Atlantic Bridge 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how long RCSI typically takes to give you a decision post-interview?
During my interview, they said that they will send out the acceptance letters in 2-3 weeks. Not sure if it was consistent throughout the rest of the interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all! I was reading student stories on AB and saw that a student from Canada had the option to finish core rotations back home. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is also true for students from U.S? If so, will we need to set this up ourselves?

I reached out to my admissions officer, but wanted to know if anyone here knows?

Hello all! I was reading student stories on AB and saw that a student from Canada had the option to finish core rotations back home. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is also true for students from U.S? If so, will we need to set this up ourselves?

I reached out to my admissions officer, but wanted to know if anyone here knows?
I don't know about doing rotations but UCD has summer electives that are available in the US. There is info on the GEM page under "opportunities to travel"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about doing rotations but UCD has summer electives that are available in the US. There is info on the GEM page under "opportunities to travel"
Thank you! I'll take a look at that.

Received an offer from RCSI GEM a little while ago!!

Reactions: 3 users
During my interview, they said that they will send out the acceptance letters in 2-3 weeks. Not sure if it was consistent throughout the rest of the interviews.
I interviewed on Thursday and received an offer this morning, I think it was 2-3 weeks from when they started GEM interviews

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on Thursday and received an offer this morning, I think it was 2-3 weeks from when they started GEM interviews
Interesting because the interviewer told me towards the end of my interview that I should expect a response 2-3 weeks after my interview.

Interesting because the interviewer told me towards the end of my interview that I should expect a response 2-3 weeks after my interview.
I was told the same, but I'm not disappointed I heard back sooner than expected

Has anyone heard anything from the 5 year programs?

I interviewed March 1st and found out this morning that I was accepted to RCSI GEM. Unfortunately I will be turning it down as I got into a DO school in the states. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed March 1st and found out this morning that I was accepted to RCSI GEM. Unfortunately I will be turning it down as I got into a DO school in the states. Best of luck to you all!
Congrats!

Received an offer today from RCSI for the GEM program!

Just got an offer for the RCSI GEM Program! Stay hopeful. The acceptances are still coming out!

Last edited:
I'm assuming that no one has received any updates from TCD and/or NUIG?

I'm assuming that no one has received any updates from TCD and/or NUIG?
I haven't heard anything from them yet for the 5 year program. Based on past forums I think they send out their offers near the end of March. Best of luck to everybody applying this year!

So I got an offer from RCSI and I`m super happy and grateful but they gave me (and I'm assuming everyone else) a rather short window to accept the offer. It's like a few weeks which is a lot of time but I applied to some schools in the UK and I won't get to interview for them until a few weeks (also no other Irish school has gotten back to me either). Is this normal to be expected that I give up on an opportunity to wait to see if something else comes? Is it acceptable or a polite way to send other schools I applied to an email like "hey I got a pretty good offer here..."? I went to college in the US so in my experience, I got all my decisions before I had to choose a school.

So I got an offer from RCSI and I`m super happy and grateful but they gave me (and I'm assuming everyone else) a rather short window to accept the offer. It's like a few weeks which is a lot of time but I applied to some schools in the UK and I won't get to interview for them until a few weeks (also no other Irish school has gotten back to me either). Is this normal to be expected that I give up on an opportunity to wait to see if something else comes? Is it acceptable or a polite way to send other schools I applied to an email like "hey I got a pretty good offer here..."? I went to college in the US so in my experience, I got all my decisions before I had to choose a school.
I would call Atlantic Bridge, they may give you some idea on other Irish Schools, or they may extend the time frame.

Received an offer of admissions from UCC today for 4 year GEM! Applied mid-Jan, MCAT 511-515.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an offer for UCC - applied early December (although updated CV/Personal statement early Jan), 70-74 GAMSAT

Reactions: 4 users
Received an interview invitation for University of Limerick GEM program this morning. Sounds like interviews are scheduled for early April. Undergraduate GPA was 3.45-3.65, MCAT score was 508-512.

Last edited:
Received an interview invite from Limerick this afternoon as well. Does anyone know if invites ever get sent out by mistake? Feels hard to believe haha.

For anyone curious - Celenia from Atlantic Bridge informed me today that Limerick, RCSI, and Cork have released their first wave of invites. There will be a second wave in ~1 month with a number of spots depending on the number of applicants that reject their acceptance from the first wave of invites.

Congratulations to those who got in / received interviews for the GEM programs!
Is there anyone who still hasn’t received anything from any of the Ireland schools? Looks like I got skipped over the first round, I don’t know about my chances for future rounds if there are any. :(

I got my offer letter for RCSI for the 6 year program on Wednesday, I had my interview on the 21st of feb, no dice for any of the other schools I applied to but I plan on attending RCSI, so it works out in the end. Best of luck in your interviews guys!

Is there anyone who still hasn’t received anything from any of the Ireland schools? Looks like I got skipped over the first round, I don’t know about my chances for future rounds if there are any. :(
Similar position here; I applied to RCSI, UCC, UL GEM programs and didn't receive any first round interview or acceptance offers. Also applied to NUIG and TCD 5-year programs but according to this thread they haven't sent offers yet...

same here, i applied to all the ireland schools through atlantic bridge except rcsi-bahrain but have yet to hear from them.

For anyone curious - Celenia from Atlantic Bridge informed me today that Limerick, RCSI, and Cork have released their first wave of invites. There will be a second wave in ~1 month with a number of spots depending on the number of applicants that reject their acceptance from the first wave of invites.
Is Cork for the 5/6 year programs as well?

Same thing here.. beginning to wonder if there is any way to check if my application even went through for the selected schools? Does anyone know how to see the list of schools I applied to? My AB Dashboard just shows me the documents I submitted

GPA BSC: 3.7 MSC: 4.0 MCAT: 508-512 Let me know if you want to know more, I wasn't quite sure how much to write haha
That’s amazing!!!

I’m a fourth year student, I haven’t written the MCAT yet but my GPA IS 3.6. I applied to TCD and NUIG for the five year program. I will be writing the MCAT in the summer but it would be too late to apply for the Atlantic bridge 4 GEM program.

Does anyone know where we can find residency matches per Irish medical school? I know Atlantic bridge has a whole list, but I was looking for one specific for each school.

Same thing here.. beginning to wonder if there is any way to check if my application even went through for the selected schools? Does anyone know how to see the list of schools I applied to? My AB Dashboard just shows me the documents I submitted
You could always email AB, I don’t think the list of schools you apply for shows up online.

Accepted into UCC for the 4 year GEM Program last Wednesday! Will be accepting, and looking to meet people on the same boat!

Accepted into UCC for the 4 year GEM Program last Wednesday! Will be accepting, and looking to meet people on the same boat!
Will be accepting as well. Where are you from? I'm from Edmonton.

Accepted last week to UCC GEM, waiting to see what happens with Limerick before making a decision. Very excited to get this going. Canadian and Ontario resident having done undergraduate studies in Maritimes and grad school in US. Can provide more stats if requested. Good luck to everyone accepted, applying, and awaiting decisions :) and keep working hard! You all deserve this :)

Last edited: