2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, I just got the R pre II ... said they filled their class already so they're rejecting the rest of us who haven't heard anything
at least you got a R. Still waiting on a ton of schools to tell us one way or another where we stand.

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew A, best of luck to everyone on the WL :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Random but as I looked at previous years' threads, they mention a conditional acceptance program at ucsd. Does anyone know anything about that?

Random but as I looked at previous years' threads, they mention a conditional acceptance program at ucsd. Does anyone know anything about that?
People that are:
1) waitlisted at UCSD
2) do not get into any other medical school
3) are not accepted into UCSD that year
Are sometimes 'randomly' selected and given conditional acceptance to UCSD once they take some classes at UCSD and maintain above a certain GPA cutoff.

Reactions: 1 users
People that are:
1) waitlisted at UCSD
2) do not get into any other medical school
3) are not accepted into UCSD that year
Are sometimes 'randomly' selected and given conditional acceptance to UCSD once they take some classes at UCSD and maintain above a certain GPA cutoff.

I don't think its only WL people. The reports I saw are people who did not get an II to UCSD that randomly had a UCSD WL pop up in their CYMS tool (done so that UCSD can see if they have PTE somewhere).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
From my understanding I do believe it’s only waitlist people, but its easier for the school to just put everyone on cyms. Regardless i do know its mainly a urm focused program that takes about 5 applicants. Its one year of post bacc courses and auto admit for a 3.5+.

Reactions: 1 user
From my understanding I do believe it’s only waitlist people, but its easier for the school to just put everyone on cyms. Regardless i do know its mainly a urm focused program that takes about 5 applicants. Its one year of post bacc courses and auto admit for a 3.5+.

Why would people who didn't interview suddenly get put on the WL then?... and if they did come from the actual WL, they would already be in the CYMS? Definitely think there is at least a mix of true WL applicants and non-interviewed applicants that get invited to the program.

Last edited:
Why would people who didn't interview suddenly get put on the WL then?... and if they did come from the actual WL, they would already be in the CYMS? Definitely think there is at least a mix of true WL applicants and non-interviewed applicants that get invited to the program.

Maybe, I cant say for sure. I tried asking clarification but they wouldnt say. Heres some more info: https://apha.confex.com/apha/143am/webprogram/Handout/id3928/Handout--Poster_331808.pdf

Members don't see this ad :)
PRIME Acceptance Yesterday! shocked is an understatement bc I did not leave that interview my most confident haha but feeling blessed <3

Reactions: 3 users
When will WL movement begin? Are they open to updates now from those on the WL?

When will WL movement begin? Are they open to updates now from those on the WL?
When I was waitlisted in a previous cycle they sent out a follow-up email near the end of April asking WL candidates to "accept/decline" a position on the waitlist- in that same email they mentioned they were now open to accepting updates. So be on the look out for a communication soon, otherwise it can't hurt to ask them directly!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew, gl everyone!!

Reactions: 8 users
I am waitlisted with this school and if given an offer, I’ll go 100%. I’m accepted to another medical school and will select “plan to enroll” for this med school on amcas for April 30th (bc I still don’t want to lose the spot if I don’t get into ucsd). This won’t remove me from ucsd’s waitlist right? Will they still consider me if I selected plan to enroll to another school?

I am waitlisted with this school and if given an offer, I’ll go 100%. I’m accepted to another medical school and will select “plan to enroll” for this med school on amcas for April 30th (bc I still don’t want to lose the spot if I don’t get into ucsd). This won’t remove me from ucsd’s waitlist right? Will they still consider me if I selected plan to enroll to another school?
Correct. PTE does not remove you from any WL. Once you “commit to enroll” (deadline varies by school, usually June-ish) you are removed/have to remove yourself from WL’s. Starting April 30, schools can see if you PTE somewhere else but this shouldn’t impact your WL chances.

for other WL ppl: i dont necessarily have anything new to say in the update email i'm going to send once thats available to do. is that okay? i'm thinking of making it more like a LOI and talk about how i'm still working my research job?

does anyone have any input on this or thoughts on what they are going to say?

for other WL ppl: i dont necessarily have anything new to say in the update email i'm going to send once thats available to do. is that okay? i'm thinking of making it more like a LOI and talk about how i'm still working my research job?

Yeah. Probably gonna do the same

is it an email we send? or can we send it through the ucsdsom portal itself

is it an email we send? or can we send it through the ucsdsom portal itself
Based on previous years' threads I think we just upload the update letter using their portal, but I'd obviously hold off until we get the email from Brian with specific instructions in late April/early May.

Based on previous years' threads I think we just upload the update letter using their portal, but I'd obviously hold off until we get the email from Brian with specific instructions in late April/early May.
is it an update letter? or a letter of intent?

Sorry but who is Brian? Someone associated with UCSD?

Sorry but who is Brian? Someone associated with UCSD?
Mr. Brian Zeglen (Director of Admissions); him and his office are our point of contact. I believe he sent the interview info, post interview timeline, and waitlist emails

I'm not sure if the updates should be short and succinct, like bullet point fashion and the intent part should be thoroughly written or if the whole thing should read like a formal letter

We'll probably hear towards the end of the week since the PTE deadline is today
Historically I think they usually send it the Monday before the PTE deadline (based on the last couple cycles’ threads). Admissions must be running behind, maybe due to FAFSA delays?

anyone else withdrew their A's? it's music to our ears as waitlisted applicants (but also like congrats besties on finding a better fit for you and your career aspirations)

soooo are people doing letters of intent? I honestly don't want to because all I have to write is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hahaha. Do they have to be long or specific? I doubt it has much sway?