LIU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if we haven’t heard anything and interviewed on the 9th is that bad news ?

So if we haven’t heard anything and interviewed on the 9th is that bad news ?
I don’t think necessarily. In the past years, they have sent out acceptances in a couple of rounds, a few days apart even.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at last years posts and they did multiple waves of acceptance letters but I wish they communicated with us more about what to expect :( Cause I think if we're not accepted then we're all on the waist list

Reactions: 1 user
OOS acceptance but I will be declining my seat as I got into my in-state school. Hopefully, someone will be receiving an acceptance letter soon.

So if we interviewed but didn't get accepted yesterday does that mean rejection/waitlist most probably?

So if we interviewed but didn't get accepted yesterday does that mean rejection/waitlist most probably?
Idk cause for last year they had a second wave of acceptance letters that went out the following week

Hi! Does anyone know what provisional accreditation means? Are there any downsides? Also does anyone know if they have teaching hospitals? From my understanding they do not - can any LIU student give their experiences surrounding fourth year/rotations/gaining clinical experience?

Do any current LIU students have an accepted students checklist for things to make sure I have or buy?

Hi! Does anyone know what provisional accreditation means? Are there any downsides? Also does anyone know if they have teaching hospitals? From my understanding they do not - can any LIU student give their experiences surrounding fourth year/rotations/gaining clinical experience?
So from what I have looked at the school is able to receive accredidation after their first inaugural class receives their NAVLE scores so the programs pass rate can be calculated. That class just took the NAVLE Dec 2023, so provided things went well their status will change? All of the rules for accredidation seem a little wishy-washy and confusing, so for those interested, here is the link with more info: Click here

This link is a bit more helpful:
Pathways to Accreditation with Flowchart
... and based on this it appears that they will gain accredidation soon? Hopefully this is somewhat helpful lol

This AVMA Journal might be helpful too: LIU Feb 2023

We should definitely make a group on some social media! If anyone wants to chat I'm open to snapchat (it's old dont judge the name) cooookiez
I'd love if we could make a big group and get to know eachother! 100 people is not a lot so im sure we'll all be close by the end :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping for today but it doesn’t seem like it 😭 I hope they aren’t finished sending them
Me too this stinks I'm trying not to get my hopes up but idk I feel like LIU is just so unpredictable 🙃

Sad Movie Ugly Cry GIF by Debbie Ridpath Ohi

Reactions: 2 users
I didn’t see a group chat for this class so I thought I would start one until the Facebook page became available. I can’t wait to meet you all in the Fall!

You're invited to my new group 'LIU C/O 2028!' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Do people still think that those who interviewed but haven't heard back still have a chance or getting an acceptance or are they just taking this time to decide who to reject and who to put on the waitlist/ where on the waitlist...?

Do people still think that those who interviewed but haven't heard back still have a chance or getting an acceptance or are they just taking this time to decide who to reject and who to put on the waitlist/ where on the waitlist...?
One of the people I know said they got accepted Thursday but they knew someone who had received a rejection that day as well

I emailed someone from admissions and they said if you interviewed you will be receiving information from the VMCAS in the next few days

I emailed someone from admissions and they said if you interviewed you will be receiving information from the VMCAS in the next few days
From VMCAS? That’s weird. Glad to hear it’ll be soon though!

That’s all the person said. Not much info. I thought VMCAS was odd too

That’s all the person said. Not much info. I thought VMCAS was odd too
Would you be able to post a screenshot or copy-paste what they said?

Yes they interviewed and were given a rejection. I know two people who received acceptances and 1 who hasn’t heard back yet either.

15min till 5pm EST. Does that mean that we’ll definitely hear tomorrow if we haven’t already? Or do people think we’ll probably have to wait till next week…

15min till 5pm EST. Does that mean that we’ll definitely hear tomorrow if we haven’t already? Or do people think we’ll probably have to wait till next week…
I wish they gave some sort of timeline. Rolling acceptances are so frustrating, especially when there is no communication at all :(

I’m really hoping they tell us tomorrow and don’t make us wait until next week

It's fine I'm just gonna cry myself to sleep again 🥲

I've drafted an email to send to them asking about an update for those who have interviewed but haven't heard anything but I'm a bit nervous... like would that put me in any sort of bad light? I know its just an inquiry but I can't help but overthink this a little.

Edit: I'm thinking those of us who haven't heard should just be patient-- during interviews they said they'd release decisions beginning of Feb so maybe we should give them at least until the beginning of the month before we start inquiring further.

Last edited:
I've drafted an email to send to them asking about an update for those who have interviewed but haven't heard anything but I'm a bit nervous... like would that put me in any sort of bad light? I know its just an inquiry but I can't help but overthink this a little.

Edit: I'm thinking those of us who haven't heard should just be patient-- during interviews they said they'd release decisions beginning of Feb so maybe we should give them at least until the beginning of the month before we start inquiring further.
Did they say beginning of February? I thought they just said February

I wonder what the deadline was for decisions that they gave the people they accepted. Like the last day they can accept their seat. That would probably give us an idea of when we would hear back?

I wonder what the deadline was for decisions that they gave the people they accepted. Like the last day they can accept their seat. That would probably give us an idea of when we would hear back?

Decision day (April 15th) was the deadline I was given on my acceptance.

Has anyone gotten any information about dates? Like the first day of classes and winter break and such?