Atlantic Bridge 2020 Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from TCD yet? :)
Not yet! They are currently reviewing and should have it out within the next few weeks for first round offers. Last year TCD started sending out offers March 29

Members don't see this ad.

Limerick is sending out interview invites for another two weeks!

I have an interview for UCD ! Can anyone share some tips for the interview, or share their experience with it? I've never done one before so am unsure of what they may ask, or expect?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview for UCD ! Can anyone share some tips for the interview, or share their experience with it? I've never done one before so am unsure of what they may ask, or expect?
Congratulations! When did you apply?

Hey has anyone received any admission offers from UCD, Galway, and RCSI Bahrain for the 6 year medicine program

Hey! has anyone who applied to five year or six year programs, in March, heard back from any schools yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite from Limerick today! Anyone know what the format of the interview is? In the email, all they said was that it will take approximately 30 min

Has anyone been able to find a list of residency placements from UCD? I got accepted there and am considering going but am quite concerned about matching and getting a job after..

Hey has anyone received any admission offers from UCD, Galway, and RCSI Bahrain for the 6 year medicine program

I received one from UCD! Haven’t heard from the other two yet.

Last edited:
I just received an email from TCD saying my "Your portal has been updated." Does anyone know how to login to the portal/create an account?

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to find a list of residency placements from UCD? I got accepted there and am considering going but am quite concerned about matching and getting a job after..
They do not give out individual match results but rather, an aggregated list of residency matches without student names. I believe you can check those on the website of Atlantic Bridge.

Last edited:
They do not give out individual match results but rather, an aggregate list of residency matches without student names. I believe you can check those on the website of Atlantic Bridge.
912EDFF6-2EB2-4E02-B208-6B7DBDC321BD.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
lol did you get this document from me? Anyone that wants those PPTs for match strategies from my friend who's a Limerick graduate now an IM resident can message me and leave your email/or leave your email address here. I will email them to you.

Just accepted to Trinity this morning! I was wondering if anyone had insight to the following:

1.) I am not concerned about the length of the program (5yr) compared to the other 4 year programs. I am however a little worried about is being in a class where the majority of students are just out of high school. Is everyone here that is applying to trinity finishing their undergrad this year?

2.) I havent found any info on USMLE practice or residency placements on their website. It also doesnt appear that they do clinical rotations in the US. Has anyone heard different?

3.) any idea where I can talk to current students?

I honestly havent looked into Trinity too much since I sort of applied on a whim!

Just accepted to Trinity this morning! I was wondering if anyone had insight to the following:

1.) I am not concerned about the length of the program (5yr) compared to the other 4 year programs. I am however a little worried about is being in a class where the majority of students are just out of high school. Is everyone here that is applying to trinity finishing their undergrad this year?

2.) I havent found any info on USMLE practice or residency placements on their website. It also doesnt appear that they do clinical rotations in the US. Has anyone heard different?

I honestly havent looked into Trinity too much since I sort of applied on a whim!

Congratulations! I also applied for the 5 yr one and am finishing up my undergrad this year. I've heard that you can still apply for residency in the US, although I don't think that you can do clinical rotations in the US. You can try searching previous forums for those attending there now and maybe PM them? There are also some previous forums where people talk about their experiences.

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Congratulations! I also applied for the 5 yr one and am finishing up my undergrad this year. I've heard that you can still apply for residency in the US, although I don't think that you can do clinical rotations in the US. You can try searching previous forums for those attending there now and maybe PM them? There are also some previous forums where people talk about their experiences.

Would you mind sharing your stats?

I'll try that.

Major: Bachelor Science Nursing.
cGPA: 3.75. sGPA: 3.70.
MCAT: 502 (applied to all GEMS and Trinity).

Clinical: ~1700 hours as a Tech in the ED. 400 hours of clinical as a nursing student in various med surg floors, ICU, hospice, public health, L&D, etc.
Volunteering: ~150 hours as a Nurse Clinician doing intake for a free clinic. Elementary school running coach.
Leadership: VP Sorority, A couple other officer positions
Research: 200 hours Alzheimers research, plus my own project that I was going to present at a conference in April (but was cancelled due to COVID). I wrote a lab curriculum for a General Chemistry course for one of my professors, too.

Personal statement was about how nursing led me to wanting to be a physician. Pretty solid LORs (ED boss, chem professor, Admin of the hospital I work for).

Congrats! When did you apply?

Just for everyone’s information this is what I got from my admissions officer this morning:

“Thank you for your email. RCSI, NUIG and UCC have completed their first round of offers. A second round of evaluations and interviews is dependent on the amount of acceptances. You are welcome to check back with me for an update in 3-4 weeks.

TCD will be sending offers this week.”

Reactions: 1 users
UCC Webinar:

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if UL asks situational/ ethical questions during the interview?

I just received an acceptance to TCD, but how is everyone else planning on funding this? I’m super keen to go, but not sure that I will be able to afford it to be honest!

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an acceptance to TCD, but how is everyone else planning on funding this? I’m super keen to go, but not sure that I will be able to afford it to be honest!
BMO has the best offer out of RBC, TD, and BMO. They offer 325k at prime rate-0.25% but with a strong co-signer. If not you can check which your parents' bank is and inquire it there. Ontario offers some limited student bursary and loan (about 13k a year in total).

I got into NUIG last week and waiting to hear back from TCD! Does anyone know their timeline??

My chances are shot. My university cancelled in-person and online courses until September, now my prereqs will go unfinished. This is academic nightmare fuel. :(:thumbdown:

My chances are shot. My university cancelled in-person and online courses until September, now my prereqs will go unfinished. This is academic nightmare fuel. :(:thumbdown:
Take them online through Athabasca University.

I checked your profile before it went private and seems like you have been applying for a couple years. Still havn't finished your pre-reqs?

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted until now! I currently have an interview with UL in the middle of April and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for it? I.e. the kind of questions they're likely to ask, is it expected of us to ask them questions at the end ? ( kind of like in a job interview). Anything would be helpful ! Thanks :)

I checked your profile before it went private and seems like you have been applying for a couple years. Still havn't finished your pre-reqs?

Speaking of that, my school just sent an email to us with a list of approved university courses to take online. I'll be taking them after I get signed up. Pretty good timing too - I can spend day and night hanging out, and working on assignments. Exciting stuff!

Hello, I am kind of new at this but I was considered for an interview spot in UDC for medicine! I have no clue what to expect and honestly kind of nervous! Just wondering how much this interview impacts my offer? any advice for this interview?

I applied to the 6-year program in medicine for UDC right out of high school! Forgot to add that sorry!