2023-2024 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
received an email from my interviewer, second look is Friday April 12

Was it personalized? I haven’t heard anything from them since I paid the deposit

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Was it personalized? I haven’t heard anything from them since I paid the deposit
it was from my interviewer but i could tell that it was copy and paste based on how it said class of 2027 lol - also mentioned that we would most likely be hearing more from Quinnipiac in the coming months

Members don't see this ad :)
what does 2nd look mean... lol maybe i should know this
a weekend/day to visit campus, learn more, meet classmates, basically a chance for them to convince you to pick them as you have to commit

are there any community engagement opportunities for students?

Last edited:
Any advice for the interview?
Know both your primary and secondary application because they will ask specific questions about them. I would also say just be familiar with the typical interview questions like "Why medicine". But in all honesty, this was the most welcoming and relaxed interview I had and at some points it really did feel more like a conversation than an interview. You got this!

Reactions: 2 users
Any advice for the interview?
In addition to what bingbong said, prepare thoughtful, genuine question(s) about the school for the faculty interviewer. Follow up on any new material they mention during the interview (show interest). Not necessarily specific to this school only.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
are there any community engagement opportunities for students?

Absolutely! There are programs working with both adults and kids in a medical and non-medical context. As an example, there's a volunteer, student run clinic that serves underserved populations in nearby cities and there's a program for tutoring nearby elementary/high school students in sciences :)

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II completed late July LM 78 — I keep checking and I only see Fridays, is it acceptable for me to email about another day of the week? I don’t want them to think I’m not eager, it’s just Fridays my other coworker would be completely alone if I took off & I’d rather not leave my work short staffed.

OOS II completed late July LM 78 — I keep checking and I only see Fridays, is it acceptable for me to email about another day of the week? I don’t want them to think I’m not eager, it’s just Fridays my other coworker would be completely alone if I took off & I’d rather not leave my work short staffed.
You should check if this school does more than just Fridays!

Last edited:
Oooo thank you!! okay if anyone HASNT had a Friday interview lmk bc if not I won’t email 💀
I interviewed this Wednesday. When I tried to schedule I took a few days to schedule so I could align an interview date that worked with my work schedule so maybe wait a couple days and check or you can always email to see if that’s all they have available rn bc idk if that’s all they can do for the foreseeable future. When I was trying to schedule they had Friday, then a Monday, then the Wednesday I eventually scheduled so they do more than just Friday as far as I know.

I interviewed this Wednesday. When I tried to schedule I took a few days to schedule so I could align an interview date that worked with my work schedule so maybe wait a couple days and check or you can always email to see if that’s all they have available rn bc idk if that’s all they can do for the foreseeable future. When I was trying to schedule they had Friday, then a Monday, then the Wednesday I eventually scheduled so they do more than just Friday as far as I know.
Thank you soooo much!

Oooo thank you!! okay if anyone HASNT had a Friday interview lmk bc if not I won’t email 💀
I had a Wednesday interview. They are about 15 students per session and run 1 per week. I would just email admissions, explain the situation, and ask when the next date is. Good luck!

Did anyone who interviewed hear back yet? If so, how long was the wait? Interviewed here 10/4 and admissions said the end of November was their conservative estimate on when we should hear something. As we are coming up on Thanksgiving I am thinking I will likely be waiting till Early December

Did anyone who interviewed hear back yet? If so, how long was the wait? Interviewed here 10/4 and admissions said the end of November was their conservative estimate on when we should hear something. As we are coming up on Thanksgiving I am thinking I will likely be waiting till Early December
I am still waiting to hear back from my 10/9/23 interview, nothing yet.

Interviewed late September and they told us end of October, usually last week of the month. We heard back the last possible day on 10/31. But they might try to squeeze in some As before the holiday

My interview was the first week of October and I received an A on Halloween, but it sounds like that was a bit quicker of a turnaround than normal. Last year on CycleTrack there was a wave of decisions towards the end of November so I'd bet that there will be another wave soon!

Fellow applicant complete 7/15 and yet to hear anything. Looks like they skipped over some of us early applicants

Fellow applicant complete 7/15 and yet to hear anything. Looks like they skipped over some of us early applicants
Don't give up hope! I completed my application 7/13 and I got an II on 11/10.

sooo when do we think these decisions will come out... at the edge of my seat knowing its any day now :nailbiting:

Reactions: 4 users
sooo when do we think these decisions will come out... at the edge of my seat knowing its any day now :nailbiting:
Yeah I won’t hold my breath lol. Like are they calculating the stats of each applicant who interviewed to see how it affects their class profile or something? The turn around time here has been crazy long compared to other schools.

Yeah I won’t hold my breath lol. Like are they calculating the stats of each applicant who interviewed to see how it affects their class profile or something? The turn around time here has been crazy long compared to other schools.
And some of us are deferred decision and that decision is clearly VERY deferred lol

I've been such a mess waiting to hear back from this school, it's been nearly two months since I've interviewed and can't focus on work because decisions "might" come out today or tomorrow? 🥲

Ik this is killing me because I don’t even know what month to expect a decision
Exactly! It looked like last year it was around April 30…so about when/right before waitlist decision. But who knows…