2023-2024 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II just now. Complete 8/2. LM 74.

Members don't see this ad.

All my medical school application status marked as "your application is ready" vs. "under review". Is there a difference?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have already interviewed, did you write thank you letters? Idk if they provide emails at the end or not

was wondering why there had been radio silence from quinny because i applied super early...

paid for the application but never hit submit. wow, don't be me.

Reactions: 2 users
For people who have already interviewed, did you write thank you letters? Idk if they provide emails at the end or not
I did! Each interviewer dropped their email in the chat for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you both!!!

Late interview day recap: def my fav interview experience. It was so chill and conversational (and they actually mean it!!). You can tell that the school’s community is tightknit.

There’s two groups of interviews in a day and when group A is going B is on break. They don’t tell you what group until you get on the call in the morning, but both interviews are after informational sessions so later during the “day”

My two 1:1s were both open file, both with faculty (although they say they try their best to give you one student and one faculty depending on who is available). They said there’s a list of questions and they seem to share the list bc my second interviewer said she tried not to overlap. But they only asked a few questions and it was mainly just back and forth talking, it really seemed like they wanted to get to know you and were interested in your activities. I only got 1 hard question each that I really had to think about.

Reactions: 10 users
Can Anyone tell me if it's common for students with higher LM scores to receive interview invites first then schools later invite those withlower LM scores?

I contacted the admissions team, and more dates will become available when the first 2 slots are filled. They told me to wait to select a date if I could not make the two dates listed.
I know you posted this a while ago, but wondering how long you waited to pick a date? I'm looking right now and I can't make the only date they have but their email says to reply within 3 days of receiving.

Reactions: 1 user
I know you posted this a while ago, but wondering how long you waited to pick a date? I'm looking right now and I can't make the only date they have but their email says to reply within 3 days of receiving.
I'm facing the same issue. I think we can reply indicating we are very interested to interview and are going to wait for other dates to open up.

I waited for a day or two and more dates popped up. That's what admissions advised, but if you aren't seeing any additional dates, it might be worth it to reach out to them directly!

Thank you both!!!

Late interview day recap: def my fav interview experience. It was so chill and conversational (and they actually mean it!!). You can tell that the school’s community is tightknit.

There’s two groups of interviews in a day and when group A is going B is on break. They don’t tell you what group until you get on the call in the morning, but both interviews are after informational sessions so later during the “day”

My two 1:1s were both open file, both with faculty (although they say they try their best to give you one student and one faculty depending on who is available). They said there’s a list of questions and they seem to share the list bc my second interviewer said she tried not to overlap. But they only asked a few questions and it was mainly just back and forth talking, it really seemed like they wanted to get to know you and were interested in your activities. I only got 1 hard question each that I really had to think about.
I would say some of my questions were definitely a little out of left field. but overall agree it was very chill despite some hard questions. They really read your file!!!

I would say some of my questions were definitely a little out of left field. but overall agree it was very chill despite some hard questions. They really read your file!!!
In my experience, this has been the most relaxed interview yet. They do a great job with organizing the interview day and the med students are very passionate and seem to really enjoy the program. Both my interviewers asked thoughtful questions which displayed their knowledge of my application, and if I had one piece of advice for those who will be interviewing soon it would be to really know your file and try to think critically about areas they may question.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my experience, this has been the most relaxed interview yet. They do a great job with organizing the interview day and the med students are very passionate and seem to really enjoy the program. Both my interviewers asked thoughtful questions which displayed their knowledge of my application, and if I had one piece of advice for those who will be interviewing soon it would be to really know your file and try to think critically about areas they may question.

100% not just activities, they even asked me specifically about the languages I listed on my application

And idk how to multiquote, but yea I was asked at least one tough question each (don’t remember how many exactly). I feel like they knew it was tough and gave me the time to think and answer. At least for me, it felt like they just wanted to see how you think on your feet rather than trick you.

100% not just activities, they even asked me specifically about the languages I listed on my application

And idk how to multiquote, but yea I was asked at least one tough question each (don’t remember how many exactly). I feel like they knew it was tough and gave me the time to think and answer. At least for me, it felt like they just wanted to see how you think on your feet rather than trick you.
Did they ask you to speak the languages you listed?

• Haha
Did they ask you to speak the languages you listed?

Nope, it was more of smthn they brought up than asked about, they just wanted to know what context I used them for. I don’t think they’ll mention it for everyone, was just using it as an example of how specific they get in reading your app

Hoping for the best for those of us that have interviewed!!

They said we’d hear back the end of each month, so I feel like we have some time. But nonetheless 🫶🤞🏽

• Love
was wondering why there had been radio silence from quinny because i applied super early...

paid for the application but never hit submit. wow, don't be me.
Brah legit had to do a double take and it was me. I was the problem XD :cryi:

• Sad
Still waiting for interview invite, complete back in early July .

Reactions: 7 users
anyone else stressing out to hear back post interview especially since October 15 has passed? 😅

• Care
anyone else stressing out to hear back post interview especially since October 15 has passed? 😅
When did you interview? I had mine very early October and they said decisions would be sent sometime between late October and late November

When did you interview? I had mine very early October and they said decisions would be sent sometime between late October and late November
I interviewed late September and they said they would send decisions out once a month at the end of the month starting in October

I interviewed late September and they said they would send decisions out once a month at the end of the month starting in October
Yeah seems like they’ll start releasing decisions at the end of October, so I wouldn’t be worried! They also have like a 80+% post-II acceptance rate

I have my interview here soon! I’m super nervous because it’s my first interview! Does anyone who already interviewed have any tips/advice?

I have my interview here soon! I’m super nervous because it’s my first interview! Does anyone who already interviewed have any tips/advice?
This was the most relaxed interview experience I have had, both my interviewers were really nice and it felt like a friendly conversation versus a regimented interview. My advice is to know your primary and secondaries super well, my interviewers asked in depth questions about my experiences that displayed their knowledge of my app. Good luck!

• Care
Hi I just saw some of you for the student panel. I got interviewed Oct 12 and admitted the first week of Feb! Forgot to say that.

This was the most relaxed interview experience I have had, both my interviewers were really nice and it felt like a friendly conversation versus a regimented interview. My advice is to know your primary and secondaries super well, my interviewers asked in depth questions about my experiences that displayed their knowledge of my app. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your help! :)

OOS II received just now! As a Texas resident so I’m feeling #slay!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For anyone who interviewed in Sept and head the dean mention we’d get a decision either before Halloween or Thanksgiving, how you hanging?

Last edited:
Hopefully tomorrow then? Otherwise see you guys in a month

In my interview they only mentioned hearing back end of October so would you think they are just a few days behind if we don’t hear today or are they just pushing back a full month to end of November?

In my interview they only mentioned hearing back end of October so would you think they are just a few days behind if we don’t hear today or are they just pushing back a full month to end of November?
I interviewed in Sept and Dean Pak said it would either be end of Oct or end of Nov bc he likes to release them right before/around the holiday.

So, if that is still the case, it would be today or end of Nov…