2023-2024 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just for transparency, from that "first round" of interview invites, there were something like 280 students present at our info session. MSAR says they interview around 350 students total. It may be that they have already selected their "main pool" of interviewees, and are using this later info session to gauge what other II's to give out. This is just speculation tho.
Well my dreams are definitely over then 🫠 is that normal? 280 in the first round ?? That seems like so many

Members don't see this ad.

Just for transparency, from that "first round" of interview invites, there were something like 280 students present at our info session. MSAR says they interview around 350 students total. It may be that they have already selected their "main pool" of interviewees, and are using this later info session to gauge what other II's to give out. This is just speculation tho.
I believe that I remember them saying that they plan to interview more than 350 students this year in the Path Prep session.

Reactions: 1 users

i agree with this. My guess is that they will use the path prep session to gauge which students actually are interested. From that point they decide. That’s why ours isn’t “mandatory” but the previous one was. It could also be because they r still working out the kinks in the interview process since the last group had some issues with scheduling. That’s just my guess tho.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they gauge interest just by seeing if you show up to the session?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m curious what stats people have who received this message if it is gauging interest for an interview vs a program to help increase candidacy

Do they gauge interest just by seeing if you show up to the session?
I think so. I mean, this session is already "closed invite" -- meaning they probably have already closed it's doors to some applicants. By seeing who shows up, I think they get a better idea of who to send out the remaining II's.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m curious what stats people have who received this message if it is gauging interest for an interview vs a program to help increase candidacy
I am LM 69, MCAT 50x, sGPA 3.9x, cGPA 3.8x
I feel they are probably just gauging interest considering how different the first wave of emails are and our email lol.. They didn't even make it clear that the Zoom was required for an II.

No like I apparently have an interview today but they never sent the link
Oh oh, my bad. I read that happened to a few other people in this thread too, not sure what ended up happening after though

Had my interview at NSU last week, can't give any details (confidentiality agreement) but what I can tell you is that it was a really nice experience. All my anxiety beforehand was completely unnecessary. I felt like they truly wanted you to succeed and they tried really hard to make you feel comfortable throughout the process! So if you're currently stressing out for your upcoming interview here, please take a deep breath and relax, you will do amazing and have a great experience!

Reactions: 4 users
IS II received earlier today, attended 10/17 pathway prep!

Anyone else invited to the pathway prep on 10/17 not receive an interview invite ?

Reactions: 8 users
+II at 5 pm today after attending prep. LM 72, submitted first day

edited for stats

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone with AAMC FAP received the invitation to the pathway Prep or an II?

I wonder if there is a technical error with the application processing for the AAMC FAP applicants because we haven't paid

yes i have fap

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone else receive an email “Tips to Become a MD Student in an Hour?”

I didn’t even submit a secondary here. so I’m assuming I’m just on an email list?

Does anybody know if they accept post-II update letters to their email? I cannot remember what they said.

Just received the path prep invite! Does this mean interview or not quite yet? I’m seeing a lot of conflicting info on this thread. Would love to go to NSU!

Just received the path prep invite! Does this mean interview or not quite yet? I’m seeing a lot of conflicting info on this thread. Would love to go to NSU!
It doesn't mean an interview but your chances of getting one after attending are higher! Path prep is basically required for you to complete to even be considered for an interview (aside from the first path prep session which invited applicants to an interview simultaneously)

Last edited:
It doesn't mean an interview but your chances of getting one after attending are higher! Path prep is basically required for you to complete to even be considered for an interview (aside from the first path prep session which invited applicants to an interview simultaneously)

To add, I attended the optional one (second round) and got an II. But curious to see if anyone who attended still hasn’t gotten an interview invite.

Why do they wait till February for 1st round of acceptances?

Anyone else invited to the pathway prep on 10/17 not receive an interview invite ?
I just got the II after attending that pathway prep. On that note though, how are we supposed to attach a headshot photo to our app when our app isn't accessible? When I click the link, it would just allow me to basically start the secondary over again. Thanks in advance for any help!

I just got the II after attending that pathway prep. On that note though, how are we supposed to attach a headshot photo to our app when our app isn't accessible? When I click the link, it would just allow me to basically start the secondary over again. Thanks in advance for any help!
I believe you are supposed to email the admissions team with your headshot and also confirming the interview at that date/time.

I can't exactly remember if they said they accepted update letters post-interview. Does anyone else who interviewed remember? And if so, we just email them the letter correct?

I can't exactly remember if they said they accepted update letters post-interview. Does anyone else who interviewed remember? And if so, we just email them the letter correct?

If I remember correctly, they said we could and encouraged us to do so. We just email them to the admissions regarding any updates