2023-2024 UTMB (Sealy)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No one from November prematched right? Haha, totally not overthinking

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A just now LM 70 interviewed 10/31

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I’m pretty bummed too, but I am trying my best to remember @wysdoc ‘s words that only 1/7 of ppl who matriculate actually get prematch offers. We will be fine hopefully

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
UTMB is historically a heavy pre-match school right? I know that this is the first round and that they will continue to release through January as it states on their website.

Cannot believe I’m typing this out but prematched around 2 pm as well :) 10/19 interview. I was just sitting in Houston traffic refreshing my email while literally driving back from preview day. I’m still wearing my name tag sticker that they gave us today lol. UTMB gave me my first II and my first A, I am sooo grateful and in disbelief

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
So will there be more waves of pre matches or will we just need to wait until match day if we didn’t hear anything today ?

So will there be more waves of pre matches or will we just need to wait until match day if we didn’t hear anything today ?

Their website states that they will extend early offers between the months of December-January. If you don’t hear anything, then it’s onto match day.

Congrats to everyone that prematched! To those who didn’t prematch, like me, hopefully we’ll hear later. Lets keep moving forward!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone that prematched! To those who didn’t prematch, like me, hopefully we’ll hear later. Lets keep moving forward!
Avatar The Last Airbender Surprise GIF

UTMB just wants to leave the rest a mystery for match day ☺️

• Love
Prematched earlier today!! Interviewed 9/14. Today has been great.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Prematched!*~ can't wait to see you all this coming year :) (Interviewed 11/1)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
There will be some before match day. People who have multiple admissions will start saying no ahead of match day.

Hello, just wanted to share some information with those who have yet to be invited to a Campus Preview Day:

Looks like they will be having three more dates in January per the satisfaction survey they sent today:
-January 12, 2024
-January 19, 2024
-January 26, 2024

Perhaps they will send more pre-match offers after each date? I can only hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, just wanted to share some information with those who have yet to be invited to a Campus Preview Day:

Looks like they will be having three more dates in January per the satisfaction survey they sent today:
-January 12, 2024
-January 19, 2024
-January 26, 2024

Perhaps they will send more pre-match offers after each date? I can only hope.

I really hope so! But that would mean they send out prematches almost every week in Jan

No one from November prematched right? Haha, totally not overthinking
Interviewed 11/29 and prematched yesterday and I am so honored.

Also does anyone know if UTMB is giving out recruitment scholarships and when they would send emails about that?

Interviewed 11/29 and prematched yesterday and I am so honored.

Also does anyone know if UTMB is giving out recruitment scholarships and when they would send emails about that?
They said they only give 2 full tuition and 1 full ride in the tour (someone correct me if incorrect pls) and they distribute the rest of them to the rest of the class. They said there’s an application that opens after match

I am an OOS applicant that interviewed her in October and I understand very little about the texas match system. I didn't hear anything during the wave of acceptances yesterday.. is this similar to me being on a waitlist now until match day? Or will they continue to release decisions until match day? Can someone explain this process a little more and what I should expect as an OOS applicant?

I am an OOS applicant that interviewed her in October and I understand very little about the texas match system. I didn't hear anything during the wave of acceptances yesterday.. is this similar to me being on a waitlist now until match day? Or will they continue to release decisions until match day? Can someone explain this process a little more and what I should expect as an OOS applicant?
Hi - OOS applicants don't use our unique TMDSAS Match system.
You are eligible for an offer of admission any time after October 15, 2023 on a rolling basis.
It is kind of like being on hold for a decision at this point.
If you are offered admission, you will reply to them in an email or possibly on the application portal, as they instruct.
TMDSAS schools can enroll a maximum of 10% OOS students. Sometimes when an OOS student has been accepted, and then withdraws to take an offer they like better, their spot could be filled by an OOS student on the WL.

My best guess is that you could hear a decision somewhere around our match time, in mid- February.

Eight long GROWTH years trying to figure out this journey.
Graduated 12/15/2015.
Got Pre-matched yesterday. Interviewed October.
Don't give up y'all.
You can do it too.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
They said they only give 2 full tuition and 1 full ride in the tour (someone correct me if incorrect pls) and they distribute the rest of them to the rest of the class. They said there’s an application that opens after match
Thank you!! If anyone ever gets more info, please post.
Congrats to everyone with a prematch and if u dont have one yet, don't give up hope we aren't done yet!!

Reactions: 2 users

Also they said the full ride will only go to a student from a medically underserved area.

they do not.
It may be possible as an MS4 to schedule some electives there, that's something you can find out about when the time comes.
awesome! thanks for the response I really appreciate all of your efforts. :)

Withdrew my prematch this morning. Hopefully it can give a much-deserving SDNer some peace of mind

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users