PREview and CASPER - Test dates and auto-transmit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maikelm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to get some input on the PREview and CASPER tests, in relation to my 2024 AMCAS application. Both tests have many dates throughout the year. I already reviewed my school list and many schools require either test.

1) If I complete these tests in August 2023, will the results get transmitted directly to the schools?
2) Would my application go "on hold" until the scores are received?
3) How feasible is it to review these tests in between working full time and take a college course?

Thanks in advance
Maikel

Members don't see this ad.

1) If I complete these tests in August 2023, will the results get transmitted directly to the schools?
Yes. AMCAS PREview has posted a schedule when your scores should be reported within AMCAS. It's similar to the schedule for MCAT score release. @Acuity Insights (please confirm) should release Casper quartiles to you and the z-score to the schools within 3-4 weeks of the test date.
2) Would my application go "on hold" until the scores are received?
Yes for Casper programs. The PREview schools likely would put them on hold if the scores were going to be used for screening for interview eligibility. If they are using them for offer eligibility, then naturally the answer is no, but your file may more likely be placed in a hold for decision until the score comes in by their next file review date (at the adcom).
3) How feasible is it to review these tests in between working full time and take a college course?
Read the HPSA SJT Experience Survey results. Most people really took about 2-3 weeks to become familiar with the format of each assessment's questions and timing. You don't have much to "study" other than the testing format and getting the proper space and technology to take the test in private for 2 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just to chime in - does that mean most schools that recommend or require PREview do not need the scores to review your primary and send you their secondary? For example, if I'm taking Preview on June 14th, will my primary be on hold for those schools until PREview scores are received (so around mid July)?

Just to chime in - does that mean most schools that recommend or require PREview do not need the scores to review your primary and send you their secondary? For example, if I'm taking Preview on June 14th, will my primary be on hold for those schools until PREview scores are received (so around mid July)?
Treat the timing of receipt of pending PREview scorers to be similar to receiving pending MCAT scores. Many schools will send you secondary applications when they receive your initial AMCAS application, and they will go through pre-screening and screening while you are completing your secondary application. For most schools, everything (AMCAS, MCAT, PREview/Casper, secondary, maybe LOR's, maybe Kira Talent if it is used) must be completed for review for interview invitations.

Similarly if a school states it will not advance your application for II until they receive an MCAT or PREview score, it should be noted on the admissions website.

Read