2023-2024 UT Tyler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if they took anyone from out if state?
they didn’t last year and haven’t seen any this year

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MSAR updated with 2023-2024 stats!

Avg GPA 3.84, Avg MCAT 505 with a 10th percentile of 494!

ik the class is small but dang that is kinda a wild 10th percentile lol
they’re truly sticking by the 492 minimum which i like! i feel like some schools will say “500 minimum” but won’t even look at a student with a 500

they’re truly sticking by the 492 minimum which i like! i feel like some schools will say “500 minimum” but won’t even look at a student with a 500
it’s nice to see a school caring more about the people behind the applications than just numbers for sure

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else get an email for a survey on why they chose not to attend this school? Made it seem like I would have been accepted if I ranked it higher

Did anyone else get an email for a survey on why they chose not to attend this school? Made it seem like I would have been accepted if I ranked it higher
it’s probably sent to any student accepted to a higher ranked school to see why they didn’t rank UTT higher

Reactions: 2 users
As a surprise to many including myself, I just sent in my acceptance decline email to UTT. I definitely cried doing it, but I hope my seat goes to one of y'all on SDN! Still, feel free to reach out if you have any Tyler related questions 🤍

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As a surprise to many including myself, I just sent in my acceptance decline email to UTT. I definitely cried doing it, but I hope my seat goes to one of y'all on SDN! Still, feel free to reach out if you have any Tyler related questions 🤍
Best of luck!

Wow! where are you headed?

Congrats on making your decision Cranberry, I know that was a difficult one for you. You've been a great resource for everyone in this thread!

Additionally, I also withdrew my acceptance to UTT a few weeks ago. Some spots up for grabs, so don't lose hope SDNers!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Any waitlist movement that anyone knows about?

• Okay...
Not sure how that helps with their primary care mandate..
I've never gotten the sense they were against non primary care fields. No reason to force people to drive to Dallas for a derm appointment if you can get one in east Texas.

I've never gotten the sense they were against non primary care fields. No reason to force people to drive to Dallas for a derm appointment if you can get one in east Texas.
The hospital doesnt currently have derm or is it that they will have an expanded team if they have a residency?