2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should we be including a why UCSD statement at the end of our autobiographical sketch?

wondering the same thing haha. anyone else do this?

Members don't see this ad.

wondering the same thing haha. anyone else do this?

I did, but i’m also OOS so maybe it is more important for OOSers. However I think as long as u expressed urself fully u should be good, whether u included it or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did, but i’m also OOS so maybe it is more important for OOSers. However I think as long as u expressed urself fully u should be good, whether u included it or not.
For OOS, we have a separate essay for it

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if UCSD’s secondary is due right at the 1-month deadline or do we have until the end of the day at 11:59pm? (e.g. secondary received 08/08, due at 09/08 12am or 09/08 11:59pm?)

Does anyone know if UCSD’s secondary is due right at the 1-month deadline or do we have until the end of the day at 11:59pm? (e.g. secondary received 08/08, due at 09/08 12am or 09/08 11:59pm?)
there's absolutely no chance they're checking that closely just get it in by the end of the day

there's absolutely no chance they're checking that closely just get it in by the end of the day
Given that there is a hurricane coming in 12 hours, I am guessing that they are going to give you some leeway lol.

• Haha
It could also be automatic. Not that hard to program a deadline to close the portal for an applicant.
I think I saw this happening to someone else in another school forum who got the times confused. I'd turn it in earlier and assume the strictest of deadlines if this school is important to you.

That's what I'm hoping but I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be locked out of the portal or something lol
I submitted it the day of (for example, received 7/1 due 8/1, I submitted 8/1 at like 8PM). It didn't lock and I immediately got the confirmation email that it was submitted and in the queue for review, but can't say anything beyond that!

IS secondary received, Irvine is now the only UC I’m waiting on

Members don't see this ad :)
IS Secondary received today, decided to add on UCSD late (8/11) but I was verified 6/7

This is my top school, but I feel like I have such an outside chance being from New England. Last year I was on hold for an interview, so I praying I get the chance this year :)

Reactions: 2 users
In-state II ! secondary submitted on 7/21, LM 70 ORM.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
OOS II (strong ties) this afternoon :) Submitted 7/25 LM 74

AHH IS II!!! :love: submitted 7/24, stats in signature!

• Love
II received. Completed 7/30. IS, ORM, Non-Trad, LM69.

• Care
i just received my score and got a 510 (127/123/129/131). i am a retaker and got a 496 first time. what forum can i post about applying this cycle still? ucsd is my number 1 and i really need advice on what to do bc of my low cars score.

i have a BS in bio (3.9 GPA) and MPH with epidemiology concentration (4.0 GPA). Lots of research and clinical experience (over 12,000 hours combined), both paid and unpaid. 2 pubs, 2 more in process. No shadowing [doing it during my gap year(s)].
Post in WAMC on here. You have a strong profile and that MCAT won't hold you back from most MD. The only concern is that some schools screen for a CARS score below 125, so you would have to check the schools you are applying to don't do that.

For those who answered these 2 questions:

Please describe your interest in the PRIME-HEq program. Topics to include are longitudinal experiences that you’ve had with underserved communities, including the type of community that you’ve worked with and your level of involvement. Additionally, you should discuss the length of time that you’ve spent working in these communities. (4800 characters)

Please describe how educational disparity, health disparity and/or marginalization has impacted you and your community? (4800 characters)

Did you actually use up all 4800 characters?? Idk if I have enough content without fluffing it up too much.

Please describe your interest in the PRIME-HEq program. Topics to include are longitudinal experiences that you’ve had with underserved communities, including the type of community that you’ve worked with and your level of involvement. Additionally, you should discuss the length of time that you’ve spent working in these communities. (4800 characters)

Please describe how educational disparity, health disparity and/or marginalization has impacted you and your community? (4800 characters)

Did you actually use up all 4800 characters?? Idk if I have enough content without fluffing it up too much.
I didn't respond to the first question, but for the second question I only wrote about 2500 characters and I got an II last week! Hope my single data point helps a little :)

I used around 3,000. No use in being verbose if you’ve made your points.

Ummmm I just got an AMCAS application received email from UCSD and I submitted my secondary 8/3 and my primary was verified 6/1????????

Reactions: 7 users
Ummmm I just got an AMCAS application received email from UCSD and I submitted my secondary 8/3 and my primary was verified 6/1????????
Same here! I’m pissed bc I thought it was an II

• Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Same, complete 8/13. I got excited for a second there thinking it was an II

I also got this. Wonder if they sent it to literally everyone--did anyone who has received a II gotten one?