2023-2024 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed last week and also wondering this ^ fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

Any chance of hearing back in the first decision wave if you interviewed on 10/2?
Highly highly unlikely. If u check past year forums there isn't a single person who heard back on first wave if they interviewed in October. Most heard back earliest end of October and into beginning of November.

Unfortunately, interview this week felt rushed and methodical. Less about getting to know me and more about reciting my activities section. 25 minutes too short imo… Interviewer was very nice, just not a fan of the style overall

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, interview this week felt rushed and methodical. Less about getting to know me and more about reciting my activities section. 25 minutes too short imo… Interviewer was very nice, just not a fan of the style overall
They are definitely quick, I wish they were longer. It felt like they wanted to see if we knew our application and could talk normally.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, exactly how my interview felt. Seemed like both interviewers wanted to get tf outta there lmaoo

Reactions: 1 users
They are definitely quick, I wish they were longer. It felt like they wanted to see if we knew our application and could talk normally.
Yep, exactly how my interview felt. Seemed like both interviewers wanted to get tf outta there lmaoo
This is validating, glad I’m not alone. Was worried I did something wrong but seems like that’s just how they structure it. Best of luck to you both!

This is validating, glad I’m not alone. Was worried I did something wrong but seems like that’s just how they structure it. Best of luck to you both!
Not just you! Have faith in your application and interview - good luck future doctor!

• Care
Anyone hear back yet for an MD/PhD II? (complete date pleaseee & LM)

I also haven't heard back yet. I submitted my application the first week of August and I'm LM 72.5 if that means anything.

Dear Med School gods,

Please let us applicants get an email soon so that we may get off of this roller coaster of emotions.

Reactions: 2 users
Just went back to read my secondary application to this school and apparently I checked "yes" to "Are you interested in applying to Stony Brook's MD/MA program" when I am not/was not interested in doing so. Is this something I should mention to them or not worth it/no benefit??

i don’t imagine you’d need to mention it, as i think it’s something you apply to post-matriculation. you might just be on an email list or something because you indicated interest and get information on it in the future if accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just went back to read my secondary application to this school and apparently I checked "yes" to "Are you interested in applying to Stony Brook's MD/MA program" when I am not/was not interested in doing so. Is this something I should mention to them or not worth it/no benefit??
Like panda said, it wouldn't matter. This was dicussed during the additional information session that I went to so ur chilling.

Got my acceptance at 5:00pm!! First A❤️ So happy!!!! Interviewed 9/14, LM=73, IS

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
A today (interviewed 9/21)! Don't have to pay a deposit to accept a spot which is nice

Damn so I'm guessing if the first wave was already sent out today the ppl who haven't received an A yet are WL?

Damn so I'm guessing if the first wave was already sent out today the ppl who haven't received an A yet are WL?
Maybe, although it’s a bit strange that there seems to be very little As sent out in comparison to the last few years

Got the A yesterday afternoon! Interviewed mid-end of September, soooo happy!!

• Love
Yeah ggs if we go by the trend the past 2-3 years this probably means I got WL since it seems like the acceptance batch was released yesterday...

Why do we think that? For example, I have my interview next week. Wouldn’t those who interviewed already and didn’t hear this wave be compared to those interviewed in my wave and then possibly get the A? Think positive!
Maybe you're right, I'm just going based on the previous years trends of how ppl like me who were interviewed the very first wave/week possible and didn't hear back during the first A wave were WL. Hoping what you say is right...

Choosing to be unrealistically optimistic and hope the first A wave continues tonight 🥲

• Care
I need ur optimism bc I an the most pessimistic person ever 🤣
Choosing to be unrealistically optimistic and hope the first A wave continues tonight 🥲

To give us some hope looking back 2 cycles ago there were people who interviewed in September who got As in early November after the first wave.. it’s not over until we get that official WL email

To give us some hope looking back 2 cycles ago there were people who interviewed in September who got As in early November after the first wave.. it’s not over until we get that official WL email
Wait what? I must have missed this. Which year? 2021-2022?

IS II, the date I wanted greyed out right when I clicked it :cryi: Does anyone know if we can move our date up earlier if it somehow becomes available? I'm nervous to be interviewing in December with rolling admissions

Anyone hear back recently?
Sadly no... I interviewed 9/14 and I'm praying I didn't get waitlisted but I know most likely that might be the case after reading forums from past years

Last edited:
Hello :)
I have an upcoming interview on 11/13, any advice would be SUPER appreciated :)

Hello :)
I have an upcoming interview on 11/13, any advice would be SUPER appreciated :)
The interviews are short so use every moment to sell yourself! It was relaxed and the interviewers were very nice. There was only a few minutes for my questions at the end, so have a few strong, specific questions. Know your application very well!!!

• Care
The interviews are short so use every moment to sell yourself! It was relaxed and the interviewers were very nice. There was only a few minutes for my questions at the end, so have a few strong, specific questions. Know your application very well!!!
thank you so much!!! :)

What does the schedule of the interview day look like? I am scheduled to interview in ~2 weeks and I can't find the agenda

What does the schedule of the interview day look like? I am scheduled to interview in ~2 weeks and I can't find the agenda
You'll get it like the week before the interview. it's two open interviews at different times throughout the day. No exhaustive interview day. There are some optional days for doing the typical "interview day stuff"