2023-2024 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone want to bite the bullet and call admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A OOS yesterday 10/30 at 6:00 PM via email! Interviewed early sep

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Huh??? I just got the A? Interviewed 09/27

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
deferred decision 💔 interviewed 9/18. Legitimately bummed. It says "either admissions decision or priority waitlist as the cycle unfolds"...so I guess all hope is not lost?

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted! Hunkering down for a long winter - interviewed 9/22!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted! Hunkering down for a long winter - interviewed 9/22!
I got a deferred decision so I'm with you 🫶 Did yours mention anything about a priority waitlist?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A through email, OOS, interviewed late september!
Good luck everyone <3

I got a deferred decision so I'm with you 🫶 Did yours mention anything about a priority waitlist?
Nope - It just invited me to join the Waitlist, which I went ahead with! How about you?

Also, does anyone know how much Waitlist movement there typically is for Quinnipiac?

Nope - It just invited me to join the Waitlist, which I went ahead with! How about you?

Also, does anyone know how much Waitlist movement there typically is for Quinnipiac?
Oh gotcha! No, I’m somewhere btwn an A and priority waitlist I guess (on deferred decision).

I hear that there’s usually a lot of movement and looking at last years thread it’s def true. Wish we could see the data on the MSAR!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh gotcha! No, I’m somewhere btwn an A and priority waitlist I guess (on deferred decision).

I hear that there’s usually a lot of movement and looking at last years thread it’s def true. Wish we could see the data on the MSAR!
i think that is typically the case, though i have no insight on actual numbers, only anecdotes.

Getting on a WL is huge, seriously. it's hard to allow yourself to fully celebrate incremental wins, but to my WL crew, congrats, it's a huge step and a great sign for the rest of the season. enjoy it, treat yo self

95e67b35ad67aa897fb2a362383eb56b-2607926960.jpg

• Okay...
  • Care
OOS II! completed 7/14 LM 68.3
Looking forward to this one because of their awesome name!

So I haven't been able to submit my secondary due to a lot of family and personal problems, do you think it would be worth it to submit still and explain within my secondary these reasons or is it a lost cause?

Hi guys! Current student here -- just popping in to say congratulations on your interviews and acceptances!! Feel free to ask questions, either privately or in the forum :) no question is silly, medical school is a massive decision, and which school you ultimately choose to attend will have a major impact on your experience as a medical student.

For those still waiting to hear back, the admissions committee is *very thorough* in their file review, and has an overwhelming number of applicants to review each year.

For complete transparency, I do volunteer as a student interviewer so I can answer some (but not all) questions about the interview process. I can't speak to what happens at the committee review meetings as I'm not part of those sessions.

I hope to meet you on campus sometime :)

So I haven't been able to submit my secondary due to a lot of family and personal problems, do you think it would be worth it to submit still and explain within my secondary these reasons or is it a lost cause?

Adcoms are human too, and the QU ones are particularly wonderful!! I'd still submit and email the admissions department with your reasoning. You're only guaranteed to not be considered if you never submit :)

Hi guys! Current student here -- just popping in to say congratulations on your interviews and acceptances!! Feel free to ask questions, either privately or in the forum :) no question is silly, medical school is a massive decision, and which school you ultimately choose to attend will have a major impact on your experience as a medical student.

For those still waiting to hear back, the admissions committee is *very thorough* in their file review, and has an overwhelming number of applicants to review each year.

For complete transparency, I do volunteer as a student interviewer so I can answer some (but not all) questions about the interview process. I can't speak to what happens at the committee review meetings as I'm not part of those sessions.

I hope to meet you on campus sometime :)

What helped you choose Netter and how are you enjoying your time here? Anything you wish was different about the school?

What helped you choose Netter and how are you enjoying your time here? Anything you wish was different about the school?

I have a previous graduate degree from Quinnipiac and through that fell in love with the school and culture. It's very student focused and this has been true in the medical school too. They are incredibly accommodating and so human in how they deal with things like illnesses, absenses, etc. I am so happy here and definitely made the right choice.

As far as what I wish were different -- the clinical placements can be a bit of a drive as the CT hospital networks we're affiliated with are widespread. They do try to be accommodating for the first and second-year longitudinal placements but some people do get stuck with a 45-60 minute drive, depending on where they live.

Last edited:
For the individuals that were deferred, do you think we’d get our decision in the end of November because they stated they release decisions at the end of each month or that we might have to wait a few months?

For the individuals that were deferred, do you think we’d get our decision in the end of November because they stated they release decisions at the end of each month or that we might have to wait a few months?
I was looking at last years forum and it seemed like deferred decision ppl started hearing back right before waitlist ppl did. But, I really don’t know. I guess it’s possible?

This is an appeal to applicants who have taken Casper for admission to Netter/Quinnipiac University SOM.

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

Still radio silence from this school...starting to lose hope 😭

• Care
For people who interviewed here already, what was the thank you note policy? (Interview today!)

Last edited:
For people who interviewed here already, what was the thank you note policy?
I forgot to write down the contact info for my interviewers so I sent a general thank you to the admissions email, it seemed to work out fine!

OOS II received this morning, secondary completed 08/22. Booked for November interview.

• Care
Aw, SUPER nice interview experience here! Good luck, everyone!

• Care
received an email from my interviewer, second look is Friday April 12