LIU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogtortori

LIU C/O 2028
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thought I'd start this thread because I actually got accepted to LIU for C/O 2027, but deferred due to extenuating circumstances so I will be attending in August 2024. If anyone has any questions about the application process or is looking for a roommate for next year (I'm looking to live in a 2 bed/2 bath) feel free to reach out to me! I'm also happy to look over any personal statements or give any vmcas tips since I already went through the entire process a year ago :) good luck everyone and so excited to get to know my future fellow classmates!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! Thought I'd start this thread because I actually got accepted to LIU for C/O 2027, but deferred due to extenuating circumstances so I will be attending in August 2024. If anyone has any questions about the application process or is looking for a roommate for next year (I'm looking to live in a 2 bed/2 bath) feel free to reach out to me! I'm also happy to look over any personal statements or give any vmcas tips since I already went through the entire process a year ago :) good luck everyone and so excited to get to know my future fellow classmates!
Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've tried emailing them with an application question but haven't heard back - does anyone know if there's an email address other than [email protected] that I should try? Thanks!

Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk? Thank you in advance.
i live in queens which is fairly close to LIU! long island is more of a city town vibe compared to NYC, but there r still buses around, but not as often as the ones in NYC. i definitely think a car would make things easier!

I've tried emailing them with an application question but haven't heard back - does anyone know if there's an email address other than [email protected] that I should try? Thanks!
I would email again. Sometimes it takes a few attempts to get a response.

First time OOS, good luck everyone!

When I emailed about deferring I did not get a response until I called CVM admissions, their number is on their 'contact us' page, (516) 299-2436. I am officially deferred, part of class of 28! Very excited to meet everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I just finished my first week at LIU. Let me know if you have any questions. I’d be happy to answer them!

They definitely put you right into the work, but it was what I expected tbh. Lectures are back-to-back with an hour break from 12-1 PM. Also, we mostly end at like 3/5 PM.
Doable or overwhelming?

Third time applicant and this is my first time applying to LIU!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if we can use what we put in the experience section on vmcas for the required CV/resume

does anyone know if we can use what we put in the experience section on vmcas for the required CV/resume
I did because I'm not sure what else it would consist of

Hey all, current 2nd year at LIU. Feel to reach out with any questions!

If any current students can touch on the traveling/driving burden for clinical/4th-year, I'd be super interested to hear more about that. I know LIU sends 4th-year students to a variety of clinical locations, but I'm curious as to how difficult this is to manage when living in NYC.

This is my second cycle applying, first time applying to LIU! Good luck to everyone!

I somehow just noticed that prereqs expire after 6 years on LIU's website. Does anyone know how strict they are on this? Mine are all bunched together but there's several from the 2016-2018 range and I'm wondering if it's even worth asking them about as it's totally my fault for not looking closely enough.

I somehow just noticed that prereqs expire after 6 years on LIU's website. Does anyone know how strict they are on this? Mine are all bunched together but there's several from the 2016-2018 range and I'm wondering if it's even worth asking them about as it's totally my fault for not looking closely enough.
I reached out myself about this last month, and they responded that they will accept any prerequisite taken back to the Fall 2017 semester while English composition is the only exception to this rule

I reached out myself about this last month, and they responded that they will accept any prerequisite taken back to the Fall 2017 semester while English composition is the only exception to this rule
Thanks for the info, I still have 3 assigned that fall outside of that 🤦🏻‍♀️ Guess I’ll be contacting them.

Thanks for the info, I still have 3 assigned that fall outside of that 🤦🏻‍♀️ Guess I’ll be contacting them.
For sure! And good luck 🤞

I have to say that although I can understand why some schools have it in place, that 6 year expiration rule is kind of a bummer for older applicants.

I have to say that although I can understand why some schools have it in place, that 6 year expiration rule is kind of a bummer for older applicants.
Some schools have a 10 year rule, which seems more reasonable. Always contact the school because sometimes they will make exceptions.

Thank you! And yeah for real, I graduated in 2020 and already feel old. I emailed them so we'll see! Hoping for the best, KSU has the same rule and they said they'd count it all as valid because I took a lot of the latter parts of the course sequences within that timeframe

Has anyone received any correspondence regarding them receiving their application or a link to create a portal?

If any current students can touch on the traveling/driving burden for clinical/4th-year, I'd be super interested to hear more about that. I know LIU sends 4th-year students to a variety of clinical locations, but I'm curious as to how difficult this is to manage when living in NYC.
Current 2nd year, so my info is a bit limited. LIU CVM is located on Long Island, so we are about an hour outside of the city. There are some mandatory rotations while others are elective during your 4th year. You have the opportunity to rank your preferences for rotations and locations. You are not limited to stay in NY by any means. There is a list of affiliates on our website if you wanna look more into it. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Has anyone received any correspondence regarding them receiving their application or a link to create a portal?
I applied last cycle so things may change for this year, but there was no application portal for me. I received an email to an MMI interview in December, interviewed in January, got waitlisted in April, and then accepted off the waitlist 9 days later. There was minimal communication from them so just expect to wait around a lot!

I applied last cycle so things may change for this year, but there was no application portal for me. I received an email to an MMI interview in December, interviewed in January, got waitlisted in April, and then accepted off the waitlist 9 days later. There was minimal communication from them so just expect to wait around a lot!
Thank you!

Nope! I’m also having a terrible time getting in contact with them, I’ve sent like three follow up emails on something fairly time sensitive and still no response after their initial reply

Nope! I’m also having a terrible time getting in contact with them, I’ve sent like three follow up emails on something fairly time sensitive and still no response after their initial reply
Their inbox is going to be flooded right now. I recommend calling! It should also help to individualize your application (hopefully in a positive way), putting a voice with your application! :) goodluck!

Has anyone reached out about when they will get back to us about updates?

Last year they sent the interview notice mid December, I think I got my invite to interview on December 16th, hope this helps :)

Hi! Were you OOS or IS? Thank you!
LIU is private, there are no IS or OOS. Every seat is fair game for any people of any residence, so they don't take residency into consideration at all.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Does anyone know when they are planning to send out the interview invites? It looks like last year they only sent out one wave. Thank you!

Hi! Does anyone know when they are planning to send out the interview invites? It looks like last year they only sent out one wave. Thank you!
I called them this morning and they said that they were still working on applications and we should hear something in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 5 users
OOS interview invite! I needed this after two rejections!