2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also got this. Wonder if they sent it to literally everyone--did anyone who has received a II gotten one?
I'm foolishly hoping that they meant to send us IIs and somehow clicked the wrong email to send us lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Must be a newbie admin that made this mistake.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 dumb amcas primary email that made me think I had an II :,) I was complete 7/26

oh weird i was verified 07/20 and got that amcas application received email today as well. Do yall think it was a mistake or ?

I still have not received a secondary btw

oh weird i was verified 07/20 and got that amcas application received email today as well. Do yall think it was a mistake or ?

most definitely an unfortunate mistake

Reactions: 1 user

If you received it at or around 8:20am PDT, it was likely the mistake email sent to everyone. Either that, or they meant to send it to just you but sent it to everyone instead lol

• Haha
I was in a meeting at work and got excited for a second ugh! I also thought they meant to send us an interview instead 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
If it’s helpful to anyone, I submitted my primary application mid July but never received a secondary. I also got the most recent email, so this is definitely not a sign of II incoming.

Reactions: 1 users
If it’s helpful to anyone, I submitted my primary application mid July but never received a secondary. I also got the most recent email, so this is definitely not a sign of II incoming.
Yes, good point! I looked back on my emails and never received the “primary application received” email even though I received a secondary and submitted it so guess they just sent those lol

I also got that error saying they just received my primary an hour ago, but I just got an II! (OOS)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Actually mine says its specifically for GHAC. Does anyone know how that works admissions wise? Like can I get into UCSD but not GHAC, or do I need to get into both since I applied to this track

Same here! I’m pissed bc I thought it was an II
looks like it went out to many applicants. I got it as well, sad face hahaha that UCSDSOMadmissions email address really got me going for like two seconds.

I went to UCSD undergrad. Is it so much to ask for an II so I can go back 😭😭😭😭😭

• Care
I got the email too but now just got another email WITH MY FIRST II!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I'm trying to login to my portal and it won't load, so maybe a II is loading?! 😂

Alright alright, props to UCSD for sending a correction email promptly. I appreciate that gesture.

IS II!!!!!! LM 71.5. This is a dream come true. When the apology email came, I thought it was a mistake for the II at first 🥹

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone complete after 8/3 get an II? clenching my seat biting my nails sweating buckets wondering if I'm next. iykyk

I was complete 7/30! Also hoping for some of that next round II luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Me neither, just wait for it to come two months late and scare me into thinking it’s an interview invite again.
And the fact that today they sent the official R to those of us still technically on the waitlist from last year's cycle... theyre rly messing with me today :'(

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
for the optional essay, i really feel like it doesn't apply to me... but should i fill it out anyways???

also, is it only 100 characters for the additional activities? what do you write???
If it doesn't apply then don't fill it out. Adcoms can tell if youre BSing. I personally didn't even add any additional activities

Anyone still not receive a secondary? still in the waiting game, how late is too late to receive one from UCSD?

OOS II! Did not expect that! Complete 07/29