2023-2024 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oos ii today, complete 7/8

heads up for if you get an interview, but they make you write more essays :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late to add this school to my list? Since it's "past" labor day

OOS II 9/7, completed 7/8
Anyone have a sense of what % of interviewees get As?

(edited to correct date of II)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II 9/7, completed 7/8
Anyone have a sense of what % of interviewees get As?

(edited to correct date of II)

It's a couple years old at this point, but this is the best source of information that you'll find.

for the most meaningful experiences essays youre required to submit for the interview, is anyone just pulling verbatim (or close to) the examples you provided on your amcas application for your most meaningful activities? it makes sense to me since they dont have access to that information in your amcas but idk if that's considered sloppy

for the most meaningful experiences essays youre required to submit for the interview, is anyone just pulling verbatim (or close to) the examples you provided on your amcas application for your most meaningful activities? it makes sense to me since they dont have access to that information in your amcas but idk if that's considered sloppy
I used two of the activities that was the same as my most meaningful activities but used different stories/words.

I basically copy-and-pasted mine. I looked at it as: "you choose what you want your interviewers to see". I put a lot of time into those stories within my activity descriptions and felt they were more accurate/impactful than any other version of them. Also saves time/effort. Your call tho.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II this morning! LM 76 complete 7/7. So excited!

• Love
For the “difficult problem” question, would it be appropriate to talk about a significant challenge from childhood/adolescence or do you think they’re looking for something from more recent work/volunteer/research experiences?

For the “difficult problem” question, would it be appropriate to talk about a significant challenge from childhood/adolescence or do you think they’re looking for something from more recent work/volunteer/research experiences?
i personally talked about a childhood experience but i think either path works!

OOS II!! complete 7/13

Last edited:
  • Love
IS II a few minutes ago. Complete 7/9, LM 74.5. I am supposed to complete the additional questions 5 days before the interview, but I just scheduled my interview for five days from now.... I assume I get a little wiggle room with that?

IS II a few minutes ago. Complete 7/9, LM 74.5. I am supposed to complete the additional questions 5 days before the interview, but I just scheduled my interview for five days from now.... I assume I get a little wiggle room with that?
Just get then done ASAP. Simple as that, if that’s today, great.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II! Complete 8/5

OOS II complete 7/13/23 LM 76!
For the questions, do you think non-academic excludes research experience? I wanted to discuss my research and clinical experiences.

OOS II complete 7/13/23 LM 76!
For the questions, do you think non-academic excludes research experience? I wanted to discuss my research and clinical experiences.
Pretty sure research is practically the opposite of non-academic. That's why they call it academia haha

• Haha
+1 OOS R. Complete Date 7/7.
Good Luck to the rest of y'all!

Last edited:
Caught the R train, first one of the season! So long everyone and good luck to those with IIs!!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
+1 OOS R ... First one to prep for the others to come I guess...

• Care
Count me in on that OOS R wave, also first of the cycle. I was complete 9/17 so they seem to working fast

• Care
OOS R complete 7/6, ow these sting more than i anticipated

• Care
First R, OOS, completed 7/6

• Care
+1 call me a pirate ‘cause i just got the R, mateys.

• Haha
  • Wow