2023-2024 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they accept update letters pre-II??

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything since the 12/20 wave of Acceptances/ waitlists?

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone who sent an update letter get an email response confirming they received it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone receive an II recently? I haven't seen any since the Pathway Prep from November. Do we think there's going to be another Pathway Prep session or are they wrapping up interviews or what?

Has anyone receive an II recently? I haven't seen any since the Pathway Prep from November. Do we think there's going to be another Pathway Prep session or are they wrapping up interviews or what?
Honestly, no idea. During the last pathway prep they mentioned that they interviewed like 380 people. The class size is pretty small so honestly I was surprised to see that they still wanted to interview people.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, no idea. During the last pathway prep they mentioned that they interviewed like 380 people. The class size is pretty small so honestly I was surprised to see that they still wanted to interview people.
That's what I thought too. I was in the November Pathway Prep and they made it sound like they still wanted to interview quite a few more so I thought it was a bit odd especially with the small class size like you said.

Has anyone who interviewed around October just not heard back at all?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who interviewed around October just not heard back at all?
Yes, same here. I even double checked my email because I thought I might have missed something. Radiosilence though.

Does anyone know if they accept LOI (interest and intent)?? I know they mentioned they liked receiving updates, but I got placed on the waitlist and want to send a LOI (intent) not just an update

Does anyone know if they accept LOI (interest and intent)?? I know they mentioned they liked receiving updates, but I got placed on the waitlist and want to send a LOI (intent) not just an update
Could you share the dates that you were interviewed and placed on the waitlist? I personally haven't heard anything since my interview in November!

Has Nova been responding to emails? I sent an inquiry two weeks ago, but they never got back to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you share the dates that you were interviewed and placed on the waitlist? I personally haven't heard anything since my interview in November!
Yeah! Interviewed in October and put on waitlist in December

Has Nova been responding to emails? I sent an inquiry two weeks ago, but they never got back to me.
Lol, no. I’ve emailed them a handful of times, never got a reply :/

Has anyone who interviewed in October not heard anything yet?

Does anyone know when they release decisions? Interviewed Oct 2nd. Been radio silence since

Does anyone know when they release decisions? Interviewed Oct 2nd. Been radio silence since

I feel like most of us are in the same waiting boat. I was lurking at last year’s discussion group, and it seems the process may have been different, as some of them received their committee decisions as early as November/December. I just hope we receive the news soon!

Hey guys, I have a 495 MCAT and a 3.5 GPA it's my first cycle applying and I applied to NSU MD months ago and I haven't heard back any updates. Do you think it's bc of my stats? I submitted my secondaries but I honestly can't find a decent portal to check my status updates. I'm OOS

what is pathway prep? It has nothing to do with the possibility of an interview right?

what is pathway prep? It has nothing to do with the possibility of an interview right?
I dont think so, i attended the first one they sent me and this is their third time sending me this

I was invited to the last Pathway Prep - they said in the session that they pull for interviews from the Pathway Prep attendees. I didn't receive another one I don't think.

Hey guys, I have a 495 MCAT and a 3.5 GPA it's my first cycle applying and I applied to NSU MD months ago and I haven't heard back any updates. Do you think it's bc of my stats? I submitted my secondaries but I honestly can't find a decent portal to check my status updates. I'm OOS
I mean this as gently as possible but I would focus on other schools. Their 2023 admitted class had a 511 average and a 3.8 GPA. It's not impossible but realistically, they take 50 students and receive 5-6k applications.

I was invited to the last Pathway Prep - they said in the session that they pull for interviews from the Pathway Prep attendees. I didn't receive another one I don't think.
I was also at at the last pathway prep and got invited again. i think I've read on here that some people have had as many as 3 pathway prep invites

Reactions: 3 users
I mean this as gently as possible but I would focus on other schools. Their 2023 admitted class had a 511 average and a 3.8 GPA. It's not impossible but realistically, they take 50 students and receive 5-6k applications.

I was also at at the last pathway prep and got invited again. i think I've read on here that some people have had as many as 3 pathway prep invites
I am one of them. Doesn’t seem to be helping interview wise but will continue to join in case.

First Path Prep on Wednesday - do they open comments/questions at some point in the session? Appreciate the insight and hope to see you all there

First Path Prep on Wednesday - do they open comments/questions at some point in the session? Appreciate the insight and hope to see you all there
I have my second one today.

Last time what they did was sent us a link to type in questions where we could upvote ones we wanted to hear, and they went down the list in order of questions with the most upvotes.

Of course, many of the top questions were asking about IIs and they were mostly ignored.

Gotcha. Thanks again

I wonder if the Wednesday session is for first-timers only

OOS WL today, how should I feel about it? is there typically WL movement or is this a soft R? Have they sent any post ii R's? or is everyone who didn't get an automatic post ii acceptance put on the waitlist?

Edit: LM 68

OOS WL today, how should I feel about it? is there typically WL movement or is this a soft R? Have they sent any post ii R's? or is everyone who didn't get an automatic post ii acceptance put on the waitlist?

Edit: LM 68
I remember from the interview info session they were saying that there is a pretty good amount of wait list movement but I could be wrong. They did say ~48% post Interview acceptance rate during path prep for last years class so I would assume a pretty sizeable chunk of that might come from the wait list. Again, this is just my guess but here's to hoping for the best!

I remember from the interview info session they were saying that there is a pretty good amount of wait list movement but I could be wrong. They did say ~48% post Interview acceptance rate during path prep for last years class so I would assume a pretty sizeable chunk of that might come from the wait list. Again, this is just my guess but here's to hoping for the best!
AAMC says 150-200 on WL and 75 get offers (https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download) but I know they said they planned to interview a lot more people this year than last year (last year 345 interviews, 172 total acceptance offers, 54 spots) so if there hasn't been any post ii R's, the WL could be a lot larger so I am not sure what to think but I am hoping for the best for us as well!

AAMC says 150-200 on WL and 75 get offers (https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download) but I know they said they planned to interview a lot more people this year than last year (last year 345 interviews, 172 total acceptance offers, 54 spots) so if there hasn't been any post ii R's, the WL could be a lot larger so I am not sure what to think but I am hoping for the best for us as well!
Probably being super optimistic by saying this but I think they wanted to increase their class size too so maybe that potentially means more acceptances as well.

early october interview still no word 0_0
On the same boat, interviewed 10/6 and haven’t heard anything back. I have no idea if they are reviewing applications randomly but it’s weird we haven’t heard absolutely nothing back /:
I’m starting to think they might be doing it through alphabetical order or something

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
On the same boat, interviewed 10/6 and haven’t heard anything back. I have no idea if they are reviewing applications randomly but it’s weird we haven’t heard absolutely nothing back /:
I’m starting to think they might be doing it through alphabetical order or something
I don’t think so. I am middle of the alphabet and heard back first. Seems random

Hello all I interviewed 12/1 and haven’t heard back. How did nova inform you of your status? Email? Phone call?