 of those 3 together). It would also make sense that Alley and Zenge wouldn't want to jump on the MsP wagon if Dy was already there and keep their votes spread out. I realize there wasn't much to go off for D1, but even without that the reasons for votes (especially Alley and Zenge) felt particularly weak and very plausible as manufactured reads.

• Hmm

But alley's posting doesnt vibe with me as villa so Im okay leaving them at neutral and reassesing later
After mulling it more townlean I'd say

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Page 14 thoughts. Had some concern about an interaction between Samac, Alley, and Zenge:

Initially, this was part of why I was so concerned about Samac's "huh" statement. She was saying a MsP flip wouldn't give us anything pre-vote close, but then was surprised by her flipping village (I thought). Seemed like a subconscious slip to me, but if the "huh" was really just about the fighter role then this part isn't really relevant anymore.

However, the Zenge part concerns me a bit. It feels weird that he thought her "reasoning feels genuine". I guess if he's just claiming feelz then fine, but kind of seemed like a soft defense to keep a wagon from swinging to Alley.

Shortly before that, he had been on Clem up until 20 minutes before close because Dy came on and said they felt like Clem was normal Clem. Then switched his vote to me 1 minute before close saying he didn't like that I was voting Clem (while I was still catching up) despite him having been there 20 minutes earlier. Seemed like an excuse to put a vote on the board and stay off of the MsP and Alley wagons.

Cyndia had also been on Clem and switched to Alley, but Zenge then said he felt like Alley's reasoning for voting Cyndia was genuine. So why not switch to Cyndia? Could be a stretch, but I think an Alley/Zenge/Dy pack could be compatible (or any 2 of those 3 together). It would also make sense that Alley and Zenge wouldn't want to jump on the MsP wagon if Dy was already there and keep their votes spread out. I realize there wasn't much to go off for D1, but even without that the reasons for votes (especially Alley and Zenge) felt particularly weak and very plausible as manufactured reads.
Question.

How is that after reading that Im claiming that dya is non village (a slot that you have neutral).

Your head goes to "Im going to check real quick this interaction between these 3 player totally unrelated to this" instead of just rechecking your read on me or dya?

Also just your approach and way of solving you admitted that relied on assuming most people were just wolves, but with dy you seem to entertain rather easily that they could be 3p?

Im having trouble with your focus on doing this work rn of all times tbh

• Hmm
But also Im superconfbiased on my dy+stagg worldview so anyone else is free to sanity check me

She’s voting with me on alley
How do you feel about her alley vote?
I missed this in my above assessment, apparently my brain just ignores naked votes. However, if Dy knew someone looked into them they could have voted Alley to create distance. That gets into mechanics talks about if actions are loud and how they are written though. So pop a bottle...

Question.

How is that after reading that Im claiming that dya is non village (a slot that you have neutral).

Your head goes to "Im going to check real quick this interaction between these 3 player totally unrelated to this" instead of just rechecking your read on me or dya?

Also just your approach and way of solving you admitted that relied on assuming most people were just wolves, but with dy you seem to entertain rather easily that they could be 3p?

Im having trouble with your focus on doing this work rn of all times tbh
I've had the page 14 thoughts since at least yesterday morning, just haven't put them on thread until now.

My read on Dy is now confused by your claim that she's non-village. I had her as a solid village lean prior to that and am not sure what to make of her being wolf vs 3p. I'm fine with an Alley or Dy flip today at this point with major side-eye toward Zenge. Dy flip would help me gauge you the most, so more likely leaning to shift there instead of Alley. Just having pause because I did feel good about her before that.

Reactions: 1 users

I’m stuck in this tunnel and i don’t think i can climb out.

• Sad
  • Care
Dance Kitty GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
you guys were getting too serious, I thought I'd break it up with some fun (also that video is what I use to calm the toddler during tantrums)

• Care
Ya know for some reason in my head I thought there were 10 people in this game and was thinking 2 wolves

There’s probably 3 with 12. Wheee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I wanted to go back and take a look at MKG’s posts and do a deep dive on the actual content.

Asks me how I feel about Samac and early sheep votes here:
no raccattacc if you answer this question: vibes on samacs entry and the sheepies?

Yeets Ms.P here:
maybe this will get things going

yeet msp

Asks Santy for PSV village read reasoning
can you talk about your feelings. specifically psv>a lot of people. like not saying shes MIA but idk shes not that high for me atm

Defends her MsP vote
she feels disjointed from thread if that makes sense

Continues to push Santy for village reading PSV
cause seriously the only major thing is that theres a wolf between zenge, samac, and I. which i would argue isnt impactful considering, for example, you dont agree with that based on your list.
like yes its d1 and people havent really shown up but its just interesting

Claims Ms.P “feels different”:
i mean usually shes a chronic low poster like me. this feels different

Asks Alley why she thinks PSV is village:
what from PSV stands out to you? like currently im not like “omg she is howling” but like, her presence here has not been screaming #1 villager to me

Continues to push Alley back from village reading PSV:
it seems too soon IMHO, like seriously she’s a good wolf and people are village reading her with very little to go on tbh, and what there is on thread doesnt actually scream villager to me

So what do we have here?

She asks me for a super early Samac read and thoughts about the first votes of the game.

She votes MsP and justifies it by saying MsP seems “disjointed from the thread” and “just feels different” which like… I’d beg to argue she really didn’t. This was like… classic Ms.P. Zero surprises.

And lastly she pushes Santy and Alley on their PSV village reads and tries to get them to reconsider and back away from that position. Which honestly feels a little trying to sow distrust and paranoia. It doesn’t feel like an attempt to build a village Blocc.

I honestly thought there would be more content, but this is really all there is outside of the fluff posts.

I think people may have been a little hasty with their early MKG village reads, and not being on this cycle has let her coast by without scrutiny. No more!

@mkg323 you look furry.

Yeet MKG

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Alley or cyndia I think.

Lets wait to see what ms p flips.

I feel good about dy and clem irt this EoD
I just don't really understand how Santy went from feeling good about dy to deciding they need to be aff-checked.
I think that's a bad assumption. I'll give him some points but basically hard-clearing isn't something I'd do...
Then don't do it! :)
2 wolves + a 3p is completely reasonable for a basic 12 person game. We also don't know the extent of mechanics influence. This could be like pokemon redux where enough lost battles -> death. In which case it could be a smaller scum group or independent scum. Idk, but a 3p is definitely a possibility.
2 wolves + a 3p, sure. I was talking about my assumption that there are three wolves and how dy's alleged 3p status affects that.
Can you clarify more - do you mean you have her in your neutrals, or are you giving her a non-town read?
As I stated, she isn't a wolf read. I'm just watching her.

• Hmm
I just don't really understand how Santy went from feeling good about dy to deciding they need to be aff-checked.
Then you still dont understand how and aff-check work . I didnt say I checked dy because I heavily sussed them and thought they were mafia.

To me, they were the best possible check just because either result was super good to solve further.

Okay, I wanted to go back and take a look at MKG’s posts and do a deep dive on the actual content.

Yeets Ms.P here:

Defends her MsP vote

So what do we have here?

She asks me for a super early Samac read and thoughts about the first votes of the game.

She votes MsP and justifies it by saying MsP seems “disjointed from the thread” and “just feels different” which like… I’d beg to argue she really didn’t. This was like… classic Ms.P. Zero surprises.

And lastly she pushes Santy and Alley on their PSV village reads and tries to get them to reconsider and back away from that position. Which honestly feels a little trying to sow distrust and paranoia. It doesn’t feel like an attempt to build a village Blocc.

I honestly thought there would be more content, but this is really all there is outside of the fluff posts.

I think people may have been a little hasty with their early MKG village reads, and not being on this cycle has let her coast by without scrutiny. No more!

@mkg323 you look furry.

Yeet MKG

Is that you, @Animal Midwife ?

• Haha
That mkg casing has the same vibes that when miranda was... Tracked? Or some other informative that put miranda as scum and zenge just went full obtuse about it and kept casing the church to be evil

Reactions: 2 users
That mkg casing has the same vibes that when miranda was... Tracked? Or some other informative that put miranda as scum and zenge just went full obtuse about it and kept casing the church to be evil
What?

>Informative catches a wolf on thread
> W!Zenge ignores it and is obtuse about it and starts casing something completely unrelated
This is assuming Dy is a wolf, which I think is worth a flip at this point. Zenge is in my PoE, but wouldn't go there yet. Maybe not even after Dy, but would have to reassess after that flip.

>Informative catches a wolf on thread
> W!Zenge ignores it and is obtuse about it and starts casing something completely unrelated
I’m not ignoring it. I was working on this before your reveal.

I’ll move to Dy at the end of the day if need be, but I don’t see how Dy’s non-town affiliation means we should stop wolf hunting and re-evaluating and pushing people.

• Hmm
This is assuming Dy is a wolf, which I think is worth a flip at this point. Zenge is in my PoE, but wouldn't go there yet. Maybe not even after Dy, but would have to reassess after that flip.
I know.

But still zenge reacted to my claim some minutes ago. And not adressing it at all to come out of the left field with tha MKG casing is just all the obtuseness that I expect from W!Zenge

• Wow
I’m not ignoring it. I was working on this before your reveal.

I’ll move to Dy at the end of the day if need be, but I don’t see how Dy’s non-town affiliation means we should stop wolf hunting and re-evaluating and pushing people.
You not even adressing it although you reacted to it does give red flag vibes tbh

I know.

But still zenge reacted to my claim some minutes ago. And not adressing it at all to come out of the left field with tha MKG casing is just all the obtuseness that I expect from W!Zenge
My reacting to it was my addressing it. I gave it a “wow”.

• Hmm
You not even adressing it although you reacted to it does give red flag vibes tbh
What more is there to say about it? I gave it a “Wow” and said I’ll vote Dy at EOD if there’s an issue with getting a yeet through.

I don’t see the problem with finishing my MKG ISO and analysis and trying to put a little pressure there in the meantime.

What more is there to say about it? I gave it a “Wow” and said I’ll vote Dy at EOD if there’s an issue with getting a yeet through.

I don’t see the problem with finishing my MKG ISO and analysis and trying to put a little pressure there in the meantime.
Dy has claimed to be 3p.

Do you believe it? You dont believe it? What are your thoughts about it and how does your view on the game change??

Like I feel its super important and just putting a react is not addresing it.

Dy has claimed to be 3p.

Do you believe it? You dont believe it? What are your thoughts about it and how does your view on the game change??

Like I feel its super important and just putting a react is not addresing it.
3p is still non-village and I’m not going to roll the dice on it being a friendly 3p if true. We have a confirmed not villager so it’s where I think we should yeet today.

But that’s essentially said and done at this point. I’d rather not waste the rest of the cycle not looking at future options, and I wasn’t going to delete my post about MKG when I was half way done with it.

I also think Dy/MK is compatible

• Hmm
ok but seriously, when i flip 3p I suspect there will still be 2 wolves for you to find. So why are people making posts about me/1 other? even if I were a wolf, there would likely be 3 wolves total.

Yeets Ms.P here:

Defends her MsP vote

So what do we have here?

@mkg323 you look furry.

Yeet MKG
Jennifer Lawrence Laughing GIF by Sony Pictures

i thought we were friends zenge fr fr

• Care
apologies i was holding a 24hr wake for my clinical year schedule, i am reading through this cycle atm

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
it was 24 hrs bc i didnt want yall to get too comfy and have yall expect me to highpost regularly ya know? keep those standards low lol

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Then you still dont understand how and aff-check work . I didnt say I checked dy because I heavily sussed them and thought they were mafia.

To me, they were the best possible check just because either result was super good to solve further.
No, I do understand how it works. I'm saying I would've expected you to check someone in your stated PoE. I understand your reasoning for checking dy and clearly it was effective since they're admittedly non-village.

Fight Cat GIF

but I'll knock her out of the ring anyway

who am i kidding, she's like all muscle from aerials. She'd kick my butt

• Haha