Atlantic Bridge 2020 Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fellow Matriculants in Montreal that need vaccinations/vaccination forms done by May 1st: 514vaccins for medical students is $60. With the COVID-19 situation, all the CLSC nurse appointments are cancelled for the next 3 weeks and if not cancelled, it takes 2 months to see them and they need to see you twice for the forms.

514vaccins INC

475, Boul. de la Côte Vertu

Ville St-Laurent, QC, H4L 1X7

Tel: 514-822-2467, fax: 514-337-6023

Courriel: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I sent Atlantic Bridge an email and got the response that due to COVID-19, they are working remotely. And, they are no longer taking applications for 2020 Entry.

I sent Atlantic Bridge an email and got the response that due to COVID-19, they are working remotely. And, they are no longer taking applications for 2020 Entry.

so those who applied will get withdrawn?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I was just accepted into Galway through Atlantic Bridge for their 5 year program today for Fall 2020. I was wondering if anyone else was accepted?
Congrats, that's amazing!! I emailed AB today and they said they were going through it and we should be expecting offers within the next couple of weeks (for both Galway and TCD).

Would you mind sharing your stats?

I was accepted to Galway a couple of hours ago. I'm declining the offer; hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Today UCC had a webinar. They mentioned that for 5-year entry, the required GPA is 3.7. For 4-year, GPA is 3.3 with a MCAT of 504.

Congrats, that's amazing!! I emailed AB today and they said they were going through it and we should be expecting offers within the next couple of weeks (for both Galway and TCD).

Would you mind sharing your stats?
I am American, 3.67 GPA, research experience for 3 years, volunteering for 4+ years at various places, and shadowing experience. No MCAT taken

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone is planning on going to NUI Galway let me know! I want to start a facebook group or groupchat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted into the 5 year program at Cork?

Today UCC had a webinar. They mentioned that for 5-year entry, the required GPA is 3.7. For 4-year, GPA is 3.3 with a MCAT of 504.
do you have the link for the recorded webinar? I want to view it please!!

Hey everyone! I was hoping to get some insight into my chances for Ireland schools (and medical school in general). I am a Canadian applicant with a cGPA of 3.7, however my science GPA is not that great due to first year being a bit rough. I am finishing up my fourth year of undergrad in health science with a minor in classics and applied to TCD and NUIG for the 5 year programs.

I have worked for 5 years at a tutoring institution, worked as an assistant at a hospice office, research lab, local charity and a youth camp.

I work with a local neighbourhood charity for at-risk youth throughout the year and this will be my fourth year helping out. Within the charity I volunteer as a basketball coach during the summer for younger kids. I also do volunteering at an adult day program for individuals diagnosed with early dementia. Within my university I held various leadership positions in clubs.

I did a research project this year, developed a manuscript for it and submitted an abstract for publication with my supervisor. This also gave me an opportunity to shadow an outpatient amputee clinic.

If I don't get in this cycle, my plan is to do a Master's program with the same supervisor, retake my MCAT to improve my score and apply for 2022 matriculation. I'm also curious to see what everyone else is planning if they do not get in this cycle?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance! I'm just starting to get antsy waiting for responses :(

Hey everyone! I was hoping to get some insight into my chances for Ireland schools (and medical school in general). I am a Canadian applicant with a cGPA of 3.7, however my science GPA is not that great due to first year being a bit rough. I am finishing up my fourth year of undergrad in health science with a minor in classics and applied to TCD and NUIG for the 5 year programs.

I have worked for 5 years at a tutoring institution, worked as an assistant at a hospice office, research lab, local charity and a youth camp.

I work with a local neighbourhood charity for at-risk youth throughout the year and this will be my fourth year helping out. Within the charity I volunteer as a basketball coach during the summer for younger kids. I also do volunteering at an adult day program for individuals diagnosed with early dementia. Within my university I held various leadership positions in clubs.

I did a research project this year, developed a manuscript for it and submitted an abstract for publication with my supervisor. This also gave me an opportunity to shadow an outpatient amputee clinic.

If I don't get in this cycle, my plan is to do a Master's program with the same supervisor, retake my MCAT to improve my score and apply for 2022 matriculation. I'm also curious to see what everyone else is planning if they do not get in this cycle?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance! I'm just starting to get antsy waiting for responses :(
Hi there from my perspective your stats look great, however I say that with the caveat that I truly have no idea- I was just an applicant who was accepted this cycle. I was accepted to RCSI with an undergraduate GPA of 3.3 and a MS GPA 3.8. I did my masters in Global Medicine and most of my experiences fall into the category of global or psychological care- or both. I was wondering if you submitted your application already or have not because it seems like they are no longer accepting new applications. I just wanted to give you the heads up. If not, best of luck!! You are an amazing applicant and they would be lucky to have you!***

Edited I see that you're waiting for responses. I wish you luck I think you make a great applicant!

Hi there from my perspective your stats look great, however I say that with the caveat that I truly have no idea- I was just an applicant who was accepted this cycle. I was accepted to RCSI with an undergraduate GPA of 3.3 and a MS GPA 3.8. I did my masters in Global Medicine and most of my experiences fall into the category of global or psychological care- or both. I was wondering if you submitted your application already or have not because it seems like they are no longer accepting new applications. I just wanted to give you the heads up. If not, best of luck!! You are an amazing applicant and they would be lucky to have you!***

Edited I see that you're waiting for responses. I wish you luck I think you make a great applicant!

Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it! I would have loved to apply to RCSI this cycle however I felt that my MCAT was too low :( Congratulations on your acceptance!! Good luck to you if you decide to accept your offer :)

Hello! I was just accepted into Galway through Atlantic Bridge for their 5 year program today for Fall 2020. I was wondering if anyone else was accepted?
Hi! Yes! I was just accepted on Thursday evening to the NUIG 5 year program!

Hi! Yes! I was just accepted on Thursday evening to the NUIG 5 year program!
Awesome! I was wondering if there was any way for us to connect? Maybe to just have someone I know before going. That is if you are deciding to go there!

Awesome! I was wondering if there was any way for us to connect? Maybe to just have someone I know before going. That is if you are deciding to go there!
Sure! Message me and we can get set up on Facebook!

congrats!!!! Would you mind sharing ur stats?
Sure! I'm just completing an honours degree in Health Sciences right now in Canada at the University of Ottawa. I have a 3.3CGPA (low first two years) and I did not write the MCAT! I have over 2 years of volunteering (300+ hours) at a pediatric hospice, I have completed an advanced level research project, have worked in a research setting at the local children's hospital, I am on the volunteer advisory committee at the hospice and I founded and have been apart of a charity run for the past 3 years.

I think what gave me a leg up possibly was that my ECs and references were very good, in light of my GPA not being amazing.

Is anyone else here planning to attend the six-year undergraduate med program at UCD?

My admissions officer said that all offers were issued for UCD, NUIG, and TCD, and they are expected to make additional offers next month.

My admissions officer said that all offers were issued for UCD, NUIG, and TCD, and they are expected to make additional offers next month.

Do you know if it was for the 5 or 6 year programs? My officer said NUIG and TCD are still working through it and will have offers out within the next few weeks.

Do you know if it was for the 5 or 6 year programs? My officer said NUIG and TCD are still working through it and will have offers out within the next few weeks.
As I understand it (re: my counselor), the first round of invitations are still being extended for both TCD and NUIG (5 yr)

Reactions: 1 users
I think this is for the 5-year program, not sure about the 6 year.

Has anyone called, emailed, or heard anything about how covid-19 might be affecting schools opening in September? I heard schools are shut down until September and am uncertain if that means we will have a delayed start...

Reactions: 1 users
hey! thanks for the update, do you know if this will include offers to the late applicants as well (mid March but prior to the deadline)?

I might just be unnecessarily stressing, but I just submitted my acceptance documents for the UCC GEM Program (I waited until the last possible day as I was still waiting to hear back from other schools), and I just received an automatic response from Atlantic Bridge saying to wait two days for a response due to the COVID-19 Office closure.

Does that mean that I'll lose my offer, since they might not see my acceptance documents until two days from now?

Thank you! I applied in September 2019, and I got an offer early March 2020 after my interview a couple weeks prior.
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing stats? Also are you a high school student or in undergrad?

I might just be unnecessarily stressing, but I just submitted my acceptance documents for the UCC GEM Program (I waited until the last possible day as I was still waiting to hear back from other schools), and I just received an automatic response from Atlantic Bridge saying to wait two days for a response due to the COVID-19 Office closure.

Does that mean that I'll lose my offer, since they might not see my acceptance documents until two days from now?

should be fine. I did the same thing.

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing stats? Also are you a high school student or in undergrad?
I am a first year undergrad student with a 3.8 GPA, volunteer experience at the hospital and a part time piano teacher.

I’ve been waitlisted at RCSI and am still waiting to hear back on their final decision. Does anyone know if admissions process has been delayed due to covid19? When can I expect to hear back from them? Hoping to hear back soon, this wait is driving me crazy

I’ve been waitlisted at RCSI and am still waiting to hear back on their final decision. Does anyone know if admissions process has been delayed due to covid19? When can I expect to hear back from them? Hoping to hear back soon, this wait is driving me crazy
Hey, when did you apply? and when did you hear back?

Hey everyone! I got my conditional offer from UCD yesterday. Just waiting to hear back from Cork and RCSI. Does anyone know when I can expect to hear back from those two schools?
Hi there, is your offer from UCD for the GEM program?