I want my application to be viewed as early as possible. Are June dates for Preview and Casper too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1056062

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do you have to take a separate test from the MCAT called Casper? for most md schools?

So I'm originally scheduled to take Preview this month, but I think I may want to push it back a month due to not having the amount of time I wanted to study for it. Only a few schools on my list require Preview. Will this delay the review of my application for the schools that don't require/recommend Preview? In other words, if I don't yet have a Preview score but indicate on AMCAS that I am taking it in July, will non-Preview schools still want to see what that score is before inviting me for an interview?

So I'm originally scheduled to take Preview this month, but I think I may want to push it back a month due to not having the amount of time I wanted to study for it. Only a few schools on my list require Preview. Will this delay the review of my application for the schools that don't require/recommend Preview? In other words, if I don't yet have a Preview score but indicate on AMCAS that I am taking it in July, will non-Preview schools still want to see what that score is before inviting me for an interview?

Please move this thread to the Casper/SJT forum.

You don't have to study the same way you have to prepare for the MCAT, but you should have to prepare for the format.

Unfortunately information on schools' usage of PREview results is haphazard, so presume it will be used as designed. That is to say, act like the score is required for interview consideration just like the MCAT. Indicating you have a pending score for the MCAT or Preview may put your file on hold until the scores come in.

Non-Preview schools should not use your scores.