2023-2024 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS pre-II R yesterday

Members don't see this ad.

I still haven't received an update. Is no news good news, or have they no yet reviewed my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today at 7:00 PST. Complete late august, update/love letter sent early December

Reactions: 1 users
For those who interviewed, how long was each interview section? I know it says 30-60 online, but I was wondering where most interview times fell. Any tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

For those who interviewed, how long was each interview section? I know it says 30-60 online, but I was wondering where most interview times fell. Any tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
My first one was 60, the second one was more like 45

Reactions: 1 user
My first one was exactly 40 minutes, and the second one went for a bit over an hour.

For those who interviewed, looking for advice. I submitted my writing 5 days before the interview but completely overlooked the fact they said 5 business days, which would mean I submitted 3 days prior (the interview is on 2/1/24). I saw that your application can be withdrawn without further notification for this. But I just looked and I see my interviewers are still scheduled. Do you think it's worth an email to admissions about my mistake or am I being neurotic? Did anyone else not submit the writing 5 business days before and get in?

For those who interviewed, looking for advice. I submitted my writing 5 days before the interview but completely overlooked the fact they said 5 business days, which would mean I submitted 3 days prior (the interview is on 2/1/24). I saw that your application can be withdrawn without further notification for this. But I just looked and I see my interviewers are still scheduled. Do you think it's worth an email to admissions about my mistake or am I being neurotic? Did anyone else not submit the writing 5 business days before and get in?
Send no email and draw no attention to it. I doubt it will affect you.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The interview is 1:1 traditional with faculty right? What was the vibe like?

Thanks in advance.

The interview is 1:1 traditional with faculty right? What was the vibe like?

Thanks in advance.
1:1 traditional and for me, this was the interview I enjoyed most by far. Both my interviewers were extremely personable and I don't think they had specific questions prepared, it was more a conversation. They truly wanted to get to know me and it was very much back and forth as opposed to one-sided where you have to carry the conversation!

Reactions: 3 users
1:1 traditional and for me, this was the interview I enjoyed most by far. Both my interviewers were extremely personable and I don't think they had specific questions prepared, it was more a conversation. They truly wanted to get to know me and it was very much back and forth as opposed to one-sided where you have to carry the conversation!
Thanks, appreciate the input!

Hi! I was wondering how people prepared for the ethical group discussion?

Hi! I was wondering how people prepared for the ethical group discussion?
Hey! I don’t think you could really prepare for it because it’s not necessarily about the right / wrong answer and all. I think just being respectful, taking into account what someone else said when responding, and trying to talk 1-2x is helpful!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when we are expecting the next round of decisions?
I interviewed mid December and they said 6-8 weeks, maybe a little on the longer side because of the holidays and I think today's 7 weeks, so any time now I guess😂

OOS A just now, interviewed early-mid January

Has anyone heard back from the Levitan scholarship yet? I know the chance is slim for me, but I couldn't help thinking abt it lollllll

OOS WL, interviewed 1/10, LM 73, felt good about the interview :/

• Care
Just got the A from early Jan interview... can't believe it's happening after one failed cycle. still shaking haha

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
How do you apply for it? I couldn’t figure their scholarships with applications out
its a program/scholarship for international student only. You get into the scholarship=you get accepted or no scholarship = not accepted. There's 1 spot every year

Does anyone know if Rochester is receptive to/ accepts letters of intent? Have this interview soon and it is definitely my top choice. Was thinking of sending the letter shortly after my interview (barring nothing goes incredibly wrong)

OOS A about an hour ago, interviewed 12/20! :) LM 75, ORM, non-trad career changer

Last edited:
Does rochester accept courses in urban studies and education to fulfill the humanities requirement? their website doesn't mention anything about those fields? is there an opportunity to explain on the secondary?

Does rochester accept courses in urban studies and education to fulfill the humanities requirement? their website doesn't mention anything about those fields? is there an opportunity to explain on the secondary?
Typically schools ask that you get a letter from registrar at your school stating that the specific courses you took fulfil the humanities requirement. I had to do that for English because my school didn't have eng prefixes on any classes.

Typically schools ask that you get a letter from registrar at your school stating that the specific courses you took fulfil the humanities requirement. I had to do that for English because my school didn't have eng prefixes on any classes.
Thanks!! do they ask of this in the secondary? do they tell you they need it or do u have to do it ahead of time?

Rochester, stop stringing me along like this. :cryi:

• Care
I still haven't received anything since mid-Aug.