2023-2024 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS pre-II R this morning, complete 7/15

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Waitlisted just now, interviewed late November

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
People with As- did you send thank you notes post-interview? My first interviewer straight up told me not to send one which I appreciated but not sure about the others. I always vacillate between thinking it's a nice gesture and not wanting to clutter up busy people's inboxes with a perfunctory email. I know some schools track that sort of thing but not sure if UR does or not.

People with As- did you send thank you notes post-interview? My first interviewer straight up told me not to send one which I appreciated but not sure about the others. I always vacillate between thinking it's a nice gesture and not wanting to clutter up busy people's inboxes with a perfunctory email. I know some schools track that sort of thing but not sure if UR does or not.

I forgot to send one and it was a few days late by that point so I just didn’t

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have already interviewed, it says online that they want the pre-interview essays 10 business days before the interview. I know this means two weeks, but they never said if they want it 10 business days at the latest, or want it submitted just that day. I am just a bit confused. Anyone have any clarity on this?

For those who have already interviewed, it says online that they want the pre-interview essays 10 business days before the interview. I know this means two weeks, but they never said if they want it 10 business days at the latest, or want it submitted just that day. I am just a bit confused. Anyone have any clarity on this?
It’s 5 days, at the latest. Earlier is ok

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you get that info? I only see post II/waitlisted update letters discussed on their website
N=1 but a couple cycles ago I sent an update letter about now and got an II in Feb. Who knows if it helped but it didn’t hurt

Where did you get that info? I only see post II/waitlisted update letters discussed on their website
I'm pretty sure it said it in one of the early emails, someone here confirmed it for me as well. I sent one and got an II a week later so 🤷‍♂️

N=1 but a couple cycles ago I sent an update letter about now and got an II in Feb. Who knows if it helped but it didn’t hurt

I'm pretty sure it said it in one of the early emails, someone here confirmed it for me as well. I sent one and got an II a week later so 🤷‍♂️
Great thank you!!! Did you just upload to the portal?

+1 OOS WL, interviewed mid-late November

• Care
OOS Pre-II R, August completion, LM 73, no ties

How did yall approach the interview additional questions (meaningful experiences + gap year)? Stuck between coming up with new stories or just describing the role + impact

Absolute silence since 08/01... Did my application get lost in the sauce?

Thanks! My portal hasn't been updated since mid August.
This is the first e-mail I've received from them since I was marked as complete on 7/9, just double-checked my communication status section. Seems like the reviewer just got to my app and made a decision lol