2023-2024 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get the lecture recordings from Rochester? Thought it was a post-II decision and my heart DROPPED.
I did and had the same reaction lmao, looked different from the pop-up cafe emails and assumed it was the decision šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II received just now! Submitted 8/13 :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an informational packet from admission šŸ˜­. I tore that bih up so quick to see what was inside

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II today. Two dates offered Dec 6 and Dec 20. Complete 8/13

Reactions: 2 users
II (Levitan scholar) International but went to UR for undergrad completed 7/9. very pleasantly surprised as I have a pretty bad IA senior year

Just received an OOS A in the last 15 minutes. Interviewed 10/31. Woohoo!!!

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there not a deposit to hold acceptance?
Iā€™ve only heard of DO schools doing this and I think itā€™s a horrific, exploitative practice especially with the prices they charge (usually upward of $1000, nonrefundable)

• Love
pre-II R just now, LM 73. kinda disappointed because I thought this school would be a great fit. In their email, they mentioned they value applicants with diverse work and volunteer experiences which I thought I had. Does anyone know if Rochester provides feedback on applications?

pre-II R just now, LM 73. kinda disappointed because I thought this school would be a great fit. In their email, they mentioned they value applicants with diverse work and volunteer experiences which I thought I had. Does anyone know if Rochester provides feedback on applications?
I believe they provide feedback if you have a connection with the school. I'm a re-applicant, and last cycle I had an email stating I was eligible for feedback due to my connections with the school.

Hey everybody! I'm interviewing on Wednesday, does anyone have any advice for the group interview? Haven't done one of those yet, a little unsure what to expect. Also would love to hear anyone's thoughts on how the interview day was!

To those of you who interviewed- for the pre-interview essay questions did you re-use writing from your primary application for the 'significant experiences' they request? Or did you write something from scratch? There's only so many ways to describe the same experience so I wanted to know what other folks did. I scrolled through this thread to see if anyone else has asked this yet and didn't see anything, but my apologies if I'm missing something. Thanks!

Copy/pasted context from the interview tab on the portal: Interviews at Rochester are done "blind", which means that the faculty interviewing you will not have access to your application materials or academic credentials. The interviewer will know your name, undergraduate college or university, degree program and year of graduation, and your two (2) most significant non-academic experiences and, if applicable, your most meaningful gap year(s) or other post college experience (as entered by you below) as well as your 2 pre-interview essay questions. We conduct "blind" interviews intentionally because we want the interview to focus on you, the individual, and not on your grades or test scores.

To those of you who interviewed- for the pre-interview essay questions did you re-use writing from your primary application for the 'significant experiences' they request? Or did you write something from scratch? There's only so many ways to describe the same experience so I wanted to know what other folks did. I scrolled through this thread to see if anyone else has asked this yet and didn't see anything, but my apologies if I'm missing something. Thanks!

Copy/pasted context from the interview tab on the portal: Interviews at Rochester are done "blind", which means that the faculty interviewing you will not have access to your application materials or academic credentials. The interviewer will know your name, undergraduate college or university, degree program and year of graduation, and your two (2) most significant non-academic experiences and, if applicable, your most meaningful gap year(s) or other post college experience (as entered by you below) as well as your 2 pre-interview essay questions. We conduct "blind" interviews intentionally because we want the interview to focus on you, the individual, and not on your grades or test scores.
~90% of the writing for my significant experiences came directly from my primary application (other 10% was slight adjustments made to fit the word count/make the paragraph encapsulate a broader picture of my experience)

FWIW, I was accepted here, so I think you're good to use stuff from your primary app - best of luck!!

Hey everybody! I'm interviewing on Wednesday, does anyone have any advice for the group interview? Haven't done one of those yet, a little unsure what to expect. Also would love to hear anyone's thoughts on how the interview day was!
Itā€™s hardly even a group interview, itā€™s more of a group discussion. Just relax. Zero prep required. Try to speak up and offer some points, reflection, and questions, but donā€™t step on anybody elseā€™s toes. Thatā€™s it.

IS II this morning, secondary completion date 7/24. LM 72 non-trad.

~90% of the writing for my significant experiences came directly from my primary application (other 10% was slight adjustments made to fit the word count/make the paragraph encapsulate a broader picture of my experience)

FWIW, I was accepted here, so I think you're good to use stuff from your primary app - best of luck!!
Awesome, exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you and congrats!!

Hello everyone! I just got accepted recently to the University of Rochester Medical School, and I cant find much information about the school matching lists. I know that It's highly regarded in the medical community, but that's it. They don't have a full match list on their website but rather percentages of each field matched into. If anyone can provide some insight about that, and whether they think I will have a problem matching into top-ranked competitive residencies like orthopedics, plastic surgery, ENT, etc. Thank you in advance.

II just now. Complete late July. There is a good amount of January dates.