LIU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they made a Facebook page for 2028? cause then we could see how many people joined
I think theres a group me and you can see how many members are in it - but I doubt everyones in there

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how fast LIU waitlist usually moves once past the decision day?

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who are OOS, are you able to share how you’re going to be able to pay for cost of living 😭 Long Island is definitely NOT cheap and with the costs of vet school on top of that I’m curious how you all are going to do it! I’m still figuring out how I’m going to do it myself lol

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who are OOS, are you able to share how you’re going to be able to pay for cost of living 😭 Long Island is definitely NOT cheap and with the costs of vet school on top of that I’m curious how you all are going to do it! I’m still figuring out how I’m going to do it myself lol
Native long islander here. You have to take into account that everything is expensive here, not just rent. Food and groceries too, gas has been coming down though so that is good. A lot of the current students rent houses with 3-4 bedrooms and split that. Even then don't expect to pay anything less than 1,000-1500 for rent in a shared house. Some live on campus but I heard that is not recommended as it's expensive and not enjoyable. Housing in the general vicinity of the school is going to be insanely expensive, as Brookville is a very affluent area with big money. Try to broaden your scope to housing that will be in other towns, sometimes even 20-30 min away. I have students that live in Commack, Mineola, Glen Cove, Westbury, Dix Hills which are all within 25 miles. If you have any questions on decent areas to live feel free to message me I would be happy to help out.

Reactions: 2 users
Native long islander here. You have to take into account that everything is expensive here, not just rent. Food and groceries too, gas has been coming down though so that is good. A lot of the current students rent houses with 3-4 bedrooms and split that. Even then don't expect to pay anything less than 1,000-1500 for rent in a shared house. Some live on campus but I heard that is not recommended as it's expensive and not enjoyable. Housing in the general vicinity of the school is going to be insanely expensive, as Brookville is a very affluent area with big money. Try to broaden your scope to housing that will be in other towns, sometimes even 20-30 min away. I have students that live in Commack, Mineola, Glen Cove, Westbury, Dix Hills which are all within 25 miles. If you have any questions on decent areas to live feel free to message me I would be happy to help out.
Thank you so much! This gives me a great insight into how to prepare financially :)

Thank you for the advice! If someone does choose to like 25-30 mins away, is there veterinary student parking available at the university?

Thank you for the advice! If someone does choose to like 25-30 mins away, is there veterinary student parking available at the university?
Yes there’s parking! It’s not for vet students specifically because the vet building is incorporated to the undergrad campus, but there’s a lot of parking. The closer lots get full fast throughout the day but the campus is pretty small so you can walk anywhere from your parking spot within 5 min or so.

Does anyone know if LIU sent out letters other than the "congratulations on being in the top ranked..." And the "Bottom half" letters? Like is there a middle group or is it just the top half and bottom half?

Reactions: 1 users
Just took my name off of the OOS waitlist and I was in the top half! Good luck to all of you who are still on the waitlist! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just declined my OOS seat! Hope this leads to good news for someone!

Reactions: 5 users
Just declined my OOS seat. Hope someone gets good news soon

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know about how many people are on the waitlist?

I think they interview 400 people, accept 150 for 100 seats, and then everyone else is on the waitlist....I think that's how they've been doing it

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I’d love to be added to the admitted student GroupMe or start a facebook group if anyone is interested!

Hey guys I’d love to be added to the admitted student GroupMe or start a facebook group if anyone is interested!
You're invited to my new group 'LIU C/O 2028!' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Try this and I’ll let you in. We get a lot of bots so I may have accidentally denied you thinking you were a bot. I’m sorry, but I’ll add you!

Does anyone know if they released the official FB page yet? (Trying to get an idea of how many people committed)

Does anyone know how many people are in the GroupMe? Maybe that could give those who are waitlisted some idea...

Does anyone know how many people are in the GroupMe? Maybe that could give those who are waitlisted some idea...
There's 23 people as of now!

And does anyone know if there's an accepted student's day for the vet school yet?

There's 23 people as of now!

And does anyone know if there's an accepted student's day for the vet school yet?
There is one for this Saturday for vet students. We got an email last week about it. I don’t know if they will have any more.

After receiving an acceptance, does LIU require a certain final semester gpa or just what they ask for prerequisites?

For the people who went to acceptanced students day today, roughly how many people would you say went to the event?

For the people who went to acceptanced students day today, roughly how many people would you say went to the event?
Maybe 30 possible accepted students? I don’t know if all accepted have put their deposit down?
My tour guide did mention that most of their class was from the waitlist. She also mentioned that we should get a list of supplies in June/July.

You're invited to my new group 'LIU C/O 2028!' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Try this and I’ll let you in. We get a lot of bots so I may have accidentally denied you thinking you were a bot. I’m sorry, but I’ll add you!
Hi I just sent a request to join the GroupMe! I’m originally from class of 2027 but due to unforeseen circumstances in my life I couldn’t finish the semester, so I am retaking a few classes this semester!! I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about the school, the city, housing etc. I know it’s hard to navigate. I also have lots of notes and study guides + the textbooks you’ll need if anyone would like to get a headstart this summer!

We should definitely make a group on some social media! If anyone wants to chat I'm open to snapchat (it's old dont judge the name) cooookiez
I'd love if we could make a big group and get to know eachother! 100 people is not a lot so im sure we'll all be close by the end :)

Sent u a request! I think someone made a GroupMe

These last few days of waiting are so painful

I know. I’m really hoping they send out quite a few offers on Tuesday!
Me too this is the only school I care about going to I want to get in so badly

not yet and i was in top half. not sure how deep the list is or if they just havent sent emails out yet.
Same I'm in the top half too. I called them and asked when they were releasing the waitlist and they said they would email me back with that information.....

not yet and i was in top half. not sure how deep the list is or if they just havent sent emails out yet.
Same I'm in the top half too. I called them and asked when they were releasing the waitlist and they said they would email me back with that information.....

i thought they said in the waitlist email that they start taking people off today

i thought they said in the waitlist email that they start taking people off today
They did. And I feel like if they did start taking people off, at least one person would have said something on here

It looks like on last year's forum, people said they were notified starting on April 18th

Like what do they mean they’ll email you with that information? So confusing :(
I know, you would think since they told us a day already they would stick to that day.... especially since they know we're all waiting...

I know, you would think since they told us a day already they would stick to that day.... especially since they know we're all waiting...
Could still happen later today! Hopefully

Could still happen later today! Hopefully
That's true it's just ugh I feel like they usually send out important emails like that in the morning. So I'm feeling a little discouraged but let's see what happens I guess!!! Hopefully all good things!!

That's true it's just ugh I feel like they usually send out important emails like that in the morning. So I'm feeling a little discouraged but let's see what happens I guess!!! Hopefully all good things!!
I know me too. I’m so anxious to hear back. Hopefully they email you with an update

I know me too. I’m so anxious to hear back. Hopefully they email you with an update
Me too the lady I spoke with said later today or tomorrow.... But as soon as I hear back I'll post the email on here!!!

It looks like on last year's forum, people said they were notified starting on April 18th
Last year the 15th was a saturday though, so maybe why it took a few days to hear back

I will be taking my name off the waitlist! I was in the top half. I am hoping y’all start getting calls soon!