2023-2024 UT Tyler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does the Adcom consider things very holistically? Iā€™m a low-stat applicant and very intrigued on how they select interviews/acceptances for an MD school

Reactions: 1 user
Does the Adcom consider things very holistically? Iā€™m a low-stat applicant and very intrigued on how they select interviews/acceptances for an MD school
stats are 1/4 of your total score

Members don't see this ad :)
no, theyā€™re very intentional at giving everyone the same chances. youā€™ll be evaluated alongside everyone else for a prematch on Jan 24 or the match on Feb 16!
Quick question- is prematch for TX applicants and match for OOS applicants? Feb for OOS means thereā€™s still hope for me and others to potentially receive an II šŸ„¹šŸ™šŸ¾šŸ¤—ā¤ļø

Quick question- is prematch for TX applicants and match for OOS applicants? Feb for OOS means thereā€™s still hope for me and others to potentially receive an II šŸ„¹šŸ™šŸ¾šŸ¤—ā¤ļø
Prematches and matches do not apply at all to OOS applicants. For OOS applicants, you would simply receive an offer of admission sometime after October 15th which is when acceptances were allowed to start going out.

@cranberrylimeade was nice enough to post all of the interview dates for this cycle, and the last one remaining is Jan 9th. Some IIs could still go out, but it is definitely getting near the end of the road for this cycle

Reactions: 1 users
Prematches and matches do not apply at all to OOS applicants. For OOS applicants, you would simply receive an offer of admission sometime after October 15th which is when acceptances were allowed to start going out.

@cranberrylimeade was nice enough to post all of the interview dates for this cycle, and the last one remaining is Jan 9th. Some IIs could still go out, but it is definitely getting near the end of the road for this cycle
Ah thank you so much for clarifying and thank you @cranberrylimeade for kindly providing those dates as well!

II today interviewing on Jan 9. Does anyone know what the dress code for the meet and greet is? Im assuming business??

II today interviewing on Jan 9. Does anyone know what the dress code for the meet and greet is? Im assuming business??
Business casual, a couple ppl wore suits but looked out of place. I went with slacks, dress shirt, dress shoes, no jacket. Most others did as well

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i think itā€™s such a nice touch! last year they did them at interview day but i like that theyā€™re mailing them!
Iā€™m neurotic, do all the thank you notes say the same thing? I got mine today and of course Iā€™m analyzing it.

Iā€™m neurotic, do all the thank you notes say the same thing? I got mine today and of course Iā€™m analyzing it.
Yes they do ā—”Ģˆ The only difference in mine and my friends was they said something like ā€œgood to see you againā€ because Iā€™m a reapplicant

Reactions: 2 users
Do we have to RSVP how many people are attending with us to the pre-interview meet and greet?

If UT Tyler's interview structure is MMI and not traditional questions, are there any opportunities to talk about your own experiences working within rural communities, etc? This might be a dumb question lol

If UT Tyler's interview structure is MMI and not traditional questions, are there any opportunities to talk about your own experiences working within rural communities, etc? This might be a dumb question lol
You can tie it into the MMI questions if thereā€™s a chance but donā€™t force it. Theyā€™re not scoring you on your experiences during the interview. Theyā€™re scoring based off of a rubric for answering the MMI question!

You can tie it into the MMI questions if thereā€™s a chance but donā€™t force it. Theyā€™re not scoring you on your experiences during the interview. Theyā€™re scoring based off of a rubric for answering the MMI question!
Good to know! Thank you for this :) Is it more medical MMI or situational/morals CASPer-like MMI, or a mix of both?

didn't you do this in your secondary essays?

didn't you do this in your secondary essays?
yes! but almost all my interviews so far have just been traditional questions not MMI, so i was asking if there were any opportunities in-person at the interview to discuss my application/experiences, because the UT tyler interview is solely MMI questions

yes! but almost all my interviews so far have just been traditional questions not MMI, so i was asking if there were any opportunities in-person at the interview to discuss my application/experiences, because the UT tyler interview is solely MMI questions
They will not specifically ask you about your experiences or application, it is closed file. However, if you have an experience that ties in well with the scenario it will help you give a better answer and maybe score higher.

They will not specifically ask you about your experiences or application, it is closed file. However, if you have an experience that ties in well with the scenario it will help you give a better answer and maybe score higher.
Yeah I think you can add your own experiences with a similar situation if you have time in that MMI station, BUT be sure to answer the question they asked first!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone whoā€™s interviewed recently know what the January pre-match release date is?

IMG_1079.jpeg
lots of progress on the new building!

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Sad they didnā€™t offer me an interview šŸ˜” I think I read here there is a workshop type thing where you can ask how to approve our application and such? Does anyone know?

Sad they didnā€™t offer me an interview šŸ˜” I think I read here there is a workshop type thing where you can ask how to approve our application and such? Does anyone know?
there was last year! i think it may have only been offered to post-II candidates but someone feel free to say otherwise! they give you 5 min to chat with admissions. theyā€™ll send the email after match day.

• Care
Pre-II R just now