2023-2024 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Secondary just now but having second thoughts on submitting since it costs $200..

Just received it as well. I'm a bit confused if the only secondary prompt is this?

"This Personal Statement is different than the essay that had been submitted with your AACOMAS application. In no more than three paragraphs that will fit on this single page (if the essay creates a second page, it is too long), please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives."

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty big mistake with those two emails being sent out lol. Nothing like an early morning panic attack :rofl:

• Haha
To those who didn't see the second email:

"Good day,

Please disregard previous correspondence for our 22-23 waitlisted candidates. Thank you."

For those who have received a secondary, is there an opportunity to choose our campus preference? I think I wanna change my decision

For those who have received a secondary, is there an opportunity to choose our campus preference? I think I wanna change my decision
yes you can change it in the secondary. Lots of options to pick from.

I'm a little confused with the directions on the secondary. Do I need to submit a "Pre-Requisite Coursework Report Template" if the prerequisites on my AACOMAS are correct? They make it seem that we have to upload the document so idk if I would just have to upload a blank copy.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI to other prospective applicants: I emailed the admissions committee of Touro recently with a perfectly reasonable question/update and received an incredibly rude and unprofessional response. For reference, I emailed 20 other schools the exact same email and every other school was very polite and helpful. I took the high road with my response, but it was rude enough that I seriously considered asking for my secondary fee back and to withdraw my application. YMMV.

FYI to other prospective applicants: I emailed the admissions committee of Touro recently with a perfectly reasonable question/update and received an incredibly rude and unprofessional response. For reference, I emailed 20 other schools the exact same email and every other school was very polite and helpful. I took the high road with my response, but it was rude enough that I seriously considered asking for my secondary fee back and to withdraw my application. YMMV.
that $200 will become a donation I promise 😭keep your app in

confused as to why there's been no communication about sending out any secondaries??

confused as to why there's been no communication about sending out any secondaries??

I submitted my primary last week and got a secondary a few days later. Did you check your spam?

if you don't see it in your spam and are sure you applied and a decent amount of time has passed, it might be worth calling. I had a school send out secondaries and it wasn't in my spam so I had to call for them to resend. Sure enough, it didn't go to my spam the second time.

Do they have an MCAT screen for secondaries? I've heard its 500

Are you supposed to use double or single spaced for the secondary? and font size?

Last edited:
did any of you get secondary application confirmation email?

Does anyone know how heavily touro weighs Casper? Recently got my score back and not pleased with the result :/

Just received it as well. I'm a bit confused if the only secondary prompt is this?

"This Personal Statement is different than the essay that had been submitted with your AACOMAS application. In no more than three paragraphs that will fit on this single page (if the essay creates a second page, it is too long), please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine’s Mission, Goals, or Objectives."
is this the only secondary prompt for this school?

Does anyone know how heavily touro weighs Casper? Recently got my score back and not pleased with the result :/
At an information session in June, they mentioned that Casper can vary. Their average casper is around 50% anyways, and their ADCOM mentioned that their scores range from all four quartiles. Hopefully, it's just one metric that doesn't hurt you? Hope this helps!

Does anyone know what the " Prerequisite Coursework Report" means (on the dashboard after you submit the secondary)?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 9.50.51 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 9.50.51 PM.png
    21 KB · Views: 115
Did you guys get an app complete or a thank you for submitting supplemental app email after submitting?

For those who interviewed - how did you submit thank you notes? Did you emai lthem to Steven Toplan?

anyone else get the COMPASS Student Interest Group invite and the rsvp link not working? plz pm me if its working thanks! (not an interview invite in case anyone's wondering lol)
I was just going to ask this here. It's not working for me either- invalid link I assume. Hopefully they realize and send a new one??

I was just going to ask this here. It's not working for me either- invalid link I assume. Hopefully they realize and send a new one??
Same here. If they don't send an updated one soon I'm going to email admissions.

I just got a COMPASS link. Did anyone else get this and we’re not invited to an interview yet?

they sent an updated link hope you got it! so I deleted my post thought it was just me. and @Sochiagha i don't have an interview and got this. can't quite understand if this is a good or bad thing to get this, in the "more info" about compass they mention it being a "pathway" and i just hope its not a soft R/invite for a masters

they sent an updated link hope you got it! so I deleted my post thought it was just me. and @Sochiagha i don't have an interview and got this. can't quite understand if this is a good or bad thing to get this, in the "more info" about compass they mention it being a "pathway" and i just hope its not a soft R/invite for a masters
I also do not have an interview. That would be wild if they used this as a masters invite.

I hope so too. A bit weird to send us this.

I hope so too. A bit weird to send us this.
ok so i found a better article, a journal article about it! if you go down to the paragraph starting "Utilizing the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine’s Application Service (AACOMAS), an invitation was sent to students who self-identified as URM applicants to the COM on behalf of the COMPASS program." it goes more in depth with the program. i don't think its a bad thing we got this invite! seems like they're just trying to be more welcoming for URM which is appreciated! <3 Diversity in osteopathic medical school admissions and the COMPASS program

Reactions: 1 users
ok so i found a better article, a journal article about it! if you go down to the paragraph starting "Utilizing the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine’s Application Service (AACOMAS), an invitation was sent to students who self-identified as URM applicants to the COM on behalf of the COMPASS program." it goes more in depth with the program. i don't think its a bad thing we got this invite! seems like they're just trying to be more welcoming for URM which is appreciated! <3 Diversity in osteopathic medical school admissions and the COMPASS program
Oh ok, that makes more sense. I will definitely attend it to see what's it's about :)

• Care